Author Topic: Woj update . cs and Indy  (Read 19619 times)

Re: Woj update . cs and Indy
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2017, 12:39:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Here comes the desperation to get something done and overpayment because of it which is nothing new when it comes to Danny Ainge.  Yea, the man is a real genius  ::)

If it wasn't for Ainge's genius, we wouldn't have any Nets picks to offer and we wouldn't be the 2 seed in the east at the moment. Nobody would be picking up our calls for players like George and Butler.

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2017, 12:41:06 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Here comes the desperation to get something done and overpayment because of it which is nothing new when it comes to Danny Ainge.  Yea, the man is a real genius  ::)

When did he overpay?   Or are we talking about the other teams?

The only recent example was offering four #1s for Charlotte's pick. Danny admitted he offered too much.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2017, 12:47:38 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
If we somehow picked up George and didn't trade Crowder, does Jaylen Brown move to the 2? I think I read that PG doesn't want to play the 4.

Mike

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2017, 12:47:38 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

If it wasn't for Ainge's genius, we wouldn't have any Nets picks to offer and we wouldn't be the 2 seed in the east at the moment. Nobody would be picking up our calls for players like George and Butler.

Also would not have stolen IT4 from the Suns (a trade which, if I remember correctly, was not loved by the Ainge haters around here). Or got an unknown Crowder in the Rondo trade (another trade that was not met with much approval from the resident Ainge haters).

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2017, 12:48:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

Also would not have stolen IT4 from the Suns (a trade which, if I remember correctly, was not loved by the Ainge haters around here). Or got an unknown Crowder in the Rondo trade (another trade that was not met with much approval from the resident Ainge haters).

Exactly.

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2017, 12:53:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Brown and nets 1st for a short term

Is quite a bit to give up

PG13 could leave after next season

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2017, 12:53:25 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
Woj now reporting Bogut wants to be bought out, reroute unlikely.

Mike

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2017, 01:14:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

The only recent example was offering four #1s for Charlotte's pick. Danny admitted he offered too much.
That is the recent example, but Ainge has had quite a few trades that did not go well during his tenure.  Walker for LaFrentz, Telfair trade, trading up for Banks, etc.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2017, 01:18:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Brian WindhorstVerified account‏@WindhorstESPN  1m1 minute ago
More
 Pacers involved in talks with teams potentially to clear roster spots, sources say. Teams suspect might be related to Celtics talks

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2017, 01:40:29 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown

That is the recent example, but Ainge has had quite a few trades that did not go well during his tenure.  Walker for LaFrentz, Telfair trade, trading up for Banks, etc.

The Telfair trade was Ainge moving the #7 pick because he wanted Rondo and knew he could be had later in the draft - he was right. He also dumped Lafrentz' contract in this deal and acquired Theo Ratliff. If you remember, both Ratliff and Telfair were included in the trade for KG so it's hard to argue against this one.

The Lafrentz trade was Danny moving a lazy, washed up, unmotivated player, for an injured stiff - end result is a wash.

The Banks trade, many have theorized that Danny was not involved in this since he was hired about 10 minutes before the draft. Also, Troy Bell and Dahntay Jones for Banks and Perk didn't turn out so bad since Perk was the starting 5 on a championship team.

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2017, 01:42:31 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
i'm going to take a long shower, i expect PG in Celtics colors afterwards
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2017, 01:48:05 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
So who is taking bets on this not going down? I have a bad feeling about it.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2017, 01:51:31 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
if this goes down, i cant wait to here the non celtics fans complain about how ainge can only do a big trade if his friends are involved(mchale, bird)

I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2017, 01:52:25 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
So who is taking bets on this not going down? I have a bad feeling about it.

I was optimistic last night, but I'm getting the feeling that we end walking away from these mega deals and getting Melo on the cheap instead. Last week, I would have rather killed myself than add Melo to this team, but I'm starting to think he's the best option if he can be had for a bargain basement deal.

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2017, 01:52:25 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
A little over an hour ;D