Author Topic: SportsCenter Galinari to Boston (Rumor)  (Read 7014 times)

Re: SportsCenter Galinari to Boston (Rumor)
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 01:02:02 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I would be happy with Gallo for the Clippers first to replace Jerebko's minutes. In terms of value I think Gallo for a late first is a good get.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 01:03:17 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Yea because we couldn't uses a 17/4 28 year old to spread the floor ::). Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. is wrong with u people?

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 01:05:39 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
If true, it's a precursor to a bigger deal, IMO.

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 01:05:41 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Gallo in?  Crowder out for George?

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 01:06:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I would be happy with Gallo for the Clippers first to replace Jerebko's minutes. In terms of value I think Gallo for a late first is a good get.
Jerebko averaged 13 mpg this month with Bradley out, so spending any assets to upgrade his spot in the rotation seems like a categorical waste.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

Isn't Gallo vs. Jerebko a wash?

Gallo is more injury prone but is better shooter whereas Jerebko is less injury prone and ok shooter.

Why would DA give up anything of value to get something that he already has in JJ??? I'd much rather roll the dice with JJ and know that he's much more reliable that giving up an asset for Gallo.

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Jerebko averaged 13 mpg this month with Bradley out, so spending any assets to upgrade his spot in the rotation seems like a categorical waste.

This. Plus factor in injury history with Gallo!! Stay away from Gallo Danny.

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 01:10:03 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Gallo is far more advanced offensively than Jerebko. Check out his free throw rate.

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 01:16:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Gallo is fine but he wouldn't help on the boards or with defense.

I'm cool with it if the cost isn't high.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 01:17:50 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Yea because we couldn't uses a 17/4 28 year old to spread the floor ::). **** is wrong with u people?

We already have a 5/1 29 year old doing that. Why spend a bunch of assets for a marginal upgrade? No one is saying that they'd rather have Young or Mickey than Galinari, but at the price it would take to get him, why do it? He doesn't fill a need or figure into our long term plans

Better off just making a minor trade for JaMychel Green to give improved rebounding from Jerebko's spot in the rotation
I'm bitter.

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 01:20:23 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yea because we couldn't uses a 17/4 28 year old to spread the floor ::). **** is wrong with u people?
We tend to understand how a NBA team's rotation works...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 01:20:25 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

We already have a 5/1 29 year old doing that. Why spend a bunch of assets for a marginal upgrade? No one is saying that they'd rather have Young or Mickey than Galinari, but at the price it would take to get him, why do it? He doesn't fill a need or figure into our long term plans

Better off just making a minor trade for JaMychel Green to give improved rebounding from Jerebko's spot in the rotation

The price shouldn't be that high - Denver will probably lose him anyway at the end of the year.

Gallo is a legit scorer, much better than Jerebko. If we head into the playoffs without another scorer, people will carp about our lack of offensive weapons, like they did last year when teams keyed on IT.

With Gallo, Horford, Crowder, Bradley and IT out there, that is much less likely to happen, IMO.

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 01:21:58 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Gallo is a weapon on the wing and we could use one, that's partly why we're pushing so hard for Butler/George. If - IF - it's cheap, he'd be worth a rental and a shot at signing him to a favorable deal in the offseason.

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 01:28:28 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Yeah, but James Young and Gerald Green have both been playing minutes lately too, which should be pushed down to 0 when the playoffs start.  Gallo takes all of their minutes in the playoffs (and Jaylen's should probably be reduced at that point too).

I'm with foulweatherfan, where I like him and think there are minutes available for him as a rental, but I don't think he's not work giving up much for.  I'd give up a max of one first round pick protected to ensure its in the 21-30 range or turns into two future seconds.  That might even be an overpay, but heck we've got a lot of draft picks and young players and players stashed overseas so we can afford to give something up if management really likes him.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 01:31:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Isn't Gallo vs. Jerebko a wash?

Gallo is more injury prone but is better shooter whereas Jerebko is less injury prone and ok shooter.

Why would DA give up anything of value to get something that he already has in JJ??? I'd much rather roll the dice with JJ and know that he's much more reliable that giving up an asset for Gallo.

A wash? Look, I like JJ, but Gallo infinitely better scorer.   Just injury prone, which has reduced his productivity.  He is a solid player, very long (6'10") and can really score in stretches.  Also if healthy has moves to the hole.