Poll

How would you feel if Bird passed PG13 to Magic?

Larry is Pacers GM, he should do what he feels it is best for the team.
31 (77.5%)
I don't want PG13 ATM, we will have better options down the road.
2 (5%)
Larry would never do it to us! Green runs deep.
1 (2.5%)
Betrayal.
5 (12.5%)
It is just another NBA conspiracy.
1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: How would you feel if Bird passed PG13 to Magic?  (Read 2574 times)

Re: How would you feel if Bird passed PG13 to Magic?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 10:51:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Wouldn't make a lot of sense imo.  George isn't on the Lakers' timeline.

By the time the lakers get to  serious contender  PG is gonna be 30 plus.

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
It is reported that George will only sign long term with the Lakers or the Pacers.

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
It is reported that George will only sign long term with the Lakers or the Pacers.

That was reported by some nobody named Chris Haynes from ESPN....He's basically unknown.Not sure why anybody would take that seriously.

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 10:55:56 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

No, he will only commit now to signing long term with the Lakers or Pacers.  That doesn't mean that he wouldn't sign here long term after a year of playing with IT and Horford (especially if a superax is on the table), although it may make it less likely that we trade for him (I can't see Danny giving up a lot without at least a verbal agreement from George)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 10:58:46 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
It is PG's choice. He wants to play for the Lakers then let him. We should not give up much for a rental. Looks like Butler is becoming the only star with a chance. Build through Draft add a few vets to win First round  and Learn how to win.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 11:03:53 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

This sort of talk is almost always posturing anyway.  Either PG's representatives signaling that he doesn't want to be moved or the Celtics trying to get Indiana to drop their price.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 11:06:18 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Wouldn't make a lot of sense imo.  George isn't on the Lakers' timeline.

Agreed and I'll add that I really haven't read anything substantive to support that the lakers are actually trying to acquire him.  This just seems like the media's obsession with the lakers being relevant and riding the wave of the Magic hiring to pep up the fans of the league's cash cow.

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 11:07:11 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

tell him to talk to PP and see what's the better organization - LA or Boston?

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 11:12:18 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82
Paul George is way overrated.

Skill wise he is an enormous talent to put up points.I see him as cog in a winning team , but more like a better version of Paul Milsap .....but he is not the Emotional leader of a team .  A leader , but in play , not so much in charge on court .  He is more of a follower than leader.

So far I've not seen him have that drive the great ones have to win .   Like Kobe , KG , MJ

I like Butlers spirit and relentless drive for playoff situation.  I like Browns winning instincts .

I think personality, temperament, and most-important character is what drives Ainge/Stevens when it comes to who they want to acquire and draft.  From IT to Horford to Avery to Jaylen Brown look at all these guys.  They're high-character guys, coachable guys. 

I think this is the reason why Ainge would give up part of the warchest for Paul George but not so much for Butler, and definitely not for Cousins.

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 11:13:12 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
It would be a betrayal IMO. I mean c'mon. Do a solid. Unless Ainge is not offering up one of the Brooklyn picks, I don't see how Bird would do a deal with the Lakers. Would be disappointed in him. He is a Celtic, and that is how everyone sees him.

I think Herb Simon would be very surprised to find out that he's been paying a Celtic millions of dollars per year to run the Pacers. As the current President of another team, Bird owes absolutely nothing to the Celtics.

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 11:13:49 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

No, he will only commit now to signing long term with the Lakers or Pacers.  That doesn't mean that he wouldn't sign here long term after a year of playing with IT and Horford (especially if a superax is on the table), although it may make it less likely that we trade for him (I can't see Danny giving up a lot without at least a verbal agreement from George)

How do we know the report is true....? It's not like it's from Woj, Stein, Bulpett, Aldridge, or Mannix. I feel like this is coming from the Lakers side. Hasn't this happened historically? Melo wants to go to the Lakers, Westbrook, Love, etc...

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 11:18:50 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

This sort of talk is almost always posturing anyway.  Either PG's representatives signaling that he doesn't want to be moved or the Celtics trying to get Indiana to drop their price.
TP.
I'd be disappointed if Larry gave him away to anyone, especially L.A. If we get out bid then that is on us.
I believe that Magics strategy is to immediately land a star player. That way he would imply:
- He can executte what he envisions. Is capable.
- The team is not that far away. It is easier to bring the 2nd star after the first one. Talent has a gravity of its own. Examples: Bos 2007, Mia 2011, GSW 2016
- Lakers are re-establishing their shine. Always helpful.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."