Author Topic: Buyout: Bogut and Terrence Jones are two players Boston could look to add ..  (Read 23000 times)

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I would want Terrence Jones before Bogut, he's not as injury prone. If we get Jones I'm open for waiving a guy like Zeller and pick Bogut up, that way we'll have a 5 man big rotation of Jones/Horford/KO/Amir/Bogut while Jerebko will be injury insurance.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
why does everyone assume we are going to release a player and sign one? I would welcome either player but who knows if DA is even looking to do something like that. It's been kinda assumed that we are going to drop then pick up some1 by most posters in all of these threads.

some1 just needs to ask DA if he thinks it's an option we will explore because I wanna know who we are rolling with the rest of the way!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Tim MacMahonVerified account‏@espn_macmahon  35m35 minutes ago
More
 Two Mavs sources say they expect Andrew Bogut will choose to join the Cavaliers once he receives a buyout from the 76ers.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/835939061424504832
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Can the C's realistically afford both of these guys? I would think it would be either one or the other.

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
why does everyone assume we are going to release a player and sign one? I would welcome either player but who knows if DA is even looking to do something like that. It's been kinda assumed that we are going to drop then pick up some1 by most posters in all of these threads.

some1 just needs to ask DA if he thinks it's an option we will explore because I wanna know who we are rolling with the rest of the way!

I guess people like to give themselves hope when there is none. That way they can get angry about Danny.
Danny never suggested he will explore buyouts options. In fact it's the exact opposite. He clearly said a rebounder won't move the needle and might hurt our offense. AND he also mention that he likes the chemistry of this group and believe in them in the playoff.
TRANSLATION : we have a better chance in a playoff AS IS.
You can argue what you want, but that is Danny, Brad and the owners decision (he clearly said it's a group decision to move on to June that way).
But hey, there will be another rant wednesday after no buyout.  8)

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The only player on our team that I don't care about is Mickey.  Even James Young has shown me enough in the last couple weeks that I don't want to cut him to add one of those two guys.

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
So I don't know much about Terrence Jones but in the games against NO earlier in the season I remember Mike and Scal talking about him being a black hole on offense. Like the whole game he didn't pass the ball once he got it and it became a running joke. Not sure I want that guy on our team just so we can get a few extra rebounds

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
The only player on our team that I don't care about is Mickey.  Even James Young has shown me enough in the last couple weeks that I don't want to cut him to add one of those two guys.

Mickey kinda sucks .   Young has moved ahead of him in pecking order.,  Mickey moved to first man out.

terence jones
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2017, 10:55:55 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
is just 25  january  23 2017 scored 36 points against  the cav's
6-9 255 he has had some big games--great to have in playoffs
2 years at kentucky

Re: terence jones
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2017, 11:03:15 AM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
2 years at kentucky
From I read,  that 36 pt. Game, he did a good defending James to.

« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2017, 11:35:55 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
2 years at kentucky
From I read,  that 36 pt. Game, he did a good defending James to.

Exactly what we need....a hungry 25 year old with serious athleticism and playing for a contract and his future in the league.

If he doesn't fit in, we cut him and swallow the $$$ commitment. Low risk, potentially high reward.

And we need some new blood to revitalize this team. No brainer.

terence jones
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2017, 12:07:30 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
has a 2yr pedigree from univ of kentucky where he won national championship
6-9 255lbs as recently as jan 26,2017 he scored 36 against the cavs---big strong guy that has been around and cheap
also wants to play for celtics

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2017, 12:09:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I always liked Terrence Jones. My question is, why is a player like him, at his age and health, bought out?

Re: Buyout: Bogut and Terrence Jones are two players Boston could look to add ..
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Terrence Jones: Is this a no brainer, or what?

« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2017, 12:16:00 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
I always liked Terrence Jones. My question is, why is a player like him, at his age and health, bought out?

Part of it is because with NO, he wouldn't get many minutes with Cousins now in the fold.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller