Author Topic: Paul George Rumors (Merged)  (Read 26084 times)

Re: Realgm Celtics board PG13 to Boston (rumor)
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2017, 02:28:59 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I just want to pause a moment and think about this:

Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Paul George, Al Horford, Marcus Smart

Forget all the other pieces and assets.

If you could get George this week and then keep those 5 guys together for the next 4-5 seasons after this one, filling out the rest of the roster with cheap young guys and vets ... they might never be the top team in the league, but they'd have a chance to go far once or twice if everything came together.

I really like the blend of skillsets with that group.

I am 100% with you on that Pho. We would be a very fun team to watch. Every single one of our starting 5 could put the ball on the floor and make plays, on top of being able to score in their own unique way. We would have IT4 and PG13 as playmakers who can simultaneously play off the ball. Smart could be a defensive hound who makes plays for others and continues to slowly make his shot better (not great but better.) Horford could shoot, pass the ball and protect the rim. Crowder would just continue to be a great 3 and d guy on the best "role player" contract in the league.

I know you want to ignore the other pieces and assets, but we could bring Zizic or the BRK 18 big along slowly, or flip them for a solid rebounding big. Our team would be set, and our ability to contend would be set for years to come.

Go get PG13 Danny. It is what has to be done.
Stop it. Not going to be able to put my phone down today.

;D

That is basically where I am at. Any time a rumor involving George pops up, I can't put the phone down. I'm rather indifferent to the Butler rumors, but George makes me go nuts.
#JKJB

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2017, 02:30:34 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I just want to pause a moment and think about this:

Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Paul George, Al Horford, Marcus Smart

Forget all the other pieces and assets.

If you could get George this week and then keep those 5 guys together for the next 4-5 seasons after this one, filling out the rest of the roster with cheap young guys and vets ... they might never be the top team in the league, but they'd have a chance to go far once or twice if everything came together.

I really like the blend of skillsets with that group.

I am 100% with you on that Pho. We would be a very fun team to watch. Every single one of our starting 5 could put the ball on the floor and make plays, on top of being able to score in their own unique way. We would have IT4 and PG13 as playmakers who can simultaneously play off the ball. Smart could be a defensive hound who makes plays for others and continues to slowly make his shot better (not great but better.) Horford could shoot, pass the ball and protect the rim. Crowder would just continue to be a great 3 and d guy on the best "role player" contract in the league.

I know you want to ignore the other pieces and assets, but we could bring Zizic or the BRK 18 big along slowly, or flip them for a solid rebounding big. Our team would be set, and our ability to contend would be set for years to come.

Go get PG13 Danny. It is what has to be done.
Stop it. Not going to be able to put my phone down today.

;D

That is basically where I am at. Any time a rumor involving George pops up, I can't put the phone down. I'm rather indifferent to the Butler rumors, but George makes me go nuts.

I'm OK with Butler.

I'd LOVE Paul George.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2017, 02:34:00 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
1) Unlikely IND trades George without dumping Big Al or Monta in the process.

2) Why do the Pacers keep shopping around for centers? The idea would be to build around Turner, no?

This was part of my thinking for this fantasy scenario: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zfhu52x
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2017, 02:34:41 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
It's a fair deal and definitely a fair price to pay for Paul George.

I just want so badly to have a homegrown all star to root for. But that's just stubbornness. I'm sure once Paul George put on a green jersey, I'd stop caring.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2017, 02:36:04 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
If the plan is to then add Bogut

IT.      Rosier
Smart. Green
PG       Jae
AL        jerebko
Bogut. KO

Would need to add a backup SG if possible.

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2017, 02:41:57 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
Would we have enough assets to go after Drummond?

I would give up Crowder, as he can play 2 and 4, but I'm not confident in him being stationed at that position entirely.

Horford/Drummond is a nice front court.

I just can't pay up for a guy that you are afraid to play in the last five minutes of a close game.

Mike

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2017, 02:46:00 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
Philly makes out like a bandit in this deal.

Mike
I hate this deal.  You strengthen Philly a lot and I really don't see what the big deal about PG is.  He's good, but not good enough to move the needle to the point where you can compete with GS.  Too much to give up for him.

