Author Topic: SportsCenter Galinari to Boston (Rumor)  (Read 7021 times)

Re: SportsCenter Galinari to Boston (Rumor)
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 01:36:38 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I would be happy with Gallo for the Clippers first to replace Jerebko's minutes. In terms of value I think Gallo for a late first is a good get.

Isn't Gallo vs. Jerebko a wash?

Gallo is more injury prone but is better shooter whereas Jerebko is less injury prone and ok shooter.

Why would DA give up anything of value to get something that he already has in JJ??? I'd much rather roll the dice with JJ and know that he's much more reliable that giving up an asset for Gallo.

A wash? Look, I like JJ, but Gallo infinitely better scorer.   Just injury prone, which has reduced his productivity.  He is a solid player, very long (6'10") and can really score in stretches.  Also if healthy has moves to the hole.

My one and only argument - IF Healthy. I'd take reliability over health risk any day of the week including HumpDay!

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 01:41:52 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
If getting George or Butler means giving up 3 of Crowder, Smart, Brown, nets 2017 then I'd rather not.
Getting Gallo with out giving up any of these is a better option. Adds to the team and leeps our core together with out mortgaging our future.

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 01:59:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I would be happy with Gallo for the Clippers first to replace Jerebko's minutes. In terms of value I think Gallo for a late first is a good get.
Jerebko averaged 13 mpg this month with Bradley out, so spending any assets to upgrade his spot in the rotation seems like a categorical waste.
Yeah, but James Young and Gerald Green have both been playing minutes lately too, which should be pushed down to 0 when the playoffs start.  Gallo takes all of their minutes in the playoffs (and Jaylen's should probably be reduced at that point too).

I'm with foulweatherfan, where I like him and think there are minutes available for him as a rental, but I don't think he's not work giving up much for.  I'd give up a max of one first round pick protected to ensure its in the 21-30 range or turns into two future seconds.  That might even be an overpay, but heck we've got a lot of draft picks and young players and players stashed overseas so we can afford to give something up if management really likes him.
That wasn't what I was addressing. But to your point, Green and Young mostly played because Bradley was out. Otherwise, they're solidly out of the rotation.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 02:50:18 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Plan b time