Author Topic: So TOR/WAS Improved, And We Didn't Even Make A Short-Term Improvement?  (Read 8601 times)

Re: So TOR/WAS Improved, And We Didn't Even Make A Short-Term Improvement?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 03:31:38 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
50/50 Celtics lose the East. They have no shot at the Cavs this year.

It's not George or Butler--it's Ainge's failure to do anything to improve the rebounding/defense up front. And he got finessed out of Bogut, who will probably sign with the Cavs.

I give Danny an F for the trade deadline. He sets his sights too high.

Agreed.

Total failure by Ainge. He didn't have to land the big fish, just a rebounder. And they were out there - for pennies on the dollar.

He totally struck out. Owes the locker room an apology.

And yet people think this guy is going to draft a champion. That's so cute.

I believed it was best to build thru the draft primarily because it fits any realistic window of contention.  But I have to agree, a smaller trade was warranted, and plenty of solid options went for pennies on the dollar.  IT's going to have back problems before he turns 29.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 03:31:44 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Not a bad thing.

Trust the Process - Danny Ainge style.

Mediocrity!  Yay!  Fireworks!

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 03:31:59 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
Our players have been improving the last few years. The team has been visibly improving over the course of THIS year.

I think C's management wants to continue that trend.

There's no guarantee that nay trades make us or our competitors better. Especially minor deals for Bogdanovic/Tucker etc. If anything, a late-season trade might disrupt team chemistry and reduce PT for our prospects.

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 03:32:22 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
i think we are better than any team not named Cleveland in the east. getting ibaka and tucker, and bogdanovic doesn't give you a lot. Why would the Magic get rid of him in a jiffy, and bogdanovic is a 15-20 min player 10 ppg and nothing else(plus absolutely no D)
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 03:32:59 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
lol all the Negative Nancy's, here.

Until the series is played - "IF" we even meet them in the playoffs (upsets, injuries to their teams etc etc) how can we say that they'll beat us?

Let the games play themselves out.

I'm a bit surprised that we didn't make any trades but we should trust Danny / Brad.

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 03:34:13 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Second round of playoffs at best. Team cannot beat Cleveland or the Raps as it is constructed. Might as well look forward to summer

Pretty much.

Can't beat WAS either honestly.

Based on what?  We've split the season series so far based on location (we won in Boston, they won in Washington) and unless something huge changes we'd likely have home court for any matchup with them.  And don't tell me it's because they added Bogdanovic, we essentially added Bradley (as compared to before the trade deadline and to the last game vs Washington) and he is 5x the player Bogdan is
I'm bitter.

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 03:34:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I still think we are # 2 team in the East. I don't see any vast improvements any one in the East made. The Celtics getting Bradley back will be the best addition after the All Star by any team in the east.

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 03:34:31 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Danny Ainge is the asset collector. Think he enjoys have 5 second round picks and Euro's stashed overseas for years more than actually using them for legit NBA players

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 03:35:45 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Second round of playoffs at best. Team cannot beat Cleveland or the Raps as it is constructed. Might as well look forward to summer

Pretty much.

Based on what?  We've split the season series so far based on location (we won in Boston, they won in Washington) and unless something huge changes we'd likely have home court for any matchup with them.  And don't tell me it's because they added Bogdanovic, we essentially added Bradley (as compared to before the trade deadline and to the last game vs Washington) and he is 5x the player Bogdan is

I would stop counting on Avery Bradley. He is constantly hurt. Year in year out. Guy is made of glass.

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 03:36:27 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
IMO we are still the second best team in the East. Although Id really rather not see Toronto in the 2nd round.

Hopefully we stay 2nd seed, they grab the 4th seed and get steamrolled by Cleveland.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 03:36:54 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
lol all the Negative Nancy's, here.

Until the series is played - "IF" we even meet them in the playoffs (upsets, injuries to their teams etc etc) how can we say that they'll beat us?

Let the games play themselves out.

I'm a bit surprised that we didn't make any trades but we should trust Danny / Brad.

When Brad wins a playoff series, I'll trust him. Until then....

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 03:36:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Danny Ainge is the asset collector. Think he enjoys have 5 second round picks and Euro's stashed overseas for years more than actually using them for legit NBA players

He built a championship team. He's a top GM.

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 03:37:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Pretty much.

I would stop counting on Avery Bradley. He is constantly hurt. Year in year out. Guy is made of glass.
So is Bradley Beal, so is John Wall.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 03:37:50 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

He built a championship team. He's a top GM.

14 years=1 title. Awesome.

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 03:37:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
This topic is too funny to pass up. LOL