Author Topic: Paul George Rumors (Merged)  (Read 26265 times)

Paul George Rumors (Merged)
« on: February 22, 2017, 01:17:23 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Have no idea if he knows anything, other posters seem to think he knows something....

hearing Boston/Indy/Philly 3 team being discussed where Boston gets PG13 & Seraphin, Philly gets Bradley, Indy gets Jaylen Brown/Okafor/BK17/Zeller and Memphis future 1st. Bird is the hold up right now as he is unsure about trading his star and having to start from scratch. But the thought from Indy is that an Okafor/Turner/Brown frontcourt is intriguing. Add in a top guard from the 17 draft and Indy will have its young foundation almost immediately.

Philly is on board and loves the idea of Bradley sticking around long-term as a youngish veteran player that could compliment Embiid/Simmons and their incoming draft picks (own and hopefully LA's).

for Boston Ainge acquires his star while also maintaining the majority of his core

Re: Realgm Celtics board PG13 to Boston (rumor)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:18:29 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Wojo just dropped this:

The Indiana Pacers are gauging the trade market on All-Star forward Paul George, league sources told The Vertical.

The Pacers are working the trade deadline on parallel fronts: Pursuing deals that will bring talent into Indiana to sell George on signing a long-term extension – and soliciting deal offers on George that would signal a rebuild around center Myles Turner, league sources told The Vertical.

Ultimately, the Pacers will have to evaluate the two paths and make a decision before Thursday’s 3 p.m. ET deadline. There’s no urgency to make a deal for George, unless the Pacers fear the Boston Celtics could ultimately provide Indiana the best possible package of assets in a deal – and think that option could disappear if Boston makes a deal with Chicago for Jimmy Butler.

Goes on to add that the big issue is him going to play for the Lakers

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 01:21:14 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'm gonna give you a TP for having the source and "(rumor)" in your title, and then pulling out the relevant info instead of just pasting a link.  It helps a lot during trade rumor season.

More on topic, I'm someone that'd rather wait until free agency to make a big move but I would do that deal in a heartbeat.  And for that reason, I can't see Indy going for it
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 01:22:29 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Much as I want George, the last thing I want is to sign him, have him for 1.5 years and then lose him to the Lakers.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
17 nets pick, Bradley, Brown for George???? Way too much, DA would never give up that much

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 01:25:16 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The Indiana Pacers are gauging the trade market on All-Star forward Paul George, league sources told The Vertical.

The Pacers are working the trade deadline on parallel fronts: Pursuing deals that will bring talent into Indiana to sell George on signing a long-term extension – and soliciting deal offers on George that would signal a rebuild around center Myles Turner, league sources told The Vertical.

Ultimately, the Pacers will have to evaluate the two paths and make a decision before Thursday’s 3 p.m. ET deadline. There’s no urgency to make a deal for George, unless the Pacers fear the Boston Celtics could ultimately provide Indiana the best possible package of assets in a deal – and think that option could disappear if Boston makes a deal with Chicago for Jimmy Butler.

For teams considering a trade for George, here’s the risk: As a free agent in the summer of 2018, he has considered re-signing with Indiana or joining his hometown Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell The Vertical.

Teams trading for George run the risk of losing the four-time All-Star to a Lakers franchise that will have the salary-cap space to sign him in 2018. The Lakers’ hiring of Magic Johnson as president of basketball operations will be an interesting twist to George’s free-agent recruitment, given that Johnson has been something of a George family icon going back to George’s childhood in nearby Palmdale, Calif.

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 01:26:23 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Man, Philly would downright get so much better with Bradley in their lineup. Will be such a perfect compliment for Ben Simmons.

I kinda don't want that deal mainly because we're in the same division as Philadelphia, and Bradley makes them very good.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 01:26:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm only on PG13 if he agrees to a long term commitment.

Ainge isn't stupid that he'll give up a ton of assets to risk losing PG13 in 1.5 seasons.

And wow that Lakers tidbit kind of frightens me a bit.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 01:27:12 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
That's actually a great deal for all teams, especially the Pacers if true. A Turner, Okafor, Jaylen Brown core would be great for Bird.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 01:28:34 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
17 nets pick, Bradley, Brown for George???? Way too much, DA would never give up that much

What do you mean too much? That's just about right for a legitimate franchise type player, or a very close one, who's also only 26.

That's just about where Indiana would start talking. 
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 01:28:49 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I think that is a pretty good trade for all 3 teams.  It makes a lot of sense.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 01:29:09 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I'm with you - just wait until the summer, check on the Hayward situation and re-visit these trade opportunities or find new ones then. I am getting really trigger-shy this deadline. With what Cousins went for, I was hoping this would drive the price down, but so many posters are offering the farm for Butler/George with no regard for the future.

Sure, I suppose if we acquire BOTH, we will have a chance at the championship this year, but I highly doubt Ainge is going for a double superstar acquisition.

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 01:30:43 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
For those curious to see how George's rookie year (age 20) compares to Jaylen Brown's (age 20), take a look:

http://bkref.com/tiny/OonxX

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 01:34:35 PM »

Offline Schiller

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • Ball Don't Lie!
For those curious to see how George's rookie year (age 20) compares to Jaylen Brown's (age 20), take a look:

http://bkref.com/tiny/OonxX

Very interesting. The per 36 are virtually identical. PG13 has slightly better stats (emphasis on slightly), but I wonder if by season's end if that will still be true...
"I'm cold-blooded!" - Paul Pierce

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 01:34:37 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

What do you mean too much? That's just about right for a legitimate franchise type player, or a very close one, who's also only 26.

That's just about where Indiana would start talking.

Cousins is a bigger star than PG13 and the price was low. They both have expiring contracts in 2018.  17 nets pick might be number 1 on a loaded draft, Brown has the all star potential and Bradley is a legitimate all around starter.  I believe that there is some kind of a trend around the nba for GM's not offering much for stars, i don't know why.  We all believed that to get Cousins we should give up both nets picks.