Author Topic: Getting Brandon Knight&Okafor=perfect timing like IT trade  (Read 2848 times)

Getting Brandon Knight&Okafor=perfect timing like IT trade
« on: February 23, 2017, 03:36:49 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Brandon Knight
Amir, T-wolves 2017 2nd rounder

Jahlil Okafor
Marcus Smart
From Rozier to a combination of Smart and/or Rozier and a future first(the latter being the worst case)But let's say it cost Smart.

IT had years left on his contract and was on a team that diminished his value. We got IT for Marcus Thornton and a late 1st rounder. We took advantage of PHO's misusing IT and took what they thought was a BURDENSOME contract.

Right now the ask for B. Knight(4 years left on contract..including this one) is just Amir and an early 2nd rounder(The T-wolves could do)

Jahlil Okafor could be done for maybe as low as Rozier to as high as Marcus Smart +late picks or maybe even a future 1st.

IMO adding B. Knight (even if we lose Smart and/or Rozier 4 Okafor) gives us a legit 1/2 that IMO has a very good contract for many years. BK would be a great 6th man and would also be great to fill in the shoes if IT/AB got hurt.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:42:02 PM by Future Celtics Owner »

Re: Getting Brandon Knight&Okafor=perfect timing like IT trade
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 03:42:27 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Okafor for Smart, Rozier, and a future first? Why the hell would we ever do that? Even Smart for Okafor is an overpay

edit: not to mention that the trade deadline has passed

edit 2: And Phoenix did not consider IT's contract to be "burdensome", it was that they considered him redundant (even after trading Dragic)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 03:43:49 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The Okafor trade is a massive overpay.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 05:33:27 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Okafor for Smart, Rozier, and a future first? Why the hell would we ever do that? Even Smart for Okafor is an overpay

edit 2: And Phoenix did not consider IT's contract to be "burdensome", it was that they considered him redundant (even after trading Dragic)
I said best case to worst case. So I already stated and thought it was pretty easy to understand that all that for Okafor was not current market value.

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 05:42:09 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I said best case to worst case. So I already stated and thought it was pretty easy to understand that all that for Okafor was not current market value.

Then why even suggest it as an option? If I say "I'd try to trade for Stauskas, best case give up James Young, worst case Isaiah Thomas", then that is implying that I would still do the deal even if they asked for the "worst case scenario" (in this hyperbolic example, Isaiah for Stauskas). Otherwise it's not a "worst case scenario", it's well past the point of walking away
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 05:47:45 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I agree that those are good players on low prices, but the reality is that we don't need those guys. Knight is a PG who can play SG, same like Smart. Where would BS find minutes for Knight, more than 15? Cut IT,AB or Smart minutes? And Okafor is a 5, he would take KO minutes? I don't see those guys fitting with the Celtics but i agree that they would be cheap

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 06:35:15 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
By RPM those are two of the worst players in the Association.  Smart for Okafor would be grounds for firing a GM.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 06:46:16 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I hope that we can't make this trade or any other trade until June. ;D ;D ;D

Some teams can trade on April 13th.

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 08:43:37 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'm all aboard trading for Okafor as always but not for Marcus Smart. I think he is the kind of guy we add once a major trade has gone down. Say we trade the Nets 17, Zeller and Bradley for Butler on draft night, consummated post moratorium, renegotiate ITs contract before the trade completes, it is at that point I could see an Okafor for Rozier type trade

By RPM those are two of the worst players in the Association.  Smart for Okafor would be grounds for firing a GM.

RPM is a trash stat so it doesn't really matter where they rank with it.

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 09:30:02 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I'm all aboard trading for Okafor as always but not for Marcus Smart. I think he is the kind of guy we add once a major trade has gone down. Say we trade the Nets 17, Zeller and Bradley for Butler on draft night, consummated post moratorium, renegotiate ITs contract before the trade completes, it is at that point I could see an Okafor for Rozier type trade

RPM is a trash stat so it doesn't really matter where they rank with it.

Really, why?  How about giving a counter argument that explains a better way to look at those players?

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 03:06:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am not a fan of J.Okafor. He hurts his teams more than he helps them. Not optimistic about his chances of improving his defense & rebounding enough to change so that ... hence, I do not want to take a chance on him.

I like Brandon Knight but do not like his fit on this team. He is a similar type player as George Hill. A defensive PG who is an able setup guard on offense. Knight is a better scorer than G.Hill is though. I do not like Knight as a SG. He is proven to struggle there. So I do not see a fit for B.Knight on this Celtics team. I do hope he lands somewhere else though and finds a good home because is a quality NBA player.

So, neither guy for me.

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 03:23:35 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
If Philly could have gotten a first rounder for Okafor he wouldn't be with them right now.