Author Topic: Paul George Rumors (Merged)  (Read 26282 times)

Re: Realgm Celtics board PG13 to Boston (rumor)
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 01:49:36 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1673
I'd be very hesitant to offer two of our best long-term assets for a guy whose heart is probably in LA.  And that's not even considering the fact that we lose our above average starting SG and another potential late lottery pick.  That's a lot to give up for anybody, let alone a year-and-a-half rental. 

We are under no pressure to make 'win now' trades.  There's a legitimate chance that we could be looking at a '18/'19 core of IT/Crowder/FA/Horford/Fultz/Smart/Brown/Ayton.  I don't think you disrupt that vision lightly.  If you mortgage part of that future, it needs to be for stars who can bring you championships and are committed to winning here for a long time.  Does George check those two boxes?  I'm not sure. 

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2017, 01:50:23 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Sounds reasonable to me.  Essentially the Cs add a top 10-ish 26 yo player to the lineup that just won 12 out of 14 (Brown contruted somewhat, but not much).  PG scores, shoots, boards, defends - absolutely compares with Pierce in terms of quality player in his prime.

I hope DA could squeeze a top 1 protection from LB, but I doubt it.  But the '18 Nets pick is still ours.  PG makes abput 19M next season, but the Cs would send Avery and Brown - combined about 14M next year, and by not having a 2017 pick, Cs save 4-5 M.  So maybe still space for a big contract? 

Seraphin's a big body. 

I love IT, MS, PG, Al and AJ starting.  Jae, KO, KS, JJ, TZ off the bench.  Not bad.  A player away I think!  And young.

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2017, 01:51:13 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
i have a feeling we'll regret giving up jaylen eventually. 

it is a good deal for everyone involved though.  essentially, replaces bradley with paul george and keeps everyone else who's really playing intact.   maybe still grab tucker and bogut.   that's a possible championship contender.

I don't think we'll regret giving up Jaylen, because I don't expect Ainge to trade him.

What about that "Danny Ainge really loves Jaylen Brown" story from about a week back?

The timing suggests an attempt to drive up the price of an asset you might trade.

I do agree that it's unlikely but I would not be shocked if we traded him.

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2017, 01:51:39 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Seems reasonable for all three teams which is rare for trade proposals and rumors.

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2017, 01:52:52 PM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
Idk, I'm probably going to get a ton of heat for saying this..

But like the trade looks good, but I really don't want to deal Jaylen Brown  :(

And Bradley to Sixers? Oh boy... him against us when we play Philly a lot  :o

Not from me. I share the same feeling.

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2017, 01:53:10 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Philly makes out like a bandit in this deal.

Mike

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2017, 01:54:41 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
You have to weigh the option of would you rather build through the draft the next 3 years and around guys like Rozier and Brown...if so you will contend but when will you be able to strike?

In a way it makes sense to play it out and keep the #1s so the cavs and warriors windows shut. By the time your young team is ready...those two teams are dismantled because of cap issues

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2017, 01:56:47 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1673
You have to weigh the option of would you rather build through the draft the next 3 years and around guys like Rozier and Brown...if so you will contend but when will you be able to strike?

In a way it makes sense to play it out and keep the #1s so the cavs and warriors windows shut. By the time your young team is ready...those two teams are dismantled because of cap issues

This is a great point that I had considered myself. 

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2017, 01:56:47 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

And then there may be another super team to contend with (Anthony Davis is only 23 and Demarcus Cousins is only 26, just saying...)
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Mike

Yeah, why wouldn't Indy just keep Bradley? He's much better than Okafor.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2017, 01:58:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Terrible deal for us. Hope this is bogus report.

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2017, 02:00:25 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

And then there may be another super team to contend with (Anthony Davis is only 23 and Demarcus Cousins is only 26, just saying...)

I have no worries about the Pelicans ever becoming a super team.  They do not have the organizational resources (management, scouting, coaching, or budget.)

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2017, 02:00:51 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Mike

Yeah, why wouldn't Indy just keep Bradley? He's much better than Okafor.

Okafor would be around the same age as Myles Turner and Jaylen Brown - the core could grow together. Also worth noting that AB is an FA after next season and will be looking at a huge payday. Doesn't make sense to commit big money to a role player during a rebuild.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2017, 02:01:30 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
For those curious to see how George's rookie year (age 20) compares to Jaylen Brown's (age 20), take a look:

http://bkref.com/tiny/OonxX

Very interesting. The per 36 are virtually identical. PG13 has slightly better stats (emphasis on slightly), but I wonder if by season's end if that will still be true...

Advanced stats (WS, BPM, VORP) are much better for George.  Getting to the line seems to be the one thing Brown does better.

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2017, 02:03:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

We have to remember that many gms around the league chose not to acquire Cousins. Unless he makes a complete 180, then it is very likely the super-team in NO fizzles out like this year's Bulls/Knicks. If he does behave, then a lot of well-informed, well-paid people around the league are going to look very stupid.

As for waiting it out, I sure hope we do. I like our team a lot and don't want to gut our team before giving it one last chance in FA this summer.