Author Topic: Jimmy Butler held out of practice today  (Read 8857 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler held out of practice today
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 09:13:42 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Technically, I think it's traditional for the All Star players to be excused and not practice around this time the first practice back, such as Melo doing the same thing yesterday.

That being said, I'm pretty sure that I saw that Paul George practiced today...

So you are saying the Cs have traded for Melo and Butler, but not George??!!

Weren't you reading? We're getting Lebron+Melo!

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 09:14:47 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Honestly, if Ainge won't give up the 2017 Nets Pick now, and say it lands #1 or #2, I fail to see Ainge giving that up at all in the summer unless the other team agreed to only take the 2017 Nets Pick + Just Bradley and some low salary filler/low assets.

If the price is that right now, Ainge should be making the trade. But it's obviously not.

But in the summer it gets interesting because then PG13 is an expiring. Butler down to 2 years left.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 09:34:30 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Butler resting his sore elbow---where Marcus Smart "Hit" him.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 09:40:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

TP

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 09:51:33 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
We're talking about practice?

The Mavericks held Deron Williams and Andrew Bogut, two trade candidates, out of practice on Wednesday, according to ESPN's Tim MacMahon.

I should have said;

We're talking about practice??

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 09:55:11 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Honestly, if Ainge won't give up the 2017 Nets Pick now, and say it lands #1 or #2, I fail to see Ainge giving that up at all in the summer unless the other team agreed to only take the 2017 Nets Pick + Just Bradley and some low salary filler/low assets.

If the price is that right now, Ainge should be making the trade. But it's obviously not.

But in the summer it gets interesting because then PG13 is an expiring. Butler down to 2 years left.

This is a really good point, it's not all or nothing and who knows what other opportunities will present themselves. I guess this is why Danny is so patient relative to the rest of us.

I agree with you that if we end up with #1 or #2, the value of that pick on draft day will be massive. In fact I could see, depending on how Jackson/Tatum shake out, that #3/#4 pick being worth a star in and of itself.

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 10:53:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Tiny violin s playing in the background for Jimmies boo boo.

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 11:18:37 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The Bulls want that Nets17 pick badly--for one of those PGs. We'll see how badly.

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 11:47:16 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

This is a really good point, it's not all or nothing and who knows what other opportunities will present themselves. I guess this is why Danny is so patient relative to the rest of us.

I agree with you that if we end up with #1 or #2, the value of that pick on draft day will be massive. In fact I could see, depending on how Jackson/Tatum shake out, that #3/#4 pick being worth a star in and of itself.

Ive also thought of scenarios where we get the #1/2 and Philly being hyper motivated to get a stud PG. Maybe they would swap with us and send Noel too?

I love this draft 5-10 also...Monk, Markkannen, Tatum should be there at the Philly spot. Philly adding a stud pg to go along with embiid and simmons would rival any young core in the league. And wed be right there with a young core that actually wins now

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 12:57:30 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/834624895837413378?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Should've put "currently" in there since everyone I talked to today fully expects Celtics & Bulls to have dialogue between now and deadline.

Seems like everyone expects to things to get serious tomorrow with Danny actually pushing for a trade at the 11th hour, though that doesn't necessarily mean things get done. I expect plenty of action all day tomorrow, but if something happens it probably doesn't happen until the last hour or so when one of the two parties finally blinks and makes a concession.

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 03:17:17 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
The right statement for all of this is cost effectiveness and Jimmy Butler provides that in his contract, common' you can't sign every body, that's why Danny doesn't want to include Crowder, you got both expiring in 2020, and that's a leverage Danny can't miss.

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 04:08:20 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
At least "being held out of practice" seems more significant than "smiling emojis" as a possible sign.

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 05:01:49 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'm not too supportive of a butler trade, the bulls fo is like their fans (both nets picks+crowder or nothing), that's a massive overpay. What triggers me though is that bulls fans insult guys like no other organization's fans except for the cavs and warriors bandwagons
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 05:33:29 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
TP :D i'm still p---ed about that one
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 06:21:56 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/834624895837413378?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Should've put "currently" in there since everyone I talked to today fully expects Celtics & Bulls to have dialogue between now and deadline.

Seems like everyone expects to things to get serious tomorrow with Danny actually pushing for a trade at the 11th hour, though that doesn't necessarily mean things get done. I expect plenty of action all day tomorrow, but if something happens it probably doesn't happen until the last hour or so when one of the two parties finally blinks and makes a concession.

To be honest, I expect nothing at all.

At least nothing worth mentioning.  No fireworks.  Maybe a couple of discount sparklers. More likely just a lone candle.

Maybe we do something like Tucker or Bogut for a pick and a scrap.  Typical Danny Ainge deadline deal.

I'd love to be proven wrong...but I doubt I will be.  Danny overvalues his assets too much, and I don't see a team like Chicago or Indiana moving much on the superstar players they are selling.

Maybe Melo, Knicks could be pretty desperate...I wouldn't hate it.

But more likely, nobody starting caliber.