Author Topic: The rest of the league missed their sell high (to us) moments  (Read 2877 times)

The rest of the league missed their sell high (to us) moments
« on: February 22, 2017, 04:22:09 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Technically you could say it was the buy low moments.

Teams calling wanting Avery....oh yeah....shoulda done that BEFORE he looked like an all star

Calling about Jae?  Kinda an excellent starter that just missed out on 2nd team all defensive team last year

Calling about Jaylen....oooohhh yeah....he looks pretty good right now

Calling about the Brooklyn pick?  Oh yeah. Now it looks like it's probably #1 and those players look really good

Calling about Marcus Smart? Way too late. Way too late.

Calling about IT? Is the other guy named Anthony Davis?

Do we need a big? Not that bad actually. We got tons of money and two decent enough players over seas.

Are we perfect? No.  But these are the players that brought us to a good place. Would I rather have one of the supposedly better players for 3 times the price of Avery? Nope.

Our players are better than the players of other teams. That's why we're the #2 seed and they aren't.  They're players get older every day.

There is no need for Danny to make some huge move. Especially after seeing what Cousins went for.

He needs to hold the line and not get desperate. Make a trade next year if you have to.

Re: The rest of the league missed their sell high (to us) moments
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 04:24:23 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Well stated and I agree..no need to unload everything right now.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 04:30:30 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Well said Eja.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 04:30:48 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Well stated. TP.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 04:34:26 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Totally agree!

Our players are worth more than 365 days ago. Especially Smart, Crowder, IT.
As well as the BKN pick.

Stick with the team, only starter which could be traded (it would still really hurt me) is Avery Bradley, just cus we can't pay him and Isaiah next year. We shouldn miss our sell high moment ;)

So if we can do a AB + Zeller + picks (BKN '18 is fine, 17 not) for a star im on board. Otherwise keep the current team.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 04:38:13 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I would miss AB also but actually who wants him given that he has missed how many straight games with an Achilles injury? He hasn't played since so that would be a BIG GAMBLE on any team's part to accept Avery as part of the deal. Therefore his value is probably at an all time low.

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 04:39:14 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The instant gratification folks aren't gonna like this.....

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 04:41:43 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
For me looking at how the Lakers got a pick for Lou Williams I'd almost be tempted to trade Avery for a 2019 1rst and a 2018 2nd and a top 55 protected 2020.

Just get something for him and roll with Rozier and Demetrius J. ....in anticipation of....adding Lonzo Ball.

Maybe make that move after the season.

Or make a similar move with KO

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 04:43:52 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I would miss AB also but actually who wants him given that he has missed how many straight games with an Achilles injury? He hasn't played since so that would be a BIG GAMBLE on any team's part to accept Avery as part of the deal. Therefore his value is probably at an all time low.

Yeah. AB is probably the rotational player (not named Johnson or Olynyk), I'd be most comfortable parting with. He can't really play the 1 or 3 like Smart can and his departure would likely give Smart the room to grow into his own.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 04:49:20 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
With all that sad about Avery, we should't forget he was having a career year before he went down:
- 3pt % at 41%, I guess thats 2nd after Jae.
- Rebounding, at an insane rate.
- Assists
- Really improved his ball handling as well
- Made all defensive 1st team last year.

So I might have to say, before his injury he was worth a lot and still on a great cheap contract.
This all can't be gone. I have a feeling AB was ready to play before ASG, but Boston staff is extremely cautious with him which might have hurt his stock at the trade deadline.

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 04:49:37 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Totally agree!

Our players are worth more than 365 days ago. Especially Smart, Crowder, IT.
As well as the BKN pick.

Stick with the team, only starter which could be traded (it would still really hurt me) is Avery Bradley, just cus we can't pay him and Isaiah next year. We shouldn miss our sell high moment ;)

So if we can do a AB + Zeller + picks (BKN '18 is fine, 17 not) for a star im on board. Otherwise keep the current team.

It's almost like sitting on your assets is sometimes a good thing.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 05:45:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am more than happy to roll with our current group for the rest of the season and explore an AB trade this summer. At that point, we will be able to sign a max FA and still re-sign KO if the player we are acquiring for AB is on a rookie contract. It will also give everybody a chance to see AB healthy and producing at a high level again. I really hate to see him go - homegrown, extremely hard worker, gets better every year, etc, but unless IT or Smart are getting traded, I don't see how he fits into our future cap.

Glad to see everybody in this thread [so far] agree with keeping Crowder over AB. I feel like a few of us have been beating this salary implications drum for a while now.

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 05:49:08 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
For me looking at how the Lakers got a pick for Lou Williams I'd almost be tempted to trade Avery for a 2019 1rst and a 2018 2nd and a top 55 protected 2020.

Just get something for him and roll with Rozier and Demetrius J. ....in anticipation of....adding Lonzo Ball.

Except that Bradley is probably the best fit to pair with Ball in the future.  Catch and shoot guy who can defend smaller scoring points, which might be difficult for Ball.

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 12:27:31 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Except that Bradley is probably the best fit to pair with Ball in the future.  Catch and shoot guy who can defend smaller scoring points, which might be difficult for Ball.

That's a TP for sure Eja. Great post. Let's give him two more guys and get Eja to 1000.

He's been a great poster for a long time..

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 12:57:50 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
TP Eja HOF post. Lets stay the course.... Celtics are like AAPL you do not sell AAPL.