Author Topic: Did Sixers offer Noel for Bradley?  (Read 4581 times)

Did Sixers offer Noel for Bradley?
« on: February 23, 2017, 04:43:47 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
It was reported that the Sixers called the Celtics about Bradley's availability.
They traded Noel to Mavs and didnt get much in return.
Which makes me wonder if Bradley for Noel was on the table.

Re: Did Sixers offer Noel for Bradley?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 04:45:38 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think it was but would have taken Noel and a 1st or more IMO to get AB.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 04:46:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
It was reported that the Sixers called the Celtics about Bradley's availability.

Not sure... But Noel ended up being a "bust" pick for the 76ers

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 04:50:28 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Not sure... But Noel ended up being a "bust" pick for the 76ers
it hurts to lose as much as the sixers and then have two top picks not pan out. the return on noel is weak, very weak. they can expect the same or less for okafur it seems.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 04:50:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Obviously they would have taken Bradley over two mid second round picks and a 23 year old wing "prospect" that can't shoot. Only review I saw for trade (SI) gave them a d-

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 04:51:51 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think we are going to be in the market to deal Bradley this summer. I wouldn't be shocked if Phily shows interest again this summer.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 04:56:52 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Trust the process though.

"This team will beat us in a few years" - insecure celticsblog posters.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 10:49:14 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Ainge was in a tough position on Noel. For one Bradley is a goner. That's pretty clear. No cap room for him. Maybe no cap room for Noel either, if he becomes available as a FA.

You could say Bradley for Noel makes sense short term. But Ainge is a strange guy. You don't know what's in his head. Maybe he knew buyouts would be available today--guys he might target short range.

The one thing I've heard in the media I find disconcerting is they don't want a defensive rebounding type up front because it detracts from the offense. Quite the contrary, I think. Bill Russell, anybody?

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 11:04:36 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
For one Bradley is a goner. No cap room for him.

Don't need it. Own his Bird Rights. Mostly a question of Wyc's tax comfort level, not to mention whether we're going to "build around" IT4.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 04:57:54 PM »

Offline Real World

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
We could potentially see a Bradley for Okafor type deal this offseason. 

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 05:02:05 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
We could potentially see a Bradley for Okafor type deal this offseason.

No we couldn't.

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 05:12:16 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Ainge was in a tough position on Noel. For one Bradley is a goner. That's pretty clear. No cap room for him. Maybe no cap room for Noel either, if he becomes available as a FA.

You could say Bradley for Noel makes sense short term. But Ainge is a strange guy. You don't know what's in his head. Maybe he knew buyouts would be available today--guys he might target short range.

The one thing I've heard in the media I find disconcerting is they don't want a defensive rebounding type up front because it detracts from the offense. Quite the contrary, I think. Bill Russell, anybody?
The game has changed and Russell would be nowhere near as effective in today's game.  You absolutely must defend the 3 point line 1st and foremost in today's game or you are just dead in the water against the elite teams.

Bradley needs to go to a team that has an offense run through a point forward like Milwaukee or potentially Phil. with Simmons.  He can then defend point guards and spot up on offense.  The C's at the trade deadline may very well have been hampered greatly by Bradley being injured.

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 06:57:33 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
Noel for Bradley would be such a rip off. How about Saric for Bradley this summer? It is a better deal for us, but if Philly wants the perfect player for their system from a division rival, they gotta overpay!

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 01:16:58 AM »

Offline Grindfather

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • First Team All-Defense

The game has changed and Russell would be nowhere near as effective in today's game.  You absolutely must defend the 3 point line 1st and foremost in today's game or you are just dead in the water against the elite teams.

Bradley needs to go to a team that has an offense run through a point forward like Milwaukee or potentially Phil. with Simmons.  He can then defend point guards and spot up on offense.  The C's at the trade deadline may very well have been hampered greatly by Bradley being injured.

Couple things:

1. Trying to compare players from different eras is largely a fool's errand (especially 50s/60s v. today).  That being said, I'm still going to do it. I think Bill Russell would still be amazing today.  His skill set would translate extremely well. He'd protect the rim, get steals, and switch onto everybody.  He'd be a combo of DeAndre Jordan, Draymond, and Kawhi on defense.

2. A guy that rebounds and does nothing else is not particularly helpful.  This is especially true if he's a poor pick and roll defender and/or a poor rim protector and can't space the floor on offense.  You are talking a net negative player at that point.   

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 01:23:30 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Obviously they would have taken Bradley over two mid second round picks and a 23 year old wing "prospect" that can't shoot. Only review I saw for trade (SI) gave them a d-

Exactly.

As for whether Ainge made an offer for Noel and what it was, we ll never know.

Whatever """leaks""" appear after the fact cannot be proven.