Author Topic: Paul George Rumors (Merged)  (Read 26286 times)

Re: Realgm Celtics board PG13 to Boston (rumor)
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2017, 02:59:48 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Philly makes out like a bandit in this deal.

Mike
I hate this deal.  You strengthen Philly a lot and I really don't see what the big deal about PG is.  He's good, but not good enough to move the needle to the point where you can compete with GS.  Too much to give up for him.

Man,  I disagree.  Paul George is a top flight talent in the NBA.  Think about the series he played against Lebron a few seasons ago.  He is a franchise player.   Especially, with Danny in the front office.

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2017, 03:02:34 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Overall, the bones of this deal are pretty fair all around, but Philly has to add more to the deal. Okafor cant get you that haul by himself, and nobody still really believes that they're going to pay Noel this summer to be a backup on a near max deal. So expand the trade to this:

Boston: George, Noel, Miles

Philly: Jefferson, Bradley, Rozier, 2019 Memphis pick

Indy: Zeller, Okafor, Brown, 2017 Brooklyn pick, 2019 Clippers pick

Everyone gets what they want/need in this scenario:

Boston gets its second star and another front court piece to build around;

Philly gets two ideal backcourt pieces for their team, out of their center logjam, a backup vet big (who they can always buy out or have as a backup vet big for Embiid), along with a decent future pick;

Indy gets the jumpstart to their rebuild with two solid prospects and a high pick.

I think we're clearly on Cleveland's level, if not better, after this trade, and we'd have a real shot to knock off the Warriors, too, all while keeping our core and the 2018 Brooklyn pick:

PG: IT, Smart
SG: George, Green
SF: Crowder, Miles
PF: Horford, JJ/KO
C: Noel, Amir

Not too bad. But the chances of a 3 way deal a day before the deadline are small.

They could trade for George or Butler, then trade for Bogut, and then sign Noel over the summer staying within the cap. Noel might command upwards of $20M. They'd have enough with George or Butler at $20M.

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2017, 03:04:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
What do you think about moving long term salary to Indy in hopes after getting PG13, we can sign Hayward to a max next year.

AB, Rozier Crowder + brk 17

For

Pg 13 and 2nd rd pick

IT
Smart
Hayward
George
Horford

This is the right notion.  If we're going for George, we want to get off as much long term salary as possible.  That may include Bradley + Rozier + Brown + a pick makes sense.

Yea that team is a title contender for 5+ years with brk 18,yabu and zicic still to come.

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2017, 03:04:57 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Have no idea if he knows anything, other posters seem to think he knows something....

hearing Boston/Indy/Philly 3 team being discussed where Boston gets PG13 & Seraphin, Philly gets Bradley, Indy gets Jaylen Brown/Okafor/BK17/Zeller and Memphis future 1st. Bird is the hold up right now as he is unsure about trading his star and having to start from scratch. But the thought from Indy is that an Okafor/Turner/Brown frontcourt is intriguing. Add in a top guard from the 17 draft and Indy will have its young foundation almost immediately.

Philly is on board and loves the idea of Bradley sticking around long-term as a youngish veteran player that could compliment Embiid/Simmons and their incoming draft picks (own and hopefully LA's).

for Boston Ainge acquires his star while also maintaining the majority of his core
puke

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2017, 03:06:23 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
You have to weigh the option of would you rather build through the draft the next 3 years and around guys like Rozier and Brown...if so you will contend but when will you be able to strike?

In a way it makes sense to play it out and keep the #1s so the cavs and warriors windows shut. By the time your young team is ready...those two teams are dismantled because of cap issues

There's no guarantee whatsoever that "your young team" would contend.

We don't know that Smart - Brown - 2017 Nets - 2018 Nets is a contending core 3-4 years down the line.

We also don't know that the Warriors and Cavs will really get "dismantled" as you say.  They may not always be as deep as they are now, but the Warriors can probably keep Curry - Klay - Dray - Durant for the foreseeable future, while the Cavs can hold onto Irving - LeBron - Love for a while.

The Celts will have their own cap issues after next season when Bradley, Thomas, and Smart all hit free agency.

It is hard for me to see both the Warriors 4 staying together long term and Lebron not significantly declining in a few years. People don't realize the insane amount of minutes he has played and that he is not pretty old already.

I really wonder how GS is going to keep Curry, KD, Thompson and Green two years from now.  One of those guys is gonna have to go, I would think Thompson, but who knows.  Curry is going to get a monster deal next year, KD the following year...

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2017, 03:07:38 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Much as I want George, the last thing I want is to sign him, have him for 1.5 years and then lose him to the Lakers.

Mike

I believe that's 2.5 years for George. Butler is 3.5 years.

The Lakers are a real concern for George.

