Author Topic: Lakers looking to Acquire Paul George  (Read 5449 times)

Re: Lakers looking to Acquire Paul George
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 06:38:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I think Magic will present a better package to Larry than Danny. D'Angelo Russell, Ingram, and Randle could all go for George. I'm not sure that Danny wants to give Jaylen, Marcus, and BKN 17 for George.

But then where does that leave the lakers?  I know George doesn't have to agree to a deal but I think Bird would probably communicate with him and try to keep the split amicable.  Are the lakers any better than Indiana after that trade?

If the Lakers were willing to give that for George then why didn't they offer that for Cousins? Obviously they didn't beat the Pelicans poor offer.

Because Kupchak actually has a clue what he is doing. Magic does not. The Lakers are ripe for the picking. Larry should do just that. How do you fire your GM because he could not get a deal done. Does it not take two to tango. Vlade obviously was not interested in dealing with the Lakers after the way they threw him to the curb unless of course they made him a godfather deal to beat all godfather deals.

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2017, 11:28:27 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
This kind of media rumor was inevitable, as soon as Magic took over the Lakers. I don't know if the Lakers have the resources to get George right now, nor whether Larry has decided to trade him. Okafor might be a more attainable target.

Ainge has a real mess on his hands, with the trade deadline collapsing quickly. He's got George and Butler and even Drummond to consider. Plus Bogut or Okafor.

Ainge has to come away with at least Bogut. A rebounding upgrade is essential for the playoffs.
Bogut is perfect for that if they can keep him healthy.

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2017, 11:36:07 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This kind of media rumor was inevitable, as soon as Magic took over the Lakers. I don't know if the Lakers have the resources to get George right now, nor whether Larry has decided to trade him. Okafor might be a more attainable target.

Ainge has a real mess on his hands, with the trade deadline collapsing quickly. He's got George and Butler and even Drummond to consider. Plus Bogut or Okafor.

Ainge has to come away with at least Bogut. A rebounding upgrade is essential for the playoffs.
Bogut is perfect for that if they can keep him healthy.

Bogut has played in 4 of his team's last 18 games, and 10 of the last 36.  Keeping him healthy can't be expected at this point.  He's fine as a buyout option, but Tyler Zeller is considerably more likely to be useful in the playoffs than Bogut, simply because he'll be able to walk.  Failing to trade for Bogut would not be a Miss of any kind.