Author Topic: What Was Your Worst Purchase Ever?  (Read 3781 times)

Re: What Was Your Worst Purchase Ever?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 12:13:01 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Engagement ring for my second wife.
i am a bit afraid to ask which part of this sentence was the "worst"?  ;D

LOL tp for you both!

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 01:00:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Washington Mutual stocks that I bought before they tanked a couple of months later have to be the least bang for my buck I have ever received.

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 04:36:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm having a very hard time with grill covers that make it through an entire New England winter or two

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 04:46:27 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
a speedboat.  my brother talked me into buying a speed boat from a friend of ours.  never used it because my brother (who had the truck to tow it) never had time to use it and he never kept the battery charged so the one time we got it out on the water, it was dead.  got back a third of what we paid for it when we sold it.

last joint venture I ever made with my brother.

And I thought my Roomba that died after two months was a bad purchase... you win!

Just a heads up Salt. I've bought three Roombas Amazon, used them all for about a month and then returned them.

I'm waiting for the next model so I can try it and return it lol.

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 04:53:49 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
My senior year of college, I was surprised to check my statement one day to find that I had spent a good amount of money the previous weekend while extremely intoxicated on a holiday called "Parade Day" to a company called "Big Chicks" out of New Mexico (pretty sure they have re branded by now haha.)

Anyway it was too late to cancel the order, and quite frankly that wouldn't be fair to the company so I patiently waited to see what I was getting. A few more days passed, and finally a mysterious package arrived at my door.

I tore open the package to find a live egg in a makeshift incubator (I'm sure they mailed it express, the week or so must have been processing.) The cool part was that I had no idea what kind of bird it was. Fast forward half a month and I was the proud papa of a baby ostrich. I spent as much energy as possible learning to care for this thing like it was my own, and upon graduating college I donated the fledgling to our local zoo. Every time I am in the area I stop by and they let me go behind the scenes  :'(  .

Long story short, my intoxicated self ordered a live ostrich egg by mistake, raised it as my own, and donated it to an education institution.

PS- Later my friend had recalled that late at night we were discussing how delicious ostrich omelettes would be, so I accidentally ordered the live version haha.

PSS- At the time it was the stupidest order I have ever had, but calling it my worst purchase ever isn't exactly fair.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 05:04:20 PM by A Future of Stevens »
#JKJB

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 05:06:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
My senior year of college, I was surprised to check my statement one day to find that I had spent a good amount of money the previous weekend while extremely intoxicated on a holiday called "Parade Day" to a company called "Big Chicks" out of New Mexico (pretty sure they have re branded by now haha.)

Anyway it was too late to cancel the order, and quite frankly that wouldn't be fair to the company so I patiently waited to see what I was getting. A few more days passed, and finally a mysterious package arrived at my door.

I tore open the package to find a live egg in a makeshift incubator (I'm sure they mailed it express, the week or so must have been processing.) The cool part was that I had no idea what kind of bird it was. Fast forward half a month and I was the proud papa of a baby ostrich. I spent as much energy as possible learning to care for this thing like it was my own, and upon graduating college I donated the fledgling to our local zoo. Every time I am in the area I stop by and they let me go behind the scenes  :'(  .

Long story short, my intoxicated self ordered a live ostrich egg by mistake, raised it as my own, and donated it to an education institution.

PS- Later my friend had recalled that late at night we were discussing how delicious ostrich omelettes would be, so I accidentally ordered the live version haha.

PSS- At the time it was the stupidest order I have ever had, but calling it my worst purchase ever isn't exactly fair.
That's quite a story to tell. Well done :D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2017, 05:08:09 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Tyler Seguin B's sweater. 

That thing was good for about 3 months.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team