Author Topic: Woj and mannix Facebook live  (Read 4169 times)

Woj and mannix Facebook live
« on: February 22, 2017, 10:21:11 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Re: Woj and mannix Facebook live
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 10:36:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Woj talking again about how he feels picking a point guard could be a chemistry disaster.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 11:27:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Woj talking again about how he feels picking a point guard could be a chemistry disaster.

Code for: I really want you to feel that they have urgency to make a deal in the next XX hours guys!
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 12:31:48 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
1 hour?  To hear 4 guys make mediocre jokes and speak about things that most knowledgeable basketball fans can sort out themselves?  Any worthwhile cliff notes?  I appreciate the effort and the thread though, rondohondo, (TP) just personally am finding it hard to commit the hour to listening to.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 01:07:57 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
[/quote.

It's such a dumb point. You move Bradley and the problem is solved.

Thomas
 Smart
 Fultz with Rozier the fourth guard is great.

Same as Ball. No big deal.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 02:30:16 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

Meh. Ball could slide right in next to IT or Smart with his passing ability and longer wingspan.

Core: IT / Smart / Crowder / Horford / Brown / Ball
Chips: Bradley, Rozier, KO, Zizic, Yabusele, DJax, max $$$, future picks

Looks pretty good to me, especially if Brown can play some SF. Not too worried about Bradley (expiring) or Rozier (our 5th best guard?) at that point.

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 02:38:25 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I have a feeling that Woj doesn't like Boston or the fact that Danny doesn't want to leak any info to him.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 06:25:08 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

He's right.

I've been saying it for about 2 months now.  \

Does anybody remember the chemistry issues that occurred when we had Olynyk, Jerebko, Sully and Lee all trying to fight for PF minutes?  Yeah, that didn't go too well.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 07:02:09 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

He's right.

Does anybody remember the chemistry issues that occurred when we had Olynyk, Jerebko, Sully and Lee all trying to fight for PF minutes?  Yeah, that didn't go too well.

That's 4 players fighting for 1 position. Thomas, Bradley, Smart, Rozier.. that's 4 between 2 position. Just drop either Smart/Bradley for Fultz (or Smart/Bradley+Rozier for Fultz) and it wont be any different.

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 07:47:52 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Meh. Ball could slide right in next to IT or Smart with his passing ability and longer wingspan.

Core: IT / Smart / Crowder / Horford / Brown / Ball
Chips: Bradley, Rozier, KO, Zizic, Yabusele, DJax, max $$$, future picks

Looks pretty good to me, especially if Brown can play some SF. Not too worried about Bradley (expiring) or Rozier (our 5th best guard?) at that point.

People need to stop talking about Ball's "length." Sure the kid is tall at 6'6, but his wingspan is very far from elite. I have seen it measured at 6'7, but lets call it 6'8 just to pump him up a bit. A +2 wingspan is actually a hinderance.

Just for arguments sake, Fultz at 6'4 has a 6'10 wingspan.

So when people talk about Ball's fit, wingspan isn't one of the things we should talk about. We would need long defenders to help cover for him.
#JKJB

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 07:52:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

He's right.

We are more likely drafting Tatum or Jackson so it's not really an issue.

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 07:59:14 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
It's smart of Danny to have options but at some point he's gotta make a decision on a plan and stick with it.  This treading water every year and overpaying aging players to appease fans and still getting no where is gonna wear thin

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 08:01:49 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

He's right.

We are more likely drafting Tatum or Jackson so it's not really an issue.
Do you mean were the C's should draft one of those guys in the top 2 or do you just think they'll end up with the 3rd or 4th pick?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008