Author Topic: Windhorst : George likely to be traded(Indy clearing roster spots?)  (Read 28607 times)

Re: Windhorst : George likely to be traded(Indy clearing roster spots?)
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2017, 02:51:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
https://twitter.com/xOrtiz4x/status/834841063122681864

Sources: Pacers asking for 3 of 4 from group of Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart, and Jaylen Brown + 2017 Nets pick for Paul George.

OUCH!
i would have a problem giving that much for 20 year old Michael Jordan

This is why the Celtics can't get a trade done. They way overvalue their picks/players

i don't think he's front office

No it just goes to show how much the Celtics overvalue our players. Bradley is a solid starter probably a 6th man on a championship team, Jae Crowder is a solid starting SF on a playoff team, but not Championship squad, Smart at best has shown he's a solid starter, but not a world beater.
Ainge overvalues his assets and will sit on it until the illusion of the right deal comes around. If he doesn't hit on some of these draft picks he will be on the hot seat, and very soon. I don't understand how he's willing to send 4 first rounders for Justice Winslow, but won't make a big offer for PG.

I mean for lord's sake he didn't make a move for Ibaka because ROZIER was involved. The same inconsistent perennial backup that can guard a paraplegic. It's just a consistent overvaluing of his players that's stopping us from making legit deals.

If he doesn't hit on some of these draft picks he will be on the hot seat, and very soon

Do you long for the days of Chris Wallace or Rick Pitino, giving up promising rookies (Joe Johnson, Chauncey Billips), for short term fixes like Tony Delp, Rodney Rogers and Kenny Anderson?

I prefer to trade only if it makes sense. None of the trade proposals make sense.  Danny is certainly not afraid to pull the trigger, he has probably made more trades than any other GM during his tenure, so I think your criticism is unwarranted.

« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2017, 02:51:46 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Scratch PG off the list. And I hope Danny stops chasing unicorns this summer.

Boston will be lucky lucky to even get a guy like Heyward

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2017, 02:53:23 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
The C's are building through the draft. If you have to trade half your team for one guy what good does that do you? That's the world these super teams have created unfortunately.

« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2017, 02:54:03 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
What are the Bulls doing? How are they sending any signal to Butler they plan on winning?

« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2017, 02:55:11 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The C's are building through the draft. If you have to trade half your team for one guy what good does that do you? That's the world these super teams have created unfortunately.

And that is fine...as long as Ainge doesn't F up the draft picks..

« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2017, 02:57:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Building through the draft is fine if the goal is sustained success.

The Celts are in a really good position to win 45+ games for the next decade without making any major moves right now.

Question is, if the goal is to go for 60 wins and a Finals appearance, how do they get there?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2017, 02:58:07 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

Nowadays, GMs wouldn't flirt with trading you their #1 guy without them realizing that that player isn't really a number 1 guy to begin with. Staying pat is perfectly fine, let's try to redo what OKC did but this time have keep the flexibility that will allow us retain Smart, Brown, Fultz/Jackson/etc. and Ayton/Doncic/etc. We give ourselves more chances at acquiring pseudo superstars like PG13 or actual superstars that way

The CBA incentivizes drafting your franchise guy, and just look around at how many teams want first round picks in this draft.

« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2017, 02:58:13 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!

And that is fine...as long as Ainge doesn't F up the draft picks..

We shall see how good of drafter he truly is

« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2017, 02:58:42 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

No idea. That deal doesn't help them at all.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2017, 02:59:01 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

The Celts are in a really good position to win 45+ games for the next decade without making any major moves right now.

Question is, if the goal is to go for 60 wins and a Finals appearance, how do they get there?

Pray one of these picks pan out.

« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2017, 03:00:05 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Woj: Indiana has passed on trade offers for Paul George and All-Star forward will remain with the Pacers, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Looks like LArry will be waiting until the draft to revisit..

Dangerous game. Don't see a top-2 pick being in play for Bird with George having just one year left on his contract. Everyone knows he isn't staying there, so there goes all of their leverage.

Lakers could have a guaranteed top 3 pick after the lottery. He may want to at least see if that is on the table (and see where the Nets pick actually ends up)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2017, 03:00:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yeah, I think that's basically where we are at, unless one of these stars ends up becoming available for a bargain price.

The biggest surprise for me is that Cousins was available for a bargain price, he's objectively a superstar, and yet Ainge declined to go after him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Yeah, I think that's basically where we are at, unless one of these stars ends up becoming available for a bargain price.

The biggest surprise for me is that Cousins was available for a bargain price, he's objectively a superstar, and yet Ainge declined to go after him.
Between Ainge, Stevens, and Isaiah Thomas, I'm sure they know more than we do about Cousins.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2017, 03:02:36 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Woj: Indiana has passed on trade offers for Paul George and All-Star forward will remain with the Pacers, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Looks like LArry will be waiting until the draft to revisit..

Dangerous game. Don't see a top-2 pick being in play for Bird with George having just one year left on his contract. Everyone knows he isn't staying there, so there goes all of their leverage.

Lakers could have a guaranteed top 3 pick after the lottery. He may want to at least see if that is on the table (and see where the Nets pick actually ends up)

Still very dangerous game. Danny could very well fall in love with a player and decide to keep it - same with LA.

« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2017, 03:02:39 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Is it finally over?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.