Author Topic: Jimmy Butler held out of practice today  (Read 8848 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler held out of practice today
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 06:23:25 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'm not too supportive of a butler trade, the bulls fo is like their fans (both nets picks+crowder or nothing), that's a massive overpay. What triggers me though is that bulls fans insult guys like no other organization's fans except for the cavs and warriors bandwagons

I haven't heard this.  Reports I've heard suggested they wanted one nets pick and Crowder OR both Nets picks.

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 07:55:48 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
Rumor has it that the Celtics asked UW and UCLA to hold Fultz and Ball out of practice, as well. Just in case.

Mike

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 08:03:28 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/834624895837413378?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Should've put "currently" in there since everyone I talked to today fully expects Celtics & Bulls to have dialogue between now and deadline.

Seems like everyone expects to things to get serious tomorrow with Danny actually pushing for a trade at the 11th hour, though that doesn't necessarily mean things get done. I expect plenty of action all day tomorrow, but if something happens it probably doesn't happen until the last hour or so when one of the two parties finally blinks and makes a concession.

To be honest, I expect nothing at all.

At least nothing worth mentioning.  No fireworks.  Maybe a couple of discount sparklers. More likely just a lone candle.

Maybe we do something like Tucker or Bogut for a pick and a scrap.  Typical Danny Ainge deadline deal.

I'd love to be proven wrong...but I doubt I will be.  Danny overvalues his assets too much, and I don't see a team like Chicago or Indiana moving much on the superstar players they are selling.

Maybe Melo, Knicks could be pretty desperate...I wouldn't hate it.

But more likely, nobody starting caliber.
Well, other teams overvalue their players too much as well so I think it evens out
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 08:05:58 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'm not too supportive of a butler trade, the bulls fo is like their fans (both nets picks+crowder or nothing), that's a massive overpay. What triggers me though is that bulls fans insult guys like no other organization's fans except for the cavs and warriors bandwagons

I haven't heard this.  Reports I've heard suggested they wanted one nets pick and Crowder OR both Nets picks.
Hm...I'm pretty sure former reports before the cousins trade suggested the bulls wanted both nets picks and crowder. I could be very well wrong but one nets pick and crowder is too steep because of many rehashed reasons
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:11:43 AM by Somebody »
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 08:08:37 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Most of the GMs are scared of Danny.
Plus, the Nets pick doesn't have is full potential value right now.
When we'll make a run in the playoffs, some of our players will be valued more.
When we'll get #1 or #2 at the lottery, everybody will want the pick, but it will be too late. Danny will draft someone.
I expect no star player traded to Boston today.

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 04:34:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Pretty fascinating they kept that entire team together in the backcourt. rondo, mcw, butler and rondo?

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 04:40:31 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Pretty fascinating they kept that entire team together in the backcourt. rondo, mcw, butler and rondo?

...and don't forget Rondo (I know you meant Wade for one of the Rondos  :P)

But, yeah, they must be feeling pretty good about themselves for being so stubborn. I can see why they kept Butler - whatev - but there was no way to acquire any picks/young players for anybody else on their roster. People can be bummed about us not acquiring a star (I am not because of the astronomical prices out there), but Chicago fans can't be feeling too great about their future. Even their pick this year is looking just average.