Author Topic: Buyout: Bogut and Terrence Jones are two players Boston could look to add ..  (Read 23024 times)

Re: terence jones
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2017, 12:18:54 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I always liked Terrence Jones. My question is, why is a player like him, at his age and health, bought out?

Part of it is because with NO, he wouldn't get many minutes with Cousins now in the fold.

NO has a major lack of talent though. Why not keep him and try to trade him this summer?

« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2017, 12:21:58 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I always liked Terrence Jones. My question is, why is a player like him, at his age and health, bought out?

Part of it is because with NO, he wouldn't get many minutes with Cousins now in the fold.

NO has a major lack of talent though. Why not keep him and try to trade him this summer?

He is an UFA before and after the buyout this summer, so for NO to get value, they would have to resign him, and wait for the grace period to trade him anywhere. So effectively the last point to trade him would have been the trade deadline.
#JKJB

« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2017, 12:22:28 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He's only on a 1 year deal. He asked to be released b/c of the potential lack of playing time and he shares an agent with Cousins, so I guess they're trying to keep the agent happy for Cousins' upcoming contract extension negotiations.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2017, 12:22:48 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

He is an UFA before and after the buyout this summer, so for NO to get value, they would have to resign him, and wait for the grace period to trade him anywhere. So effectively the last point to trade him would have been the trade deadline.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification!

Re: Buyout: Bogut and Terrence Jones are two players Boston could look to add ..
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2017, 01:46:54 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Per Adam Himmelsbach's twitter, C's and Jones had preliminary talks but deal is unlikely.

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/836280006389153794

Re: Buyout: Bogut and Terrence Jones are two players Boston could look to add ..
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2017, 01:52:33 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
Per Adam Himmelsbach's twitter, C's and Jones had preliminary talks but deal is unlikely.

Yikes.. no help in sight on the glass. That is concerning.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2017, 01:53:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

Because Mickey is our savior  ::)

Can't wait to see Jones in the Finals with the Warriors (hey it's possible..).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2017, 01:57:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

If you read the article, it implies that Jones wants a place that will guarantee him a lot of playing time.  Not a good fit if that's his number one concern.  If he plays well, he'll earn his minutes, but by no means should they be guaranateed.

« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2017, 02:02:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

If you read the article, it implies that Jones wants a place that will guarantee him a lot of playing time.  Not a good fit if that's his number one concern.  If he plays well, he'll earn his minutes, but by no means should they be guaranateed.

What contending team can give him a ton of minutes though? OKC? HOU?

Unless he's considering a non-contender then that's fine. Re-up his value again.

« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2017, 02:03:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Sad thing is that I dont see any help coming next season eithet..Ante is unproven
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2017, 02:05:43 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

What contending team can give him a ton of minutes though?

Who says he ends up on a contender? He asked for his release after the Pelicans got Boogie because minutes would all dry up and he was trying to prove he's worth a better contract next year.

« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2017, 02:09:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

What contending team can give him a ton of minutes though?

Who says he ends up on a contender? He asked for his release after the Pelicans got Boogie because minutes would all dry up and he was trying to prove he's worth a better contract next year.

Yeah I edited my comment a bit, I guess that could be the case.

« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2017, 02:10:49 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Guess we'd rather keep playing the ghost of Amir Johnson's prime.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2017, 02:27:58 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Here is what we know. Danny is making calls,  he will not gaurentee minutes,  and he doesn't want to mess with Chemistry .   All fingers are pointing to Sully.

At this point, I'll take anything.  Like I said in a diff. Post, we all witnessed a Sully that would fit with Horford very well.

Lets hope if we go that route, that we get that Sully.

« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2017, 03:01:55 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Danny might want the old 2 year vet min, 2nd non-guaranteed pickup contract special too.