Author Topic: Danny : "I'm excited"  (Read 17467 times)

Re: Danny : "I'm excited"
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2017, 05:22:21 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
I'm not excited to waste IT's MVP-level season and one of Horford's last few seasons as an effective player.

This may be the most accurate statement on this board in months.

Ainge quit on this team.

LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Some of the posters here deserve the Kings ownership with the amount of complaining.

"Oh no Danny didn't get rid of a top 4 pick in a loaded draft for a guy that wouldn't get us a championship. OMGZ"

Or

"Oh no, Danny didn't get a guy that would only get 5 minutes off the bench. What an idiot".

the funniest of all are those of you acting like Danny has done a bad job.

Danny is a no questions asked top 5 executive in this league and that is a fact.

By the time Fultz or Ball are ready to win a chip will be in 5,6,7 years.. LeBron took 9 seasons.. Jordan 7.. curry 6... where do you think IT and Horford will be by then.. long gone!.. so what happens in the meantime???? you can't develop these rookies next year and not flip assests and think you're going to win a championship lol

« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2017, 05:28:45 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I'm not excited to waste IT's MVP-level season and one of Horford's last few seasons as an effective player.

Ainge quit on this team.

LOL

Some of the posters here deserve the Kings ownership with the amount of complaining.

"Oh no Danny didn't get rid of a top 4 pick in a loaded draft for a guy that wouldn't get us a championship. OMGZ"

Or

"Oh no, Danny didn't get a guy that would only get 5 minutes off the bench. What an idiot".

Danny is a no questions asked top 5 executive in this league and that is a fact.

By the time Fultz or Ball are ready to win a chip will be in 5,6,7 years.. LeBron took 9 seasons.. Jordan 7.. curry 6... where do you think IT and Horford will be by then.. long gone!.. so what happens in the meantime???? you can't develop these rookies next year and not flip assests and think you're going to win a championship lol

You mean the rookies should be ready to take over when our current crop of players expires?

That's what? Potentially 15 years of high-level basketball? That makes me so mad /s
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2017, 05:33:25 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
This is the first time I´m happy at the trade deadline  ;D I love Danny Ainge! I´m chatting with these Bulls fans now and oh boy... The jealousy  8)

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2017, 05:33:27 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think Ainge was willing to do the Cousins deal, but Brad didn't want him. Whether that's true or not may never be known. But that was one that coulda been had. The other two players seemed too pricey, especially when they weren't positions of need.

For all those who do not trust Ainge: do you think it's common for a team to go from first round exit with old, declining stars to a brand new 50+ win squad complete with all-NBAers, all-stars, all-defensers, top draft picks, etc. with a well respected coach all within 3-4 seasons?

What he has done in a short time may not be unprecedented, but it's certainly rare to see a GM completely turn the roster over and have so many assets. If he wasn't ready to cash some in, I have to believe there wasn't a good enough offer.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2017, 05:35:45 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens

Ainge quit on this team.

LOL

Or

You mean the rookies should be ready to take over when our current crop of players expires?

That's what? Potentially 15 years of high-level basketball? That makes me so mad /s

im not sure what you mean.

« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2017, 05:43:36 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Nick FriedellVerified account‏@NickFriedell  10m10 minutes ago
More
 League source says Boston never made this year's Brooklyn pick available to Bulls in trade discussions centered around Jimmy Butler.

We probably offered Zeller's expiring, James Young, and 2020 Boston pick  ::)
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2017, 05:45:23 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen

We are winning right now, aren't we?
We have the very rare chance to build a team that can be good now AND in the future.

If people want us to be like the Spurs, then there's certain rules we have to follow. Here's rule #1: Don't do anything stupid.

Trading three of our core plus a high pick for George is exactly that: stupid.
It's a clear win now move that doesn't even make us better in the immediate future, because we'd be giving up half of the guys who got us here in the first place. This team without Bradley, Crowder and Smart, plus George, is just as far away from winning it all this year as we are right now, probably even further away.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2017, 05:57:11 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens

We have the very rare chance to build a team that can be good now AND in the future.

If people want us to be like the Spurs, then there's certain rules we have to follow. Here's rule #1: Don't do anything stupid.

It's a clear win now move that doesn't even make us better in the immediate future, because we'd be giving up half of the guys who got us here in the first place. This team without Bradley, Crowder and Smart, plus George, is just as far away from winning it all this year as we are right now, probably even further away.

we havent' won anything with this team yet.. I think we can get to second round... but then what??? also, im in the camp that we should have made a minor move and added a rebounder/defensive center... Because we want to win now right? I don't think we should have given up that package for PG13.. so we agree on that.. but players were traded for late firsts and 2nd's.. we have a plethora of that to make a solid addition.. NOT A SPLASH. just a solid addition... No one of this current team is the Duncan role so being the spurs isn't happening... The drafted players will take years to develop and IT will be long gone.. Bradley gone.. horford might be retired.. so who's filling in the gaps?

« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2017, 06:08:58 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
4UCK You , Danny.

Hilarious.

Danny is one of the best GM's in the NBA.

He knows far better than you what he is doing.

I honestly don't get how some of you don't see how great Danny is at his job.

Go follow the kings, they seem more in line with how you want your GM's to operate.

I'm okay with the complaining for today. Heck, I even participated in it. There were a lot of expectations for the day. There were some players who could have filled in some holes, even for 10-15 minutes per game. And we didn't move.

That's okay, but I'm taking 24 hours for disappointment. Then, back to business. We're still the second best team in the east.

Mike

« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2017, 06:10:32 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Ainge is finally listening to Red's advice.

No deal is better than a bad deal. Sometimes a great move is no move. It has taken Ainge time to learn this tactic.

« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2017, 06:15:36 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen

we havent' won anything with this team yet.. I think we can get to second round... but then what??? also, im in the camp that we should have made a minor move and added a rebounder/defensive center... Because we want to win now right? I don't think we should have given up that package for PG13.. so we agree on that.. but players were traded for late firsts and 2nd's.. we have a plethora of that to make a solid addition.. NOT A SPLASH. just a solid addition... No one of this current team is the Duncan role so being the spurs isn't happening... The drafted players will take years to develop and IT will be long gone.. Bradley gone.. horford might be retired.. so who's filling in the gaps?

Of course we haven't won anything, yet. This is IT's 2nd full season with the team, and we've gotten better each year since Coach Stevens came here. There's absolutely no rush to overpay in a win now move that doesn't even help us win now.

If you're just mad that we didn't acquire some backup player who may or may not help us this year, that's even sillier because

a) you don't know who was available at which price, and how many of our "assets" were temporarily frozen because Ainge was working on a bigger deal, and

b) there's still plenty of opportunities out there. Guys will get bought out, and most of them will jump at a chance to play for the currently 5th best team in the league.

Nothing has changed.
We're still the #2 in the east, are loaded with assets and still can potentially afford a max player in FA. There's every reason to be excited.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:22:29 PM by Casperian »

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2017, 06:20:48 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
If he's excited to get out rebounded every night and get bounced in the first round, then yeah I get that.

he gets outrebounded but he is the 2nd team in the east. btw you do know thay the playoffs start in 2 months right? unless i overslept and missed the 1st round exit

Bad rebounding teams don't win playoff series IE: '14-'15, '15-'16.

I like where we're at, and am happy we passed on Bird's insane demands for George, but we missed a very good opportunity to make ourselves better this season without sacrificing the future. And for that, I am disappointed.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2017, 06:24:30 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens

Of course we haven't won anything, yet. This is IT's 2nd full season with the team, and we've gotten better each year since Coach Stevens came here. There's absolutely no rush to overpay in an win now move that doesn't even help us win now.

If you're just mad that we didn't acquire some backup player who may or may not help us this year, that's even sillier because

a) you don't know who was available at which price, and how many of our "assets" were temporarily frozen because Ainge was working on a bigger deal, and

b) there's still plenty of opportunities out there. Guys will get bought out, and most of them will jump at a chance to play for the currently 5th best team in the league.

Nothing has changed.
We're still the #2 in the east, are loaded with assets and still can potentially afford a max player in FA. There's every reason to be excited.

pj tucker went for sully and two 2nd's.. you saying we couldn't match that? nole went for bogut, Anderson and a first rounder.. amir, rozier and a first couldn't match that? and don't give me an excuse we need to keep rozier when we have Bradley, it, smart and possibly ball/fultz coming.. someone has to go... point is there were upgrades to make..

only thing that saves this is if we get bogut.. but rockets and cavs are in on it

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2017, 06:29:38 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Ainge quit on this team.

LOL

Or

LOL.

That's your opinion, one that I do not share in the slightest.

He had an obligation today to bolster this team. That doesn't involve a superstar. It involves a rebounder, a defender or one of each.

He failed, miserably. He quit on this team, and he short-circuited the playoff shelf life of this team this year.

You are entitled to your blind faith. That's cute.

I deal in results, and today, Danny Ainge let the 2016-17 Celtics down. He quit on this season, and I find that absolutely inexcusable.

If he's a top 5 executive in this league, then that says more about the quality of GMs in the NBA than it does his job performance, which today was abysmal.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2017, 06:31:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Good job Danny....Love ya patience. You did not build all this to hand it off to some slackers. Good job.