Poll

If Danny doesn't make a move by the Trade Deadline. How disappointed will you be

Disappointed
18 (19.4%)
Very Disappointed and Danny does not know what he is doing
10 (10.8%)
In Danny We Trust
39 (41.9%)
Not making a move at this moment is the best move
26 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: If Danny doesn't make a move by the Trade Deadline. How disappointed will you be  (Read 12215 times)

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I have learned with Ainge...he likes to collect "assests" rather than use them. Guys like Amir and Zeller were signed to be used in times like this week.

I do not expect one move. I do not expect the C's to trade those picks...or any of them. I expect them to draft a really good guard in the draft to add to their glut of guards. I expect a bunch of draft and stash guys with the other picks they have in this draft

From there I hope they can lure another big piece in FA...this team as it stands will not beat Cleveland...they will win maybe 2 games but no more vs them

If the C's are a one and done in the playoffs...it will force Danny to shake up the roster. Can't go three years in a row and not win a series with the same guys on your team. Tired of being "close". Need to make the move to the next level soon

Yeah it's infuriating. We could have had Myles Turner in the draft. Who knows what we're leaving on the table in these deadlines that pass with absolutely nothing happening. The Assets it turns out are worthless..

Brown, Zizic and Yabu are worthless.  :o
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I have learned with Ainge...he likes to collect "assests" rather than use them. Guys like Amir and Zeller were signed to be used in times like this week.

I do not expect one move. I do not expect the C's to trade those picks...or any of them. I expect them to draft a really good guard in the draft to add to their glut of guards. I expect a bunch of draft and stash guys with the other picks they have in this draft

From there I hope they can lure another big piece in FA...this team as it stands will not beat Cleveland...they will win maybe 2 games but no more vs them

If the C's are a one and done in the playoffs...it will force Danny to shake up the roster. Can't go three years in a row and not win a series with the same guys on your team. Tired of being "close". Need to make the move to the next level soon

Yeah it's infuriating. We could have had Myles Turner in the draft. Who knows what we're leaving on the table in these deadlines that pass with absolutely nothing happening. The Assets it turns out are worthless..

Do you have a source on that?  "Danny wasn't willing to give up assets to move up" isn't really a valid criticism in a draft where he tried to trade 4 picks to move up 7 slots

Who knows if we're leaving ANY deals on the table at the trade deadline? Why is the only possible option that Danny is letting possible trades for superstars pass him by?

The assets are not worthless.  The fact that there are even discussions about trading a star like Butler for a package based around one of our picks should tell you that they're not
I'm bitter.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Except when of course he trades those assets in the past.  That's how the team got Ray and KG. 

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Wouldn't say they are worthless...but at some point you must do something with them. You can only draft and stash for so long. The other option is build through the draft and develop your own players. Not sure you can win like that now with these mega teams popping up

And again...if the plan is to nab a max player in the offseason, then that has to happen. This roster as it is constructed cannot with the East. They have to do something with the glut of small guards..esp if you are going to draft another 6'4 guard in the draft.

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Except when of course he trades those assets in the past.  That's how the team got Ray and KG.

And I think that is what we have all been waiting on..one of those deals that makes Boston a legit contender again.

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
I won't be disappointed at all. I trust that Danny has the best interest of this franchise in mind during negotiations. I feel no need to make a trade to just to make a trade. I vividly remember the times before Danny arrived so I'm not as quick with the hatred as some others around here. I'm sure Ainge could go get the equivalent of Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers if he wanted to, but we need a BIG TIME player if we want a chance at winning it all this season. I've lived through enough crappy trades that were made just to keep the fanbase happy to know it doesn't work. If there are no reasonable deals to be had, I'm glad to know that Danny won't force it.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Not to mention the plethora of high Nets draft picks, a gift that keeps on giving.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Is Danny going to do anything?? Lol

Another 4 draft picks addition for next season?

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I don't mind not making a move.

Sure, we need to shore up our rebounding but if it's going to significantly cost us assets, maybe it's not the right time.

Besides, if we aren't able to move the '17 Brooklyn pick, there's a high chance that that turns into Fultz/Ball/Josh Jackson/Tatum. If becomes the #1 or #2 pick, it will be even more valuable. So I don't mind the waiting game.

I really wish we shore up the rebounding though. I guess we could just cut a player and try out some D-Leaguers that can rebound?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Is Danny going to do anything?? Lol

Another 4 draft picks addition for next season?

Four more gritty guards who can't shoot.

Mark it down.

LOL.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Not that disappointed. The team is in a good position long term and there are very few moves that could put the team in a good enough position short term to compete with the Cavs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Not very. We will still have a good team and opportunities to improve the roster in the future via trade, draft or FA.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
What's disappointing is not getting a rebounder. He's passed up a dozen opportunities since last year's trade deadline. Yet he says he thinks it's the team's biggest need. He certainly doesn't act that way.

Does Stevens know how to coach a rebounder?

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Ball/Fultz 18'

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Fire Danny Ainge
Jack of all trades, master of none.