Author Topic: Windhorst : George likely to be traded(Indy clearing roster spots?)  (Read 28471 times)

Re: Windhorst : George likely to be traded
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
The rumors coming out make it seem like it is getting progressively more likely as time moves towards the deadline. When nothing happens I'm going to have the worst basketball related blue balls ever.

What's the female version of blue balls? I might just burst into frustrated, inconsolable tears at my desk if nothing happens.

I'm pretty sure that my response would at least get me a CB time out.

Mike

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 01:23:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Guessing to Lakers for ingram , 2017 1st, clarkson

They can't trade their 2017 1st, Philly has the rights unless it's top 3, and if it is Philly has the rights to their 2018 pick.  They could only trade their 2017 1st if they hit top 3 and it's draft night.

They can trade their 2017 1st if they keep it, or 2018 if Philly gets 2017.  Still dwarfed by the Nets pick.

Wouldn't that violate the Stepien Rule?

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Can they trade their 2017 first at all, or can they simply say "2017 if it finishes 1,2 or 3?"

Mike

I don't think they can. The Stepian rule doesn't allow for even the possibility of having no 1st in consecutive years, so they couldn't give away their pick this year if it's in the top 3 because they would still owe the 2018 pick to Philly.  And considering that they already traded their 2019 pick (or 2020 if they don't convey to Philly this year), I don't see how they could include a first at all
I'm bitter.

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 01:23:57 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I wonder if the Lakers could actually be in play here. Is Randle, Ingram, and a 1st more than Danny would offer?

I don't want to get in a bidding war with the Lakers, who will probably sign him as a FA in a couple years anyway.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 01:23:58 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Pacers are now said to be clearing roster spots...

Three spots for Ingram, Russell and Randle? ;)

Mike

That works in the trade checker as well..I did it yesterday. If they throw in a  first as well, this deal is a no brainer for Larry and Magic gets to make his mark with an insane deal but they would get their superstar. I would not put anything past Magic in this situation, He has a player who clearly wants to be in LA and the fans would love him for the next decade.. An overpay is the only way it will happen.

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 01:24:37 PM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4

They can't trade their 2017 1st, Philly has the rights unless it's top 3, and if it is Philly has the rights to their 2018 pick.  They could only trade their 2017 1st if they hit top 3 and it's draft night.

But if they sent the 2017 pick to Indy, they wouldn't be able to convey the 2018 pick to Philly since a team can't trade consecutive first rounders. So I think that '17 pick is out of play for any new deal.

Re: Windhorst : George likely to be traded(Indy clearing roster spots?)
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 01:25:10 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Ainge is a fool if he does not pull a pick and these players for George or butler

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2017, 01:25:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lakers give up Randle, Russell and Ingram means there would be NOTHING left to build around George...don't think LA has nearly enough to give

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2017, 01:25:44 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The rumors coming out make it seem like it is getting progressively more likely as time moves towards the deadline. When nothing happens I'm going to have the worst basketball related blue balls ever.

What's the female version of blue balls? I might just burst into frustrated, inconsolable tears at my desk if nothing happens.

Lol, not sure the female version but your gif game is strong!

Hopefully neither of us ends up disappointed, regardless of what it's called.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2017, 01:25:50 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

But if they sent the 2017 pick to Indy, they wouldn't be able to convey the 2018 pick to Philly since a team can't trade consecutive first rounders. So I think that '17 pick is out of play for any new deal.

That's what I was saying, draft night deals are the only loophole because they'd technically be making the pick. 

But saltlover knows this stuff a lot better than I do so take it with a grain of salt, they may have another out I'm not thinking of.

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2017, 01:25:59 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

They can trade their 2017 1st if they keep it, or 2018 if Philly gets 2017.  Still dwarfed by the Nets pick.

No, because they got Houston's 1st this year for Williams, so they'd still make a draft pick this year.

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2017, 01:26:08 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Pacers are now said to be clearing roster spots...

Three spots for Ingram, Russell and Randle? ;)

Mike

That works in the trade checker as well..I did it yesterday. If they throw in a  first as well, this deal is a no brainer for Larry and Magic gets to make his mark with an insane deal but they would get their superstar. I would not put anything past Magic in this situation, He has a player who clearly wants to be in LA and the fans would love him for the next decade.. An overpay is the only way it will happen.

Not a chance they give up that much for PG, considering they're the favorites to get him in free agency if he stays in Indy until he opts out.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2017, 01:26:29 PM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
I wonder if the Lakers could actually be in play here. Is Randle, Ingram, and a 1st more than Danny would offer?

I don't want to get in a bidding war with the Lakers, who will probably sign him as a FA in a couple years anyway.

What are the chances that the Paul George to Boston talk is really just smoke for both sides to gain leverage on other deals? Bird to drive up what he can get from LA, and Ainge to not have to give up Brown or Crowder to get Butler?

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2017, 01:26:54 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Lakers give up Randle, Russell and Ingram means there would be NOTHING left to build around George...don't think LA has nearly enough to give

I agree with this 100%.  PG by himself, with no developing players isn't going to do much for the lakers.

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2017, 01:29:18 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

No, because they got Houston's 1st this year for Williams, so they'd still make a draft pick this year.

Ah, knew there had to be something, forgot they got that 1st. Underrated facet of the deal. TP.