Poll

If Danny doesn't make a move by the Trade Deadline. How disappointed will you be

Disappointed
18 (19.4%)
Very Disappointed and Danny does not know what he is doing
10 (10.8%)
In Danny We Trust
39 (41.9%)
Not making a move at this moment is the best move
26 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: If Danny doesn't make a move by the Trade Deadline. How disappointed will you be  (Read 12277 times)

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
At least we didn't make an awful trade like kings to philly

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I cant even begin to describe how disappointed.

Danny has always insisted that hes spent all these years collectibg assets in the hope a chance comes up to make a deal for a big name star.

He had for big name stars made available this deadline along with multiple other quality players and he s did nothing.  Absolutely nothing.

Im sick to death of draft picks.  Im tired of hearing the [dang] words.  I dont care about then over bit.  I'm not interested in waiting for 3 or 4 years for some teenage hot shot to develop into a useful player,  while our current stars age and we continue to pile up early playoff exits.

Ainge is great at collecting assets, he's proven that.   He's clearly completely incapable of doing anything with them once he has them.  Time for him to move aside and let somebody who has some balls do his job for him.

Disappointed too, but... We still have the summer to make moves. And if we signed Hayward, and then traded for lets say someone like PG13.

It would negate the loss of assets of Crowder or Bradley/Smart.

Please god, not freaking Hayward.  For the love of God Danny...give that guy $26M+ and I just might put a bullet in my head.

That is a totally reasonable stance to take  ::)
I'm bitter.

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
we should have made a minor move for a rebounder.. all these picks and we needed to use one or two for a solid rebounder

Yeah we should have at least made a trade for Tucker or Bogut. Good god

definitely a mistake

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It depends what other moves are made around the league.  I'll be a little disappointed if someone like PJ Tucker goes elsewhere for a second rounder or two.  We're playing with house money this season, but it's a good enough team that it deserves some improvements around the edges to give the team the best chance to have post-season success.

I guess I'm only supposed to feel a little disappointed.  Feeling a little bit more than that right now, but I think I will try to ratchet it down a notch.

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
I'm happy to let it ride with our No. 2 seed, top-3 rookie pick, top-4 2017 pick, potential top-4 2018 pick, extremely favorable contracts and cap space, and future legendary / current top-5 coach Brad Stevens.

"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
But it is time to get something done. Have to hit on the draft pick and pray something stupid does not happen ala Tim Duncan.

That pick has to be in the top 3 for Boston. And they need to add legit players with the cap space. No more scrap heap players like Zeller, Amir, Gerald Green or Young

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
we should have made a minor move for a rebounder.. all these picks and we needed to use one or two for a solid rebounder

Yeah we should have at least made a trade for Tucker or Bogut. Good god

edit: buyouts happen

we werent winning this season anyway, realistically, so no reason for a rental
definitely a mistake
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
It depends what other moves are made around the league.  I'll be a little disappointed if someone like PJ Tucker goes elsewhere for a second rounder or two.  We're playing with house money this season, but it's a good enough team that it deserves some improvements around the edges to give the team the best chance to have post-season success.

I guess I'm only supposed to feel a little disappointed.  Feeling a little bit more than that right now, but I think I will try to ratchet it down a notch.

My sentiments exactly.  Once we get back to our winning ways in the 2nd half, focus will shift back to the enjoyment of having a competitive team with improving prospects. 

(repeat 10x)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
SO Disappointed!  :-(
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

We knew this could happen

Danny/CBS are too attached to their players.. have top picks coming up

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I cant even begin to describe how disappointed.

Danny has always insisted that hes spent all these years collectibg assets in the hope a chance comes up to make a deal for a big name star.

He had for big name stars made available this deadline along with multiple other quality players and he s did nothing.  Absolutely nothing.

Im sick to death of draft picks.  Im tired of hearing the [dang] words.  I dont care about then over bit.  I'm not interested in waiting for 3 or 4 years for some teenage hot shot to develop into a useful player,  while our current stars age and we continue to pile up early playoff exits.

