Author Topic: Buyout: Bogut and Terrence Jones are two players Boston could look to add ..  (Read 22987 times)

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Bogut is eligible to return to GSW because of his time in Dallas.

Pretty sure it has to be a full year before he could go back to GSW.

Nope.  They didn't write the rule correctly, apparently.  Since he was traded to a second team, only the Mavs are restricted.

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

that's what i thought but i guess there's a loophole in the new cba

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

that's what i thought but i guess there's a loophole in the new cba

Right. GSW couldn't sign him if he was waived by the team they traded him to (Dallas). Since he was waived by a different team, there's no restriction.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Sully's going to be waived by Phoenix. He'd be the perfect addition, remedying our rebounding problem without the pains of learning a new system.

Lol full circle. You think we'd actually do it, though?

I'd take him over Jordan Mickey
.  Sometimes you need to see what else is out there before realizing maybe you were in the better spot originally.  True for both sides in the relationship.

That's not exactly saying much, but I agree. Mickey's garbage and at least Sullinger would be playing for his NBA life.

Garbage is a heavy word to describe a player who above all is a person. You may be garbage as a player assessor, and not him.

Respect is not a Disney concept.

What are you even talking about? Mickey seems like a great person, but as an NBA basketball player he is indeed garbage. I didn't think I had to be so descriptive as to what my adjective was describing since this is a basketball forum after all.

Offline jacigar

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
2 possible targets kyle o,quinn nyk .Would need a trade.Dewayne Dedmon SAS RFA coming off a 3m qualifying offer. Both guys can give a team 15-20mpg with good rebounding and rim protection.Oquinn is 6-10 250 7-5 wingspan. Dedmon is 7'0 245 7-4 ws  27 years old.Either would fit niciely with AH-KO-TZ A .Zezic

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sully's going to be waived by Phoenix. He'd be the perfect addition, remedying our rebounding problem without the pains of learning a new system.

Are you aware of how low his game has fallen.   He is shooting 31% from the field and 17% from the three.   

He was cheering when TOR was cleaning our clock.   What makes you think Ainge and CBS want him?  Or he would want to come here?   He looked like a guy who has put us behind him that game.   He is lazy, and was completely unreliable last time here and you want him back?  Not to mention him quitting on us his final season here.

the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.
Albert Einstein

The only place Sully is a perfect for a team is competitive eating at Golden Corral next to Joey Chestnut.

I would feel more comfortable with Jones knowing that he will actually likely be available come playoff time. Dude looks pretty good this year, too.

I feel the same way.  The way he let himself go and quit on the team in 2016 he does not deserve to put on the green ever again.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sullija01/gamelog/2016/#pgl_basic_playoffs::none

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Jones would be a good fit here.

Can guard the pick and roll and perimeter pretty well in switches.

Would be nice to get him working on his 3 point shot too. I like Bogut, but I don't think you can put Bogut and Horford on the court at the same time vs the Cavs with Love- he and Kyrie will destroy us.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
When few weeks ago Pelicans sans Anthony Davis beat healthy Cavs team with frontcourt of James, Love and Thompson...Terrence Jones scored 36 points with 11 rebounds and 3 blocks
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

.  Sometimes you need to see what else is out there before realizing maybe you were in the better spot originally.  True for both sides in the relationship.

That's not exactly saying much, but I agree. Mickey's garbage and at least Sullinger would be playing for his NBA life.

Garbage is a heavy word to describe a player who above all is a person. You may be garbage as a player assessor, and not him.

What are you even talking about? Mickey seems like a great person, but as an NBA basketball player he is indeed garbage. I didn't think I had to be so descriptive as to what my adjective was describing since this is a basketball forum after all.
I'm not really a fan of calling a player garbage or trash either because that describes him as a person, not just as a basketball player.  I prefer "He sucks", which Mickey of course does.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
That is sickening news - that Bogut can rejoin GSW.

The Warriors are good enough already. Hate seeing them getting better.

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
2 possible targets kyle o,quinn nyk .Would need a trade.Dewayne Dedmon SAS RFA coming off a 3m qualifying offer. Both guys can give a team 15-20mpg with good rebounding and rim protection.Oquinn is 6-10 250 7-5 wingspan. Dedmon is 7'0 245 7-4 ws  27 years old.Either would fit niciely with AH-KO-TZ A .Zezic

Didn't the trade deadline end yesterday afternoon at 3pm?

Smitty77

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I'm not really a fan of calling a player garbage or trash either because that describes him as a person, not just as a basketball player.  I prefer "He sucks", which Mickey of course does.

Semantics
Yup

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
That is sickening news - that Bogut can rejoin GSW.

The Warriors are good enough already. Hate seeing them getting better.

He seemed angry that he was traded.  I'd be surprised if that was a relationship that could be mended so quickly.

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Okay, probably a stupid question, but couldn't the Celtics have traded Zeller for Bogut and maybe thrown in a 2nd or something to make it worth their while?

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Okay, probably a stupid question, but couldn't the Celtics have traded Zeller for Bogut and maybe thrown in a 2nd or something to make it worth their while?

Yes, they could have.  Probably could have done it without a second-rounder.  But Bogut has been hurt a ton this year, and is likely to be less useful than Zeller going forward. He'd be more useful than Jordan Mickey, so that's why you wait for buyouts.

Also, Zeller's contract has a chance to be a useful trade piece around the draft, because it's non-guaranteed for next year.  But, in my opinion, it's more that you don't trade your only pure center (even if he's below average) for someone who's only played in 10 of the last 36 games due to injury, has a long history of not making it through seasons, and has been of only questionable effectivess even when on the court this year.