Author Topic: Report: Splitter + seconds for Ilyasova  (Read 5523 times)

Report: Splitter + seconds for Ilyasova
« on: February 22, 2017, 07:30:27 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Sixers are finalizing a trade to Ersan Ilyasova to Atlanta for Tiago Splitter and two second-round picks, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sixers are finalizing a trade to Ersan Ilyasova to Atlanta for Tiago Splitter and two second-round picks, league sources tell @TheVertical.

That seems cheap for Atlanta.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

That seems cheap for Atlanta.
I really like Ilyasova. Would have liked to add him. He is always at the top of the league in offensive fouls drawn.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Oh boy, sounds like Noel and Okafor might be on the move. Splitter is backup insurance for those centers being gone and Embiid being out.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Oh boy, sounds like Noel and Okafor might be on the move. Splitter is backup insurance for those centers being gone and Embiid being out.

I actually thought Splitter had another year on his contract. This might be a tanking move as much as anything.

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I'm assuming the second rounders are the Brooklyn pick (which will be first in the 2nd round) and the regular Atlanta pick?
Celtics fan for life.

Re: Report: Splitter + seconds for Ilyasova
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 07:49:00 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Atlanta only gets better with this move.  Too bad for Philly, he fit in really well there

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 07:52:35 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I wonder what the deal is with Ersan.

Is he just an unlucky role player, or is there something off about the guy?

He appears to be a valuable role player, but he bounces around the league like nobody's business.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 07:54:46 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Does Philly ever gotta figure it out?? Ersan been great there and now trading him off
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I'm assuming the second rounders are the Brooklyn pick (which will be first in the 2nd round) and the regular Atlanta pick?

They also have Miami's pick.  It would be hysterical if Ersan went for pick 31.  Consider that he was salary filler when Orlando acquired Ibaka.  8 months later, Ibaka went for pick 25 -- if Ersan goes for just 6 spots later, I would laugh.  A lot.

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 08:13:24 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

He appears to be a valuable role player, but he bounces around the league like nobody's business.

He was just someone who had a contract that outstripped his on-court value.  It only had a partial guarantee, so Orlando could acquire it from Detroit when trying to clear Harris' salary last year.  Then Orlando moved him to OKC as salary filler, which was good for OKC because they could have released him if they needed to clear salary space last summer.  OKC didnt need him on-court, so he went to Philly.  And now to Atlanta, because it's the deadline and he has value as a capable vet.

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I'm thinking it's more a sign that they think Simmons is gonna play soon (and if they get the Nets 2nd rounder, then it's just a good deal)
I'm bitter.

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Is Splitter even still able to play or is he just a contract? He hasn't played in forever.

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 09:27:11 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Seems like he has a much more polished offensive game than when he first came in.  Never afraid to mix it up inside.

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 09:36:21 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Sixers tanking again. Shocker.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?