Ainge is great at collecting assets, he's proven that.   He's clearly completely incapable of doing anything with them once he has them.  Time for him to move aside and let somebody who has some balls do his job for him.

Yeah, we need someone with the balls to, say, trade the 5th pick for an aging Ray Allen in the hopes that it makes KG want to come here

It's one thing to be mad at Danny when a deal actually happened that he could have been a part of (like the Boogie deal), but it's another to start calling for his job when we don't even know if the other team was actually considering trading their star.  For all we know Bird had no intent to make a trade, but everyone's first reaction is just to say Danny was unreasonable and call for his job (despite him putting us in a position that any other fan base, short of the Cavs and Warriors, would kill to be in).

Did you even consider the possibility that maybe Bird was the unreasonable one overvaluing his asset? (Not saying it was, because we don't know, just trying to point out the WE DON'T KNOW part)

They could have had cousins, Danny didn't do a thing. Now he joined Anthony Davis in NO to form the best front court we've seen since I don't know...maybe the best front court in history.   Now there's another team to potentially compete with us for free agent interest, since anybody with a brain knows that team is a couple of parts away from a contender.

They could have had ibaka for nothing - he would have made us significantly better and improved our odds of beating a beaten and bruised Cavs team.  Instead he went to Toronto, so now we probably won't even see the Cavs because the raptors will murder us. Why doesn't we get him?  Doesn't want to include rozier.   Those critical 9 minutes a game,  you know.

We could have had Butler but Ainge refused to include the awe inspiring role player that is Joe Crowder.  Now if we do play Cleveland again, we can watch while Lebron single handedly dismantles us while Crowder looks around with a bewildered look on his face not knowing what to do,  because everybody in the world know that for Lebron,  Crowder is just an annoyong little fly waiting to get swatted.

We likely could have had Carmelo for next to nothing, but Danny apparently want interested.  Because we needed to hold off on these moves so we could maintain cap flexibility.   Why?  Because Danny decided it was genius to commit $26m+ to a 30 year old Al Horford who continues to dissapoint on a daily basis like everybody with half a brain knew he would after his complete disappearance all of last year  - especially the playoffs. Now we're stuck with him for 3 more years.

If we doesn't have Horford on that ludicrous deal we could easily trade for anybody we wanted and still have max space to go after any free a agent we want.

But Danny doesn't want to give up anything.   He gets one or two bargain deals,  and now he won't do anything at all unless it involves completely ripping off another team and getting gold in return for paper.

Its total BS.

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
I'm happy to let it ride with our No. 2 seed, top-3 rookie pick, top-4 2017 pick, potential top-4 2018 pick, extremely favorable contracts and cap space, and future legendary / current top-5 coach Brad Stevens.

Yep let's keep those picks coming.

In tgree years when Thomas is 30 and Horford is 33 and barely worthy of 6Th man minutes,  maybe those 19 years old will have become good enough to start.

Sigh.

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

Ainge seems obsessed with fleecing teams...that's the problem.

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

Ainge seems obsessed with fleecing teams...that's the problem.

Its pathetic.

No wonder no team apparently wants to deal with him.   I wouldn't want to either.

So what if he had assets?  The guy won't move any of them,  so what difference does it make?

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Bummer to be you Crimson...

I love that we didn't do anything. We are the #2 seed in the east (and have dealt with some injuries), we have great young talent (here and overseas), a well-balanced cap, and have two more super-high lottery picks on the way. I really couldn't ask for anything more.

I would have been super-bummed if we traded Brown, Smart, AB, and the BKN pick for George (and his 1+ year deal). Everything is still awesome in Celtic land!!

Oh, and even though Horford hasn't been flashy (and has missed some key lay-ups), his presence has absolutely improved our team. You couldn't ask for a better professional to join our team. We are really lucky.