Author Topic: Danny : "I'm excited"  (Read 17522 times)

Re: Danny : "I'm excited"
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2017, 10:20:24 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'm excited that AB is coming back, we need to beat the enhanced Raptors on saturday to make a point.

Good luck. When you don't hit the boards you lose

On the bright side, our leading rebounder should be back
I'm bitter.

Re: Danny : "I'm excited"
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
The max cap space does no good unless you can actually attract max players to sign with you. Who out of the 2017 FA fits that bill? Reaching and overpaying Gordon Hayward??

Lol, he's just saying that. We'll try for George in 2018, I still think we have a good shot. Also, we're building through the draft. Been saying this on this board but people want to ignore reality.

People ignore it because building through the draft makes no sense when you're the #2 seed in the conference.

I'm just telling you what they're going to do. I would recommend listening to Wyc's interviews. He literally said he thinks they can win a championship with this team. He said there may be a chance they don't need a superstar to win...Ainge and the front office have been pretty transparent.

You aren't going to win a championship with this team.  I haven't heard Wyc say this is a Championship level team.  Please provide a link.  Nobody else in the league believes that either.  I have even heard Ainge say this team has faults.  You don't have the rebounding or rim protection to win it all. 

If you look at signing someone this summer (then you say goodbye to KO and maybe others).  Then if we get lucky and get the #1 pick and choose a PG I agree with Woj, IT will have issues with it, especially going into his contract year.  Both of the players you stashed this year form the draft want to come over next year.  Also, looking forward after next year you will lose either Bradley or IT because both are FA and both will want big contracts and someone will pay them.  You can't sign everyone.     

Tankcity,  Here's a quote from Wyc with a link just today saying that they are 2 players away which isn't what you said above...

Wyc in his inteview today  said. 

WYC GROUSBECK: CELTICS ARE TWO SIGNIFICANT PLAYERS AWAY
Celtics co-owner Wyc Grousbeck talks with Felger & Mazz about not making a major trade, saying the team is two significant players away from being a contender, and they didn't want to use all their assets on one player.

http://www.csnne.com/video/wyc-grousbeck