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2017, 03:09:33 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Overall, the bones of this deal are pretty fair all around, but Philly has to add more to the deal. Okafor cant get you that haul by himself, and nobody still really believes that they're going to pay Noel this summer to be a backup on a near max deal. So expand the trade to this:

Philly gets two ideal backcourt pieces for their team, out of their center logjam, a backup vet big (who they can always buy out or have as a backup vet big for Embiid), along with a decent future pick;

Indy gets the jumpstart to their rebuild with two solid prospects and a high pick.

I think we're clearly on Cleveland's level, if not better, after this trade, and we'd have a real shot to knock off the Warriors, too, all while keeping our core and the 2018 Brooklyn pick:

I think both Philly and Indy object.

Philly needs one of Okafor/Noel, in case Embiid never comes back. I'm not sure Big Al is enough to cover it.

Indy does get the 2017 BKN pick, but there is still a lot of uncertainty around Okafor and Brown.

Big TP for some major creativity. A second one if I remember to come back in an hour.

Mike

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2017, 03:13:31 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
to many posts to read, but from the first page it looks like people are missing that the Memphis draft pick is another thing we would be trading.

« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2017, 03:16:07 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2017, 03:17:22 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2017, 03:25:11 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Man, Philly would downright get so much better with Bradley in their lineup. Will be such a perfect compliment for Ben Simmons.

I kinda don't want that deal mainly because we're in the same division as Philadelphia, and Bradley makes them very good.
I too am pretty worried about "enabling" Philly to be a much better team.  Same for Indy in 5 years when Turner/Brown/Fultz (or Ball) are making noise.  Same Division doesn't matter anymore.  You have to worry about both teams due to same conference.

« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2017, 03:29:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

I think both Philly and Indy object.

Philly needs one of Okafor/Noel, in case Embiid never comes back. I'm not sure Big Al is enough to cover it.

Indy does get the 2017 BKN pick, but there is still a lot of uncertainty around Okafor and Brown.

Big TP for some major creativity. A second one if I remember to come back in an hour.

Mike

Embiid is already supposedly pretty much back to fully healthy and practicing fully with the team, though he's still doubtful for the next two games.

They're just not going to be able to keep Noel as an insurance policy any longer, because all signs have pointed to them being unwilling to match a big contract for a backup. With Brooklyn set to trade Lopez, too, the Sixers should be even more desperate to trade Noel, because they're almost assuredly going to offer Noel a near to full max deal this summer.

I just think we'll see Noel traded at the last minute to the highest bidder, especially if Lopez gets shipped out tonight or earlier tomorrow. Can't imagine that they get a better deal than something like this.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see Danny swoop in and get Noel by himself at the last second if everything else falls through tomorrow, too.

« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2017, 03:37:17 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Check out this 3 teamer posted on Indy Cornrows:

TRADE:

IND Gets: Jaylen Brown, Amir Johnson's Expiring, Tyler Zeller, 2017 Nets 1st; 2017 MIN 2nd (FROM BOS); BEST of 2019 1st from BOS: BOS OWN, MEM (9-30), or LAC (15-30)

DET Gets: Avery Bradely, Terry Rozier, Monta Ellis, 2017 CLE 2nd; 2017 LAC 2nd; 2018 Nets 1st

BOS Gets: Paul George, Andre Drummond, and Stanley Johnson

My rational is below:

For IND: PG13 is far from guaranteed to resign and his value is only going to decrease as that becomes more and more apparent. Why not swap him and an AWFUL Monta Ellis contract for some cap relief, a high upside wing and a ton of draft assets?

IND Rotation/Draft Assets:

Teague/Brooks

GR3/Stuckey

Jaylen Brown/Miles

Thad/Amir Johnson

Turner/Zeller

2017 - OWN 1st; BKN 1st; MIN 2nd; OWN 2nd

2018 - OWN 1st; OWN 2nd

2019 - OWN 1st; BEST of BOS OWN 1st, MEM 1st (9-30), or LAC 1st (15-30)

For DET: If there are already rumors that Drummond is being shopped, pull the trigger. You get a BKN pick, a good 2 guard, and a young point guard to rebuild around while you shop Jackson. Maybe try to flip him for Noel because PHI needs a PG and DET will need to get another big to replace Drummond

DET Rotation/Draft Assets:

Jackson/Rozier

Bradely/Ellis

KCP/Morris

Harris/Morris

Baynes/Leuer

2017 - OWN 1st; OWN 2nd; UTH 2nd; CLE 2nd; LAC 2nd

2018 - OWN 1st; BKN 1st; OWN 2nd

2019 - OWN 1st; Two 2nd (Depends on record in 2019, I'm not gonna speculate that far out)

For BOS: You get rebounding and (decent) rim protection out of a young potential star big man and another star to pair with IT4 for the playoffs without having to give up Smart or Crowder and get a young good defensive wing asset back to offset all the young talent you dealt. Most importantly, you have a team to contend with CLE/GSW for the next few years. You also protected the MEM pick against potentially dealing it away if it does carry through to being unprotected in 2021 which could be another asset on par with the current Nets picks because MEM will be build around a max players in Gasol and Conley with injury histories and who will be 36 and 33 respectively in 2021.

