Author Topic: What are the chances of us actually getting Bogut after a buyout?  (Read 1681 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
What are the chances of us actually getting Bogut after a buyout?

Cavs have a better chance at a ring, but surely we offer him more playing time and a better chance to show that he can still garner another contract. Any other teams that are in play for him?

If we could somehow nab Bogut after a buyout, this deadline wouldn't be a complete failure. He'd at least help our rebounding.

Re: What are the chances of us actually getting Bogut after a buyout?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 03:23:20 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I think it will be tougher than expected.

Reportedly, we won't be the only team going after Bogut as San Antonio, Cavs and Houston will show interest too.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 03:23:21 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Pretty high.  I feel like Cavs don't have that great of a need for him.  We can offer the most money out of any contender aside from possibly Houston.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Doubt it. Bogut wants to get back at the Warriors and by joining the Cavs and meeting them in the Finals he can do that

We should be looking at Terrence Jones tho!!
Could be an interesting addition to this team

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 03:49:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
https://twitter.com/JustinVerrier/status/834859064349904896

Apparently Jones will also be bought out. If we can get one of Bogut, Jones, or  even Sanders, then I'll be happy. We just seriously can't go into the playoffs with our abysmal bigs rotation.

I am still ticked we didn't get Noel, though.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 04:03:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Apparently Jones will also be bought out. If we can get one of Bogut, Jones, or  even Sanders, then I'll be happy. We just seriously can't go into the playoffs with our abysmal bigs rotation.

Noel could be had at the end of the year if Danny really wanted him unless Dalles gives him a Max. Would you really want to Max out Noel?  No team that made a trade today is winning a championship but most gave up assets for marginal improvement. That's not something the Celtics have to do we are building through the draft, something that only one top 5 team can do.

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 04:03:59 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

Noel makes a lot more sense for a team like the Mavs, who have no use for cap space in the short term.  Not taking on his salary leaves the door open for a double-max coup this summer. 

I'm not bothered about Noel, but concerned that we didn't go for a short-term improvement to the bigs rotation.  Like you said, hopefully Bogut is on the table.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 04:10:57 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
My feeling is that we will go after Bogut, but probably won't get him.  Seems like there are a lot of other teams very interested.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 04:26:05 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The good thing is that we have our room exception as well as cap space, so we can offer more money than several of the other teams we'll be competing with.  As of March 1st, we can offer someone like Bogut a shade over $2 million for the rest of the season, whereas Cleveland can offer him $383k for the rest of the year.  It's enough of a difference to help.

Houston has a good chunk of cap room after their trades today, however, so they can outbid us. But no one else ahead of us in the standings can.

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 04:32:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
The good thing is that we have our room exception as well as cap space, so we can offer more money than several of the other teams we'll be competing with.  As of March 1st, we can offer someone like Bogut a shade over $2 million for the rest of the season, whereas Cleveland can offer him $383k for the rest of the year.  It's enough of a difference to help.

Houston has a good chunk of cap room after their trades today, however, so they can outbid us. But no one else ahead of us in the standings can.

Nothing like cold hard facts from salt to throw my feelings on the scrap heap.  tp for the info.

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 04:40:14 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I would like to get Bogut. But He has reason to go To Cavs. He also will make money from winning the Finals too. And we will not be doing that so I see Cavs in his future.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 04:56:40 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
If he wants a Champion, he'd choose between Cavs and Spurs,
I'd bet he goes to Cavs, just so he can avenge GSW for trading him away.