Author Topic: Report: Splitter + seconds for Ilyasova  (Read 5490 times)

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Sixers are finalizing a trade to Ersan Ilyasova to Atlanta for Tiago Splitter and two second-round picks, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Oh boy, sounds like Noel and Okafor might be on the move. Splitter is backup insurance for those centers being gone and Embiid being out.

I'm thinking it's more a sign that they think Simmons is gonna play soon (and if they get the Nets 2nd rounder, then it's just a good deal)

I think it's Miami's 2nd.

I originally thought Splitter had another year on his contract, but since he doesn't it just seems like them getting an extra second and opening up more playing time as you suggest.

Re: Report: Splitter + seconds for Ilyasova
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 09:39:37 PM »

Offline BoulderMike

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
sixers doing a trade tomorrow and need the roster spot (splitter to be waived)

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 09:40:07 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Colangelo is doing a good job channeling Hinkie.  He got a top 20 protected 1st to acquire Ersan and now, a half season later, has gotten a 2nd rounder and 2nd round swap to get rid of him.  No reason to keep him since they weren't going to resign him.  Splitter is out injured so he won't be playing and his salary is apparently covered by insurance.  The freed up playing time will go to Simmons and their other young bigs. 

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 09:41:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Sounds like it is not the nets pick. A bunch of tweets on liberty ballers that are hard to get pasted in the phone, but seems like a mid 2nd. Also says they will keep splitter as veteran mentor (though he may not be able to play). Again another trade that really doesn't move the needle.

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 10:00:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
It is a swap of 2nd rounders with Philly getting the Miami pick from Atlanta and Atlanta getting the Golden State pick from Philly.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 10:03:14 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
It is a swap of 2nd rounders with Philly getting the Miami pick from Atlanta and Atlanta getting the Golden State pick from Philly.
Philly gets the Miami 2nd rounder and the right to swap the GSW 2nd rounder for the Hawks 2nd rounder. 

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 10:03:28 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

But even the Miami pick is protected in the second round. Pick protections have gotten ridiculous

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 10:11:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

My understanding is that Philly gets the Miami 2nd rounder (this year or next, depending when it conveys), and is also swapping the Golden State 2nd for Atlanta's own second (so moving up 5-10 spots at the end of the second.)

EDIT: Tazz beat me to it while the site timed out on me.  Good job Tazz.

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 10:14:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

My understanding is that Philly gets the Miami 2nd rounder (this year or next, depending when it conveys), and is also swapping the Golden State 2nd for Atlanta's own second (so moving up 5-10 spots at the end of the second.)

Can you believe we have a 2 page thread on this?

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 10:24:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Can you believe we have a 2 page thread on this?

Yes, but to be fair, they're merged threads.

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 11:41:42 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Atlanta only gets better with this move.  Too bad for Philly, he fit in really well there
Yeah, he did fit in well there, but he was about to odd man out with Simmons returning.  There wouldn't be many minutes left for him with Simmons, Saric, and Covington getting the lion's share of minutes at the two forward spots.  And that's assuming that Noel and Okafor aren't dealt (in which case they'd need a few PF minutes too).
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 08:19:10 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
maybe the Sixers will do the Okafor for Mirotic rumored trade now.  Just needed to clear out Ilyasova so Mirotic could get some minutes.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 08:49:36 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
maybe the Sixers will do the Okafor for Mirotic rumored trade now.  Just needed to clear out Ilyasova so Mirotic could get some minutes.

I doubt it. They have Saric and Simmons, no need for Mirotic

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 08:50:33 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I doubt it. They have Saric and Simmons, no need for Mirotic

Ilyasova > Mirotic

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 08:54:16 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I wonder what the deal is with Ersan.

Is he just an unlucky role player, or is there something off about the guy?

He appears to be a valuable role player, but he bounces around the league like nobody's business.

It's more his contract than anything. He's a useful role player who doesn't really impact any specific team's goals, whether it be tanking or competing, but his contract is perfect for salary matching. Remember, he stuck around in Milwaukee for a decade (a two-year Euro stint notwithstanding). I doubt he would've not only played in Milwaukee for almost 10 years, but actually have left and then returned as a free agent if he were a toxic locker room guy.