Author Topic: magic-is hard work  (Read 1440 times)

magic-is hard work
« on: February 23, 2017, 08:23:05 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
the draw of LA is huge but without free agent vets and the right coach, the LA enviornment can infect its players again with air of entitlement" i'm a future star"
-i think marcus showed them tough
they were entitled aau players,to 1 year entitled college players to high draft choices and part of the kobe circus-
magic johnson has to bring in a crowder,an avery a smart and draft a brown
brown worked out with butler,-brown didn't go to the dunk contest but stayed  home to get better-a lesson maybe from greens experience perhaps

i was surprised at nance when he joined the celebration after the 3's by young
-the coach should have called time out and benched young -can you believe he is 31
nick young is now on trading block

Re: magic-is hard work
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 09:24:29 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
the draw of LA is huge but without free agent vets and the right coach, the LA enviornment can infect its players again with air of entitlement" i'm a future star"
-i think marcus showed them tough
they were entitled aau players,to 1 year entitled college players to high draft choices and part of the kobe circus-
magic johnson has to bring in a crowder,an avery a smart and draft a brown
brown worked out with butler,-brown didn't go to the dunk contest but stayed  home to get better-a lesson maybe from greens experience perhaps

i was surprised at nance when he joined the celebration after the 3's by young
-the coach should have called time out and benched young -can you believe he is 31
nick young is now on trading block

Rollie, who do you like in the draft?

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 11:20:04 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
fultz over lonzo-don't like balls mid range game of low release on 3's--but thats way down the road and then they have the workouts
lonzo has elite passing skills but wil get knocked off his feet trying to get over screens-rj was skinny enough for me
then again look at pistol pete
fultz is just so fluid-lonzo is a tough call for

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 04:54:47 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Thank God for a Rollie thread in the sea of madness.

There was just no way to make a trade. Noel is the only one I was thinking of the last couple months, but Danny must not have seen him as a great option with his contract running out. He was perhaps too risky, even if considerably less so than going for Cousins.

I never understood the push for divas like Butler, George and Melo. We have their positions filled.

The Lakers have a long journey ahead of them. Rollie is correct they have no backbone like we do.

Nothing matches Smart and Crowder for toughness up the middle.

Maybe Danny didn't push hard to make a deal because Amir seems rejuvenated. This is a bridge year. Our success or lack of it for this year will depend on health and stamina.

I still think Danny might sign Sanders. He fits the Evan Turner reclamation project idea.

The problem with trading the Nets' pick has always been that it could end up as #4 instead of #1.

It is not a scratch ticket. The odds are great we get the #1 compared to those. It wasn't a good pick either for teams maybe accepting it in trades because of the uncertainty in value.

Once the lottery arrives, the pick's value will be pinned down substantially. College players will have played more. I am going to speculate that there will be good reason to trade speculate once the lottery takes place.

There will be no guarantee even then that Danny attempts fireworks. Going slow and steady has always been one of the top options. We could end up just adding a phenom guard and he replaces Rozier or another trade happens to make room in the guard rotation.

The team will definitely change quite a bit for next year no matter what.

Washburn made it seem we will not go after Sanders, but I'm not so sure.

There are so many toxic bloggers on this forum. They want Danny's scalp. Leading the charge is the head moderator. I will remember this next year if I still participate here. I will force myself to avoid this joint for the whole crazy season week.

I respect this team. I'm green goggled like Wyc and think we can still go far with no changes. Although I see no reason not to give Sanders a chance. It'd be so nice to have a legit shot blocker. Horford has been better than expected for that, but he doesn't seem even as good as a healthy Amir for center defense. So I will pray for Amir Johnson. That's my plan moving forward for this season.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:02:13 PM by CelticPride2016 »

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 05:09:11 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
If, if, if ....

Smart, Olynyk and Brown are on top of their games for the playoffs

Amir and Horford are healthy and competitive

Playoff I.T. equals regular season I.T.

Crowder and Bradley perform

That's eight guys. We have decent players behind them as next guys up.

We could definitely make a deep playoff run.

The whiners are hoping we get pounded tomorrow night in Toronto.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 04:23:35 AM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
Regulars are already walking back from their excessive, pointless chatter that was completely wrong and useless. Now they are discussing the pessimistic nature of the Boston fan. I think this forum is getting gamed, but it's great news for Celtics Blog and their traffic. Although it's alienating to the thoughtful people.