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2017, 02:49:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Overall, the bones of this deal are pretty fair all around, but Philly has to add more to the deal. Okafor cant get you that haul by himself, and nobody still really believes that they're going to pay Noel this summer to be a backup on a near max deal. So expand the trade to this:

Boston: George, Noel, Miles

Philly: Jefferson, Bradley, Rozier, 2019 Memphis pick

Indy: Zeller, Okafor, Brown, 2017 Brooklyn pick, 2019 Clippers pick

Everyone gets what they want/need in this scenario:

Boston gets its second star and another front court piece to build around;

Philly gets two ideal backcourt pieces for their team, out of their center logjam, a backup vet big (who they can always buy out or have as a backup vet big for Embiid), along with a decent future pick;

Indy gets the jumpstart to their rebuild with two solid prospects and a high pick.

I think we're clearly on Cleveland's level, if not better, after this trade, and we'd have a real shot to knock off the Warriors, too, all while keeping our core and the 2018 Brooklyn pick:

PG: IT, Smart
SG: George, Green
SF: Crowder, Miles
PF: Horford, JJ/KO
C: Noel, Amir

« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2017, 02:53:15 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Overall, the bones of this deal are pretty fair all around, but Philly has to add more to the deal. Okafor cant get you that haul by himself, and nobody still really believes that they're going to pay Noel this summer to be a backup on a near max deal. So expand the trade to this:

Philly gets two ideal backcourt pieces for their team, out of their center logjam, a backup vet big (who they can always buy out or have as a backup vet big for Embiid), along with a decent future pick;

Indy gets the jumpstart to their rebuild with two solid prospects and a high pick.

I think we're clearly on Cleveland's level, if not better, after this trade, and we'd have a real shot to knock off the Warriors, too, all while keeping our core and the 2018 Brooklyn pick:

Love it. We get our defensive stud to pair with Smart, George sets us up star wise, and we retain the BRK 18 to get the best out of our assets.
#JKJB

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2017, 02:53:32 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
What do you think about moving long term salary to Indy in hopes after getting PG13, we can sign Hayward to a max next year.

AB, Rozier Crowder + brk 17

For

Pg 13 and 2nd rd pick

IT
Smart
Hayward
George
Horford

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2017, 02:55:14 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
What do you think about moving long term salary to Indy in hopes after getting PG13, we can sign Hayward to a max next year.

For

Pg 13 and 2nd rd pick

IT
Smart
Hayward
George
Horford

George doesn't want to play the 4.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2017, 02:56:18 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

For

Pg 13 and 2nd rd pick

IT
Smart
Hayward
George
Horford

This is the right notion.  If we're going for George, we want to get off as much long term salary as possible.  That may include Bradley + Rozier + Brown + a pick makes sense.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2017, 02:57:46 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41

I like this deal much better!   Love the idea of adding Noel.

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2017, 02:57:50 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466

To me this would be worth giving up Avery, Brown, Roz and the top pick.  I actually love it for us.  I dunno for Philly and Indy?? 

« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2017, 02:59:14 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
You have to weigh the option of would you rather build through the draft the next 3 years and around guys like Rozier and Brown...if so you will contend but when will you be able to strike?

In a way it makes sense to play it out and keep the #1s so the cavs and warriors windows shut. By the time your young team is ready...those two teams are dismantled because of cap issues

There's no guarantee whatsoever that "your young team" would contend.

We don't know that Smart - Brown - 2017 Nets - 2018 Nets is a contending core 3-4 years down the line.

We also don't know that the Warriors and Cavs will really get "dismantled" as you say.  They may not always be as deep as they are now, but the Warriors can probably keep Curry - Klay - Dray - Durant for the foreseeable future, while the Cavs can hold onto Irving - LeBron - Love for a while.

The Celts will have their own cap issues after next season when Bradley, Thomas, and Smart all hit free agency.

It is hard for me to see both the Warriors 4 staying together long term and Lebron not significantly declining in a few years. People don't realize the insane amount of minutes he has played and that he is not pretty old already.