Author Topic: New Woj info on Celtics from 'The Vertical' Facebook Live  (Read 8844 times)

Re: New Woj info on Celtics from 'The Vertical' Facebook Live
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 07:55:03 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
- If Boston keeps the pick and it falls in the top 2 they'd have to pick a PG and Isaiah wouldn't love that.

THIS is what I have been saying all along. Ainge has to pick a direction and stick to it.. You either:
A) Trade the pick for a guy like Butler and play for now
B) Keep the pick(s) and develop for the future

I just don't see how its realistic that we draft either Ball or Fultz and then turn around and pay IT a 5 year max next season. Just do the math, by the time IT's contract is up those two would have been in the league for 6 seasons. If either of these two are the projected superstars that every analyst says they might be you don't sign IT long term if you end up drafting one.
On the contrary you don't keep the pick if you plan on signing IT long term.

I strongly believe no trade happens, we draft Ball, and IT signs elsewhere when his contract is up. IT is helping the garden sell out, he is keeping the Celtics relevant, as fans I don't think we'll mind in two years when it's time to pass the torch to Ball or Fultz and we start watching the next generation Celtics team take over with the following core:

Jaylen
Smart
Ball/Fultz
2018 mystery man #1 pick
Yabusele/Zizic

all the while Cleveland starts to fall apart and get "old", Philly becomes a power house, and Golden State realizes they can't afford their stacked team of superstars anymore.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:37:14 AM by jbpats »