Author Topic: Per Woj: Bogdanovic to the Wizards...  (Read 5236 times)

Re: Per Woj: Bogdanovic to the Wizards...
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 04:12:40 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Nets are sending Bogdanovic and Chris McCullough to the Wizards for Andrew Nicholson and a 2017 first-round pick, sources tell @TheVertical.

If that's true great move by them.  They should be trading everyone on their roster for 1st round picks.

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 04:16:55 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I don't get this trade for the Nets at all.  Bojan is a pretty solid player and McCullough is probably about the same level of prospect as Nicholson.  The pick is obviously going to be in the 20's, maybe even late 20's, so I can't believe they get someone better than Bojan in that spot.

As things stand now, they'll have a 24 and a 26. They've shown that they're willing to take chances in the draft. Maybe hope that Swanigan or somebody similar falls, or try to trade up?

Mike

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 04:17:33 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
What a blatant tanking move.

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 04:17:47 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Wizards getting stronger, gonna be a tough battle between wiz/celtics/toronto for 2nd seed. Even Atlanta can still make some noise tomorrow with plenty of picks.

Nets getting worse but I think they are doing the right thing, getting picks.

Magic pulled the trigger to early? Looks like Wiz were also interested in Lou Williams? Wiz pick gonna be a better pick than the Houston pick, funny!
This trade helps the Wizards more than it hurts the Nets.  Wizards could well be the C's 1st round opponent the way things are bunched up.  On balance, I don't like this trade.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 04:38:47 PM by Surferdad »

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 04:35:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

haha but what other choice do they have?  seriously

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 04:38:43 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Why does Washington do this? In case Porter leaves in the offseason? They already have Oubre Jr waiting in the wings. I don't see how Bogdanovic helps them much this year.

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 04:40:40 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'm really surprised the Wizards were able to unload Nicholson for a 1st and get value in return.

Really surprised.  He's got 3 years and $20 million left on his deal after this year, and is a pile of hot garbage.

But definitely good for the Nets pick.  It greatly increases the ability of Washington to keep Porter without becoming major taxpayers.

They can use stretch provision on Nicholson.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 04:41:23 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Huh? You're aware we have their next two 1sts, right?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 04:42:45 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I don't understand what you mean it's tanking? First off they are already the worst team in the league. Secondly, they don't own the rights to their own pick so tanking would only help the Celtics. And by making your team worse potentially for next year is even worse because next year the Celtics own their pick - not just a swap. So how does that equate to tanking? Are you saying they want to improve the Celtics? Or do they want to get some picks that may help them in the future?

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 04:44:04 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Why does Washington do this? In case Porter leaves in the offseason? They already have Oubre Jr waiting in the wings. I don't see how Bogdanovic helps them much this year.

It immediately helps their bench scoring which is currently nonexistent.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 04:46:34 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'm really surprised the Wizards were able to unload Nicholson for a 1st and get value in return.

Really surprised.  He's got 3 years and $20 million left on his deal after this year, and is a pile of hot garbage.

But definitely good for the Nets pick.  It greatly increases the ability of Washington to keep Porter without becoming major taxpayers.

Sure, if they want to have a portion of his salary on the book for 5-7 years instead of 3. 

The way I look at it is this -- draft picks have value in part because they can be paid at below market rates.  But essentially you can add Nicholson's salary to the first 3 years of the 4 year rookie deal, so it's like they're paying the pick $7-8 million a year.

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 05:02:54 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375

I don't understand what you mean it's tanking? First off they are already the worst team in the league. Secondly, they don't own the rights to their own pick so tanking would only help the Celtics. And by making your team worse potentially for next year is even worse because next year the Celtics own their pick - not just a swap. So how does that equate to tanking? Are you saying they want to improve the Celtics? Or do they want to get some picks that may help them in the future?
99% sure the OP was being sarcastic.

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 05:27:36 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
My homie going to the playoffs! I admit he is not a stud, but his is capable at an NBA level. Now, in his prime, IMO he could be playing 25 minutes come playofftime. What worries me a bit is that he had a packed summer and could be depleted if used too frequently. He is in great shape, dont get me wrong. National team training camp lasted 3 weeks, then qualifiers for the Olympics, then Olymics where we played 1/4 finals. He was the go-to guy playing a lot of minutes. He had some rest after that period, but then the NBA started and he has been logging a fair share of minutes consistently.
On a macro level, trade reaffirms - wings are expensive and centers are cheap. Go Bojan! (against all but Celts)
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 05:46:21 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Nicholson will get minutes for them.  I bet 15 to 20 per game...

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2017, 05:49:46 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
The 2018 nets pick is getting better and better....