BOS Rotation/Draft Assets:

IT4/Smart

Smart/George

George/Crowder/Stanley Johnson

Horford/Crowder

Drummond/Horford

2017 - None

2018 - Own 1st; Own 2nd

2019 - 2 Worst of BOS OWN, MEM 1st (9-30), and LAC 1st (15-30); OWN 2nd; DET 2nd

http://www.indycornrows.com/2017/2/22/14698920/3-team-trade-for-the-future

Indy Star: Pacers are talking to c's about pg13 deal
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2017, 03:39:20 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
On one front, the Pacers are trying to determine what they could receive from the Boston Celtics in exchange for George.
The Celtics, who possess the lowly Brooklyn Nets’ first round picks in the next two drafts and a number of talented rotational players, are eager to acquire another star for a 37-20 team that is led by Isaiah Thomas in order to dethrone the defending champion Cleveland Cavaliers. The reason the Pacers would consider dealing George now, according to a report from The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski, is that the Celtics have also been linked to Chicago's Jimmy Butler. A trade for Butler would take the Celtics -- the team with the most to offer in a deal -- out of the trade market.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2017/02/22/report-pacers-considering-trading-paul-george-celtics/98260372/

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2017, 03:39:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Check out this 3 teamer posted on Indy Cornrows:

TRADE:

IND Gets: Jaylen Brown, Amir Johnson's Expiring, Tyler Zeller, 2017 Nets 1st; 2017 MIN 2nd (FROM BOS); BEST of 2019 1st from BOS: BOS OWN, MEM (9-30), or LAC (15-30)

DET Gets: Avery Bradely, Terry Rozier, Monta Ellis, 2017 CLE 2nd; 2017 LAC 2nd; 2018 Nets 1st

BOS Gets: Paul George, Andre Drummond, and Stanley Johnson

My rational is below:

For IND: PG13 is far from guaranteed to resign and his value is only going to decrease as that becomes more and more apparent. Why not swap him and an AWFUL Monta Ellis contract for some cap relief, a high upside wing and a ton of draft assets?

IND Rotation/Draft Assets:

Teague/Brooks

GR3/Stuckey

Jaylen Brown/Miles

Thad/Amir Johnson

Turner/Zeller

2017 - OWN 1st; BKN 1st; MIN 2nd; OWN 2nd

2018 - OWN 1st; OWN 2nd

2019 - OWN 1st; BEST of BOS OWN 1st, MEM 1st (9-30), or LAC 1st (15-30)

For DET: If there are already rumors that Drummond is being shopped, pull the trigger. You get a BKN pick, a good 2 guard, and a young point guard to rebuild around while you shop Jackson. Maybe try to flip him for Noel because PHI needs a PG and DET will need to get another big to replace Drummond

DET Rotation/Draft Assets:

Jackson/Rozier

Bradely/Ellis

KCP/Morris

Harris/Morris

Baynes/Leuer

2017 - OWN 1st; OWN 2nd; UTH 2nd; CLE 2nd; LAC 2nd

2018 - OWN 1st; BKN 1st; OWN 2nd

2019 - OWN 1st; Two 2nd (Depends on record in 2019, I'm not gonna speculate that far out)

For BOS: You get rebounding and (decent) rim protection out of a young potential star big man and another star to pair with IT4 for the playoffs without having to give up Smart or Crowder and get a young good defensive wing asset back to offset all the young talent you dealt. Most importantly, you have a team to contend with CLE/GSW for the next few years. You also protected the MEM pick against potentially dealing it away if it does carry through to being unprotected in 2021 which could be another asset on par with the current Nets picks because MEM will be build around a max players in Gasol and Conley with injury histories and who will be 36 and 33 respectively in 2021.

BOS Rotation/Draft Assets:

IT4/Smart

Smart/George

George/Crowder/Stanley Johnson

Horford/Crowder

Drummond/Horford

2017 - None

2018 - Own 1st; Own 2nd

2019 - 2 Worst of BOS OWN, MEM 1st (9-30), and LAC 1st (15-30); OWN 2nd; DET 2nd

http://www.indycornrows.com/2017/2/22/14698920/3-team-trade-for-the-future

Detroit politely declines.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes