Author Topic: How far could we go if we made these moves?  (Read 1224 times)

How far could we go if we made these moves?
« on: February 22, 2017, 01:09:07 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
Says we were able to land griffin and butler not saying we will or if it's even realistic. I'm just wondering what would a lineup of Thomas-Bradley-Butler-Griffin-Horford do in the playoffs? Not sure what our bench would look like I imagine both packages would be built around crowder smart or brown with picks. I also think Bradley could be a possibility since he is a free agent soon has an injury history and is gonna get PAID if he stays moderately healthy to the point he's a free agent. What do you guys think or what move would you guys like to see?

I'll honestly be happy if we do nothing to and just play the course it's a great time to be a Celtics fan!!
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

Re: How far could we go if we made these moves?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:42:29 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Title contender. Right there with Cleveland and Golden State.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 02:00:23 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Staying the course as people like to say on here is only good for a very limited time.  If staying the course means keeping our picks and trying to sign a top FA next year we have to renounce KO and all other RFA players as well as convincing both of our current stash picks to stay overseas.  This includes the cap hold on the potential #1 pick we all hope for. 

Then the following year we are even tighter on the cap with Bradley and IT going in FA.  Not to mention 2 first round picks one of which (the Nets pick) should be high again and will result in a good sized cap hold. 

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/projecting-2017-18-nba-cap-room-under-new-deal-terms/

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 02:02:18 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
Blake isn't coming, guys.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/blake-griffin-is-reportedly-planning-to-re-sign-with-clippers-when-he-becomes-a-free-agent-082416

That stinks. Here's to the clippers returning to their old habits! I still thin butler definitely moves the needle and can help us alot
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 05:35:15 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Blake isn't coming, guys.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/blake-griffin-is-reportedly-planning-to-re-sign-with-clippers-when-he-becomes-a-free-agent-082416

He never was leaving the Clippers.  That's the problem with cap space unless it's Hayward I'm not sure there's someone worth the money next year.