Author Topic: trade season and its effect  (Read 1251 times)

trade season and its effect
« on: February 22, 2017, 03:18:43 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233

how can loyalty and team be built with the massive industry of rumors and social media
crowder was so proud to be a celtic and loves boston
how can we expect things to be the same-
 this trade deadline has so undermined what has been built
looking for a superstar with a  subsequent barrage of who gets traded has got to hurt the players
will it cause those effected to not sacrifice,to not dive for loose balls or play with passion,to not invest in a team concept
-is there no end to this attack of the type of ball i like to watch
to me this trade deadline is spirit breaking

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:25:17 AM by rollie mass »

Re: trade season and its effect
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 07:23:41 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
To be honest, unlike other teams, the Celtics have been absolutely quiet with regards to what/who they are willing to give up in a trade. On the contrary, several trades have been reportedly cancelled because we deem players as too valuable to the team.

Up until yesterday, everyone thought we were big players in the DMC trade only to find out we didn't even make an offer. It's the media and fans who have put Crowder on the chopping block, by all indications the team has made no such proclamation.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 07:37:03 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
rollie, I think you overstate the concern.  Games don't begin again until after the deadline so there won't be any uncertainty for the players.  If they are still disheartened after that, they just need to remember that they have a great job:  Playing the game they love at the highest level and get paid handsomely for it.

For us fans, we just need to stay calm for another 36 hour and it will all be over.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 08:16:44 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i think my first line criticized the massive industry of rumors and social media
gm's have a job to do-win championshps
my personal all stars are avery,crowder,marcus and kelly(smart positioning) because i am defensive minded-
these guys played with such abandon it brought our first free agent signing and was a joy to watch

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 08:58:08 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Danny is not going to take someone else's trash.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 09:11:03 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Butler aint no trash...PG either.

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 12:55:49 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
People are too shallow to understand what Rollie is talking about.

There is a Boogie Cousins sticky thread in Around the NBA. It was started by this forum's top moderator. So if we are going to discuss the industry behind the nonsense, we might be sitting right on top of it.

I think there could be something fishy going on in which this forum is manipulated for profit. Then there are all the children who are amazed that they can log in, scribble, then hit publish.

I have been saying this for a while. I don't read anyone but Rollie and a few others.

A lot of people on this forum are clueless including some with the power to ban.

What a stupid petty sports board this is, yet management seems to want it that way.

I don't need them. I'd be happy if they banned me. Only stupid people would have wanted Cousins or at least only stupid people would never shut up about it year after year sticking up for a player representing everything bad about the NBA reminding us that some jerk might be the best player ever not worth it.

Then people talk about Melo, Butler, Griffin. Those are players we don't need and who would tank our future.

A bunch of miserable, boring babies.

The moderator wrote some very strange posts the last couple days, especially right after Cousins got traded.

People dropping unsubstantiated rumors.

I watch games. I follow players as individuals and as a total unit, one superstar as team.

I am noticing things from month to month, year to year.

Rollie follows basketball the right way. I know I do, and I know quite a number of others on this blog are good, decent people.

Gordon Hayward. I understand he is talented and has a connection to Stevens, but we are all set at that position. I can't prevent the Celtics from signing him if that's what happens. But we don't need him.

P.J. Tucker and Melo get mentioned. I know Melo. Tucker I had to look up his stats. We don't need him. Larry Sanders we could use. Following Zizic makes sense. A lot of stuff on this board makes no sense at all and the threads go on forever and make all of us look miserable.

Trade speculation and rumors will always exist, but it shouldn't be in this section. It has nothing to do with the current team. The league takes a week off and that's what I will do next year if I am still blogging here. I don't think I made many posts this week, at least nothing close to when there are actual games and developments.

This isn't new words. I have been consistent. The money and transaction part doesn't do much for me.

Amir Johnson finding the fountain of youth does things for me. Olynyk and Smart stepping up is intriguing.

We need eight to ten guys who can get it done. To me it is about check marks. Who can we pencil in and have confidence we have at least a puncher's chance of going deep into playoffs or perhaps even stealing a championship in bridge years - that's my perspective.

I would sign Sanders to a decent contract for the rest of the year and a team option for the next. Like a trial period. I don't remember Sanders throwing our players to the ground or taking off plays.

Nomar Garciaparra was a great player but miserable. The Red Sox traded him and got better. It was addition by subtraction. There is something called chemistry and it is real and spectacular. It is pretty, pretty good. The corollary is that you can get subtraction by addition. This has been fleshed out by a few. In football, you can just cut a guy and the hidden costs of a bad GM decision. In baseball, these guys can just do their thing. It's like having 25 separate contractors. Only the pitchers and catchers need a relationship. Only the shortstop and second baseman, for another example, need to be on the same page.

If you add a guy like Cousins, we not only lose the solid players it takes to get him, but then you are stuck with him and his future $35 million per year. You would then have to deal with him every single day.

KG and Pierce were perfect until they calcified.

That's why Danny kept bringing it back past their shelf life. It took dropping to a .500 record and a first round ousting for Danny to blow it up.

Demarcus Cousins picked up Marcus Smart and threw him to the ground. I will never forget that. I didn't want that guy anywhere near the roster.

Why can't people just let it unfold over the next two years?

Jimmy Butler. He and Wade threw his teammates under the bus. They made Rondo look good as a veteran leader. Why give big egos like Butler and Cousins the keys to the greatest NBA franchise of all time?

Why upgrade at positions we can already check off as solid and good enough? Why would we be looking for small forwards or guards? We are one player away and it is called a center. But it can't be forced say like going after Cousins. Maybe we could have gotten Anthony Davis. I might have liked Danny going all-in for him.

We need a center like Robert Parish. He doesn't have to be as good as him. It could be Zizic. The way to beat Cleveland and San Antonio is to develop our own quality identity. We are almost there. Doc would try to match Miami LeBron small ball and it never worked. You don't try to match elite teams at what they are good at. You go your own way.

Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown are the future core. In two or three years, or sooner, they will be carrying this team. It is already happening quite a bit with Marcus.

This is not 2007. This is a completely different scenario, one which could give us ten years of greatness rather than a cynical three year window which puts all emphasis on bottom lines of titles. Just watch Philly once it becomes clear Embiid is damaged goods. They will be stuck with him just like with Bynum which snowballed into their current cheating tanking era.

Danny has earned two or three years of doing whatever he thinks is best. We are mere spectators. It has nothing to do with us. What we can do is watch the games and share what we see.

Trade speculation is stupid.