Author Topic: Woj Trade Deadline Show Live  (Read 9277 times)

Re: Woj Trade Deadline Show Live
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2017, 03:08:18 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I knew the #2 seed won't be lived for long.

The Raptors got a major upgrade in Ibaka and Tucker.
The Wizards picked up Bogdonovic.
The Hawks got Ilyasova.

The Celtics did absolutely nothing but get an ailing Avery Bradley back from injury. We're looking at around the 4th or 5th seed by season's end.
we are up 4 games on Toronto and 4.5 on Atlanta.

Its really hard to make up that kind of ground over 25 games.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2017, 03:08:51 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Celtics standing pat...

In other words I just wasted 2 hours on Twitter following the deadline deals.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2017, 03:08:52 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Lol Philly still can't find a deal for Okafor lol

I say we swipe up Okafor for cheap

Freaking anything to upgrade our bigs rotation at this point. It will be a complete failure by Danny to not at least upgrade our bigs rotation in some way.

Well we missed out on Tucker, Noel, Cousins, Bogut, and Ibaka. All players attained with an exchange of little value.

Toronto and Washington get better, Celtics stand pat and make no improvement.

Here comes another 1st round exit

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2017, 03:08:55 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Raps get Tucker and Ibaka.  Celts make no moves.

Alright, we're officially playing for the second round and that's it.

I think we're building for 5 years from now, guys.

So stupid. Can't wait until we get effed over in the lottery and are picking third and fourth again, because "flexibility" and "building for the future."  ::)

So we have ping pong chances in '17 and '18?

Hmm, nice to know that we still have some balls somewhere.

Mike

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2017, 03:09:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Boston now to me falls behind the Raptors in the East

I can see the Cs winning the opening round and that is about all at this point. Sooner or later Danny has to stop collecting assests and use them to add some help outside of the first round picks

If the current group is maxed out around a 50ish win / borderline 2nd round team, what kind of move involving picks and young assets is going to get them further?

I think it would have to be a trade for an All-Star that doesn't compromise the current core, right?

Doesn't sound like that has been an option yet, unless you think they could have gotten Cousins.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2017, 03:09:37 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
like a whining child whos toy you took away

lol the amount of crybabys on here... did you all think the Celtics were gonna win it all with a move ... c'mon the have a great young nucleus with cap room and two top picks coming in the next two years ...

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2017, 03:09:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
No deal meat mean Danny confident we can get a great building block in draft. Too 4 guys are all targeted to be starters in NBA.

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2017, 03:10:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm a little bummed we didn't go after Gallinari. Who knows what they wanted for him but given what better guys went for, probably not much. A wing scorer who can get to the rim would've been a nice roster upgrade. Tucker could've also bolstered our wing though with a different skillset.

Not so bummed about missing out on George after the offer that was leaked. Not a viable deal there. And now we get to win 50 games and find out if we also get the #1 pick or "only" #3/4. Not a bad position to be in.

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2017, 03:10:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Scal hyping Markell's Fultz for the Celtics right now.

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2017, 03:11:05 PM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

The Hawks got Ilyasova.

The Celtics did absolutely nothing but get an ailing Avery Bradley back from injury. We're looking at around the 4th or 5th seed by season's end.
Do not look down and take a step back from that ledge overreact much? We have the easiest schedule of all of them and have 4.5 games on the hawks with 25 games to go, if you want to be upset go ahead but that's ridiculous and you are saying it in like every thread. Do you really think ilyasova makes the hawks 15 games better over the course of a season cause that's how the math would work out.

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2017, 03:11:43 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

The Hawks got Ilyasova.

we are up 4 games on Toronto and 4.5 on Atlanta.

Its really hard to make up that kind of ground over 25 games.

Are you suggesting that Ersan Ilyasova isn't gonna increase the Hawks' wins by over 20%?!
I'm bitter.

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2017, 03:13:16 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The real story here is that we didn't make a play for Taj Gibson, who got traded for a basket of spare parts and a second-rounder. He would have instantly been our second-best big.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2017, 03:14:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The real story here is that we didn't make a play for Taj Gibson, who got traded for a basket of spare parts and a second-rounder. He would have instantly been our second-best big.

Taj also would've been really nice, and a good fit here.

It's the small deals I'm more disappointed about than the big ones.

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm a little bummed we didn't go after Gallinari. Who knows what they wanted for him but given what better guys went for, probably not much. A wing scorer who can get to the rim would've been a nice roster upgrade. Tucker could've also bolstered our wing though with a different skillset.

Not so bummed about missing out on George after the offer that was leaked. Not a viable deal there. And now we get to win 50 games and find out if we also get the #1 pick or "only" #3/4. Not a bad position to be in.

50 wins, a couple weeks of playoff games, the lottery, and then a top 4 selection in the draft.

Not bad.

Could've maybe given up a minor asset to improve the rotation in some way, but I can understand why Ainge might feel like it's not worth it.  Celts aren't getting past CLE this year without a major move.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2017, 03:14:47 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Looking at it from the Celtics perspective -- they've had a lot of success so far this season, and have had their top rotation players all available for about 1/3 of the games.  If they're healthy the rest of the way, they still might have a higher ceiling than they've shown to date.  And if they're not healthy, then it isn't going to matter anyway.

That's what I'm telling myself, but man, Tucker pretty much went for the price I thought he'd go for, and it's to Toronto.  He'd have been nice.

More minutes for Jaylen -- keep earning them, kid!