Author Topic: Idea - Two small trades to help now and future.  (Read 4386 times)

Idea - Two small trades to help now and future.
« on: February 22, 2017, 03:38:57 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z4d2uqq

Celtics Receive
Danilo Gallinari (This year and opts out)
Kenneth Faried (Signed through 2018-2019, 12 million a year roughly, only 26)
Jahlil Okafor (Can be kept through 2019-2020 for 18 million total through these years, 21 years old)

Nuggets Receive
Amir Johnson
Tyler Zeller
Clipper 2019 1st
Clipper 2016 2nd
Cavaliers 2016 2nd

76ers Receive
Terry Rozier
Jonas Jerebko
2018 Celtics 1st

Nuggets get the cap space next year, one first rounder, at least 2 second round picks.  We have too many draft picks to select them all and still givesucks us Minnesota's 2016 second rounder.

76ers get a young talented point guard, some more cap space next year, as well as a 1st pick next year to keep building.  Also giving them the chance to resign Noel, and clear the log jam.

Why do the Celtics do these two trades?  Gallinari gives us a shooter for this year. Is able to play the three and the four. Would add depth to our bench. Yes technically he is a rental, but he's an added bonus for this year. Plus could maybe be signed cheap depending on the market. Kenneth Faried is a 26 year old power forward, that gives the Celtics exactly what we need. A defensive-minded and rebounding big. Yes he is undersized, but that is yet to stop him from being a dynamic rebounder, and someone that would help Horford by letting him play the center still. Yes Horford natural position is the power forward, but with the NBA getting faster he's almost becoming too slow. So by adding Faried who is still fast gives us what we need. By adding Jahlil Okafor, we gain a true big Center, to be an offensive weapon on the second unit. So with the second unit having Okafor, Gallinari, Brown, Green, Smart, gives us a great second unit for the rest of the year.

By doing these trades we also are able to keep both Brooklyn picks.  Also keeping the salary cap to resign, Thomas, Bradley and Smart.  We're already second in the east and still young.   By doing these trades we booster our team this year and future.   Able to draft hopefully Ball I'd prefer to take over a back up point to move Smart to the back up shooting guard next year.   Also doing this can leave trade available next year with Thomas, Bradley or Smart.   

What does everybody think of these two small trades?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 04:42:30 PM by ThePoeticWolf »

Re: Idea - Two small trades to help now and future.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 03:42:31 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
We actually aren't able to keep both BKN picks. The 2017 is a swap.

Mike

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 03:43:05 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
You can't trade the Celtics 2017 1st? That's the pick we have rights to swap with Brooklyn. Therefore you don't keep the Brooklyn picks.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 04:44:23 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
Sorry hit 2017 Celtics, it was meant for 2018.  But honestly neither of you two couldn't figure that out by the rest of the post that's sad.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 04:48:51 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Sorry hit 2017 Celtics, it was meant for 2018.  But honestly neither of you two couldn't figure that out by the rest of the post that's sad.

Really, you meant the 2018 and not the 2017?
Then why did you state this...

By doing these trades we also are able to keep both Brooklyn picks.

BTW, I think the trade is terrible.   :P

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 04:57:45 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
That was 2 minutes of my life I will never get back...
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 04:59:52 PM »

Offline celtics247

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
OMG, I almost didn't want to respond but I think everyone knows that we have our own pick in 2018 and that is what he meant.

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 05:18:34 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
OMG, I almost didn't want to respond but I think everyone knows that we have our own pick in 2018 and that is what he meant.

TP to you....i typed up a reply and ended up deleting it with your same mindset lol

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

It's sad that people couldn't figure out what you actually meant to type?!?! 
Holy Mindreader Madness Batman!!   :o

Anyhoo...I don't think it's too bad for the Cs but I don't think Philly would give up Okafor for Rozier and a late pick in the 1st rd. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 05:49:00 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Anyhoo...I don't think it's too bad for the Cs but I don't think Philly would give up Okafor for Rozier and a late pick in the 1st rd.

To me there's no doubt Philly would definitely do the deal.  The value of Okafor is extremely low right now...

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 05:55:03 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White

I think they'd be will to just because still rebuilding.  Plus they get a young point guard.  I'd be willing to throw in a second if it would get the deal done because I think Okafor in the long run would help us for years.   Where in 76ers he's not going to get the time.  Also I think he'd help keep Horford fresh with less minutes at the center position.

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 05:57:06 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
That was 2 minutes of my life I will never get back...

Can I ask why?   It was a thought out idea for all teams.  If you don't agree I'd like to know.  Because I actually like to have discussion on here?  What do you think they should do without making a major trade?

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 05:59:16 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White

Really, you meant the 2018 and not the 2017?
Then why did you state this...

By doing these trades we also are able to keep both Brooklyn picks.

BTW, I think the trade is terrible.   :P

Can I ask, why do you think it's a terrible trade?   We fill a need for the noweekend and the future.  While keeping the core together and actually using the assets we've acquired over the years.

I stated that because you pointed out my typing the wrong year, but the rest of the post being able tell what was meant.

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 06:09:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Can I ask, why do you think it's a terrible trade?

I think it is a terrible trade as well.  I don't think it helps us much getting B listers like Farried and Gallo.   Rather spend the assets on a big fish and not wallow in perpetual mediocrity.

Stick to Poetry, perhaps.

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 06:13:13 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
This makes us no contenders, while adding salary after this summer. We can't get Hayward, Griffin or Millsap because of a trade that doesn't include a star.

Not interested at all.