Author Topic: The rest of the league missed their sell high (to us) moments  (Read 2893 times)

Re: The rest of the league missed their sell high (to us) moments
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 01:07:34 AM »

Offline ayer

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 1065
TP!!! there's your thousand points.

I still remember Danny overpricing, giving away a lot of picks and got rejected. I believe its true also that they regret it.

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 05:26:45 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Yeah, seems like all the "crazy talk" a few seasons ago wasn't so crazy after all. Building our team while keeping the gold assets in the bank instead of giving in to the tank mentality did actually work out for us. Now we're holding some of the best assets in the league while negotiating from a position of strength.

We were pretty lucky to get there, but you always need a bit of luck when you're rebuilding, anyway.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 06:00:41 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
TP!!! there's your thousand points.

I still remember Danny overpricing, giving away a lot of picks and got rejected. I believe its true also that they regret it.

You actually have to give the TP when you type TP. lol!!

Lets try again... Here is TP number 1000 Eja.

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 03:14:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Thanks everyone.

To expand, I think we should stand pat unless the trade is a very good one.

For a guy that wants to be here and is a very good player and has years on his contract (like Butler) to me you get one older thing (Crowder/Avery) and one younger thing (pick or maybe Jaylen)

But you don't get three. I can get into 2nd rounders and stuff like that but that's it

Our players are too good to be groveling. No matter what, this is what we have coming our way. 2017 pick. 2018 Brooklyn. Another 2018 pick. Improvement from young guys (Rozier, Smart, Jaylen) a ton of money for a very good free agent, Zizic, Yab.

The idea that I'll be crushed if I don't get Butler .....I'm not buying it. We're fine