Author Topic: Lakers looking to Acquire Paul George  (Read 5470 times)

Re: Lakers looking to Acquire Paul George
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I see Magic willing to give up Russell, Randolph, Zubak, Nance and a future first.  But not Ingram.

Doubt that will be enough for Bird.  It would be some good blocks to build with, though.

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 04:06:32 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
George is from L.A. and it has long been rumored that if he leaves Indiana it would be for the Lakers.

They said the same thing about Kevin Love
Derozan was also a lock to go to LA until he didnt.

Every single FA is rumored to go to LA and this year they signed Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov.

Hahaha, good laugh TP

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 04:08:08 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Given the history between Magic and Bird and how competitive they were, do you think Larry will lose a trade vs a newbie GM called Magic Johnson?
 ;D

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 04:16:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
why are the Lakers following  the Celts?   :laugh:

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 04:17:31 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
why are the Lakers following  the Celts?   :laugh:

They should always follow us and never be in front of us!!

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 04:22:09 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I think Magic will present a better package to Larry than Danny. D'Angelo Russell, Ingram, and Randle could all go for George. I'm not sure that Danny wants to give Jaylen, Marcus, and BKN 17 for George.

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 04:26:37 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think Magic will present a better package to Larry than Danny. D'Angelo Russell, Ingram, and Randle could all go for George. I'm not sure that Danny wants to give Jaylen, Marcus, and BKN 17 for George.

But then where does that leave the lakers?  I know George doesn't have to agree to a deal but I think Bird would probably communicate with him and try to keep the split amicable.  Are the lakers any better than Indiana after that trade?

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 04:28:33 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

But then where does that leave the lakers?  I know George doesn't have to agree to a deal but I think Bird would probably communicate with him and try to keep the split amicable.  Are the lakers any better than Indiana after that trade?

If the Lakers were willing to give that for George then why didn't they offer that for Cousins? Obviously they didn't beat the Pelicans poor offer.

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 04:28:39 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Well he could present a better package but will he?, and would Larry take the offer?  I say no to both questions.  For Magic, it doesn't make sense to gut the team for one player who is not clearly an elite superstar.  Also doesn't make sense for Larry to put himself down the same rabbit hole that the Lakers are in currently with decent young players that are not guaranteed to develop into big stars.  This is why there was a management change in LA.

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 04:43:43 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

I hope so because the Lakers lose their most valuable assets for just one guy. Plus they're in the West and the West is very strong with the Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, and Clippers contending. Lakers won't be winning any titles anytime soon even with PG13.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 05:19:33 PM »

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18

If the Lakers were willing to give that for George then why didn't they offer that for Cousins? Obviously they didn't beat the Pelicans poor offer.
Magic wasn't in charge when the Cousins trade happened..so who knows

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 06:06:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Magic has a great on court IQ and good business acumen.   However, he was a horrible coach and I bet he is not very good as a GM.   I think his copying Ainge shows that he will copycat others to cover this up.   PG may not want to go there and loose on a stripped team.

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 06:08:31 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Keep looking, Losers.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 06:16:14 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

I hope so because the Lakers lose their most valuable assets for just one guy. Plus they're in the West and the West is very strong with the Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, and Clippers contending. Lakers won't be winning any titles anytime soon even with PG13.

This.

I've been fearing Ainge could use all our assets in a guy for a year and a half (well, a guy not named Anthony Davis). If the Lakers do this and trade all their assets for Paul George, I'd be quite happy.

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2017, 06:19:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Oh their blog should have been drooling over him for years .  He is a CA guy and they think it's the only place he wants to be.

I think Russel s over rated myself .  Decent handle and shooter ...with not a clue how to play defense.....he was raised a Laker with zero adult supervisors or role models.   I doubt Bird wants to retrain him on the correct team basketball style play.