Author Topic: So TOR/WAS Improved, And We Didn't Even Make A Short-Term Improvement?  (Read 8576 times)

Re: So TOR/WAS Improved, And We Didn't Even Make A Short-Term Improvement?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 03:38:54 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Second round of playoffs at best. Team cannot beat Cleveland or the Raps as it is constructed. Might as well look forward to summer

Pretty much.

Can't beat WAS either honestly.

Based on what?  We've split the season series so far based on location (we won in Boston, they won in Washington) and unless something huge changes we'd likely have home court for any matchup with them.  And don't tell me it's because they added Bogdanovic, we essentially added Bradley (as compared to before the trade deadline and to the last game vs Washington) and he is 5x the player Bogdan is

I would stop counting on Avery Bradley. He is constantly hurt. Year in year out. Guy is made of glass.
So is Bradley Beal, so is John Wall.

Beal makes Bradley look like Lou Gehrig.

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 03:39:02 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Second round of playoffs at best. Team cannot beat Cleveland or the Raps as it is constructed. Might as well look forward to summer

Pretty much.

Based on what?  We've split the season series so far based on location (we won in Boston, they won in Washington) and unless something huge changes we'd likely have home court for any matchup with them.  And don't tell me it's because they added Bogdanovic, we essentially added Bradley (as compared to before the trade deadline and to the last game vs Washington) and he is 5x the player Bogdan is

I would stop counting on Avery Bradley. He is constantly hurt. Year in year out. Guy is made of glass.

Like the 11 TOTAL games he missed the previous two seasons (I'll grant you that he missed 5 more in the playoffs last year, but that's still only 16 games out of 174).  Not to mention that he's not the only "injury prone" player in the NBA
I'm bitter.

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 03:39:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Danny Ainge is the asset collector. Think he enjoys have 5 second round picks and Euro's stashed overseas for years more than actually using them for legit NBA players

He built a championship team. He's a top GM.

14 years=1 title. Awesome.

One more than a Toronto or D.C. 

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 03:40:59 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Pretty much.

Like the 11 TOTAL games he missed the previous two seasons (I'll grant you that he missed 5 more in the playoffs last year, but that's still only 16 games out of 174).  Not to mention that he's not the only "injury prone" player in the NBA

And it cost them the Atlanta series. I hope his hamstring holds up..hope the Achilles holds up but I will believe it when I see it. It just keeps getting longer and longer about his return. Prolly won't play for the next few games

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 03:41:04 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Danny Ainge is the asset collector. Think he enjoys have 5 second round picks and Euro's stashed overseas for years more than actually using them for legit NBA players

More than Everyone in the East except Miami and tied with Cavs.

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 03:41:48 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

Hmm, didn't realize Masai Ujiri

One more than a Toronto or D.C.

Hmm, didn't realize Masai Ujiri has been with Toronto for 14 years....

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 03:42:27 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
14 picks in 4 years..that's a lot..don't know why u have that many if u don't trade any of them
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2017, 03:42:35 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

so then we're only 5 years away from the next one

jeez louise

i can't understand how some fans cannot see the enviable position we are in
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2017, 03:42:47 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

More than Everyone in the East except Miami and tied with Cavs.
tied with Detroit and Miami for most non-Lebron rings.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2017, 03:43:24 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
We weren't looking for short-term improvements.

Toronto has Lowry & Derozan and needs to fill out their team.
WAS has Wall and Beal is getting paid like another star.

Both of those teams are what they are and now need to make the most of it while their stars are in their primes.

We are still looking for a star and aren't giving up valuable picks to fill out the roster. That being said, we can't keep cutting young players due to lack of roster space.

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2017, 03:45:01 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
We weren't looking for short-term improvements.

Toronto has Lowry & Derozan and needs to fill out their team.
WAS has Wall and Beal is getting paid like another star.

Both of those teams are what they are and now need to make the most of it while their stars are in their primes.

We are still looking for a star and aren't giving up valuable picks to fill out the roster. That being said, we can't keep cutting young players due to lack of roster space.

Correct. Sooner or later you are going to have an extremely young team if you keep all the picks and that means you are not winning for a while. Maybe that is the plan. Wait everyone else out as your young guys mature

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2017, 03:46:14 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
We get to keep the brooklyn pick and at draft night we gonna probably add Fultz/Ball. Even if we got PG13 we wouldn't beat Cavs but i'm so excited about this loaded draft when we might get a franchise player. Fultz/Ball + Brown + Smart not bad at all

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2017, 03:46:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Good luck to them beating Cavs , Spurs and Warrior or even Rockets.

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2017, 03:50:24 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
haha lets wait for IT to decline or and rely ln a bunch of young players get us to the finals in 4 years time. I guess watching be being beat down by tor and washington for the next few years will all be worth it if we possibly make the finals. Good job ainge go believe every gm is billy king

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2017, 03:57:33 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
So PJ Tucker and Serge Ibaka are gonna be the guys to push TOR over the top on CLE and GSW huh?

I'm okay with the C's staying pat. I don't see how trading 3 legit rotation players for a guy who would commit to staying in BOS long term brings would bring the C's any closer to a championship. They still have the picks, they have cap space, and they have all their young players that are on pace to win 50 games. In the words of Aaron Rogers: "R-E-L-A-X."