Poll

If Danny doesn't make a move by the Trade Deadline. How disappointed will you be

Disappointed
18 (19.4%)
Very Disappointed and Danny does not know what he is doing
10 (10.8%)
In Danny We Trust
39 (41.9%)
Not making a move at this moment is the best move
26 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: If Danny doesn't make a move by the Trade Deadline. How disappointed will you be  (Read 12213 times)

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I won't be disappointed beyond what I already am. Cousins is a top ten talent that went cheap. The C's should have scooped him up. When a top guy gets traded for peanuts and DA doesn't pounce I feel like he is lying to us fans. If they want to build through the draft then come out and say it. If they want to compete for a trip to ECF or finals then make moves. This sitting in the middle is bs. They signed Horford for what exactly, to show they can overpay a guy or to try and get fans to literally buy in? The C's have a lot of explaining to do.

Uh ... what?  Why?

Why the heck would you want a professional sports team general manager to do his job that way?

You want him to play the game with all his cards exposed to the public?  Why? To make your insecure self feel better?  That's ridiculous.   That's not his job.   His job is to make the team better than the other teams.  And managing information is a huge part of how GMs gain advantage over each other.

Danny is playing a massive poker game that involves 29 other players with multi-million dollar stakes.  He is not going to play that game with his cards face up on the table just to make some impatient fans feel better.

Agreed.

Also the idea that we are "sitting in the middle" is absurd.

In each of the last 4 years we have simultaneously improved our winning percentage and dramatically improved the value of our draft assets.

We have the 2nd best record in the conference. We have the league's best chances at the #1 pick in the draft in both 2017 and 2018. And we can also sign a max free agent this summer.

We aren't sitting in the middle. We are getting better on both ends of the "win now vs. rebuild" spectrum at the same time. Big difference.
Let me know when they win a playoff series. Also they struggle against 90% of the league. They aren't good just above average.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Bulpett was on Sports Tonight--and he basically said that he believes Danny doesn't want to tie up free agency money (on a trade now), because he has someone in mind this coming off-season.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
We're going to get a Troy Murphy type transaction lol.

And many here (including myself) are expecting the likes of Carmelo Anthony, Jimmy Butler, Paul George, and DeMarcus Cousins to walk through that door.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Trust the PROCESS

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
If Ainge can bring in Melo for expirings and a non Nets Pick and 2nd rounders then I would support it. The Celtics need scoring.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I won't be disappointed beyond what I already am. Cousins is a top ten talent that went cheap. The C's should have scooped him up. When a top guy gets traded for peanuts and DA doesn't pounce I feel like he is lying to us fans. If they want to build through the draft then come out and say it. If they want to compete for a trip to ECF or finals then make moves. This sitting in the middle is bs. They signed Horford for what exactly, to show they can overpay a guy or to try and get fans to literally buy in? The C's have a lot of explaining to do.

Uh ... what?  Why?

Why the heck would you want a professional sports team general manager to do his job that way?

You want him to play the game with all his cards exposed to the public?  Why? To make your insecure self feel better?  That's ridiculous.   That's not his job.   His job is to make the team better than the other teams.  And managing information is a huge part of how GMs gain advantage over each other.

Danny is playing a massive poker game that involves 29 other players with multi-million dollar stakes.  He is not going to play that game with his cards face up on the table just to make some impatient fans feel better.

Agreed.

Also the idea that we are "sitting in the middle" is absurd.

In each of the last 4 years we have simultaneously improved our winning percentage and dramatically improved the value of our draft assets.

We have the 2nd best record in the conference. We have the league's best chances at the #1 pick in the draft in both 2017 and 2018. And we can also sign a max free agent this summer.

We aren't sitting in the middle. We are getting better on both ends of the "win now vs. rebuild" spectrum at the same time. Big difference.

That is not accurate.

We don't yet have any information about where the 2018 pick will be.  All we know is that the Nets aren't going to be a good team.  Whether they finish with the worst record or the 4th or 5th worst record - we won't have the faintest clue until about 10 months from now.

This is why I can assure you this year's brooklyn pick has more value then the 2018 pick.  Because Brooklyn do have the worst record, and there's no sign of it improving.  Next year's pick will probably be similarly good, but we don't know that yet.

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Bulpett was on Sports Tonight--and he basically said that he believes Danny doesn't want to tie up free agency money (on a trade now), because he has someone in mind this coming off-season.

Awesome, we can miss out on Hayward just like we missed out on Durant last season.

Or we can sign Hayward and have $30M a year (for the next 4-5 years) committed to a borderline star, just like we did this year with Horford.

Win-Win.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Feels like unless Danny can rip off someone he wont make a deal.... Just like rumors that , the Butler trade is stalled bc he wont include Crowder. How can CBS start them all anyways?

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Awesome, we can miss out on Hayward just like we missed out on Durant last season.

Or we can sign Hayward and have $30M a year (for the next 4-5 years) committed to a borderline star, just like we did this year with Horford.

Win-Win.

LOL. Especially since Hayward plays the same position as our beloved rookie Brown, who the organization is supposedly "really high on". We can't lose in FA, get ready for FIREWORKS...

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Win-Win.

LOL. Especially since Hayward plays the same position as our beloved rookie Brown, who the organization is supposedly "really high on". We can't lose in FA, get ready for FIREWORKS...

Yeah. It would be cheaper to buy Stevens a blanket, if he needs a pinky.

Not to mention the mental anguish inflicted on TGJB Fan Club.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Not disappointed at all. I'd like to see them make BOTH Nets picks over the next two summers, honestly. Doubt they will, but there's no reason to rush.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I have learned with Ainge...he likes to collect "assests" rather than use them. Guys like Amir and Zeller were signed to be used in times like this week.

I do not expect one move. I do not expect the C's to trade those picks...or any of them. I expect them to draft a really good guard in the draft to add to their glut of guards. I expect a bunch of draft and stash guys with the other picks they have in this draft

From there I hope they can lure another big piece in FA...this team as it stands will not beat Cleveland...they will win maybe 2 games but no more vs them

If the C's are a one and done in the playoffs...it will force Danny to shake up the roster. Can't go three years in a row and not win a series with the same guys on your team. Tired of being "close". Need to make the move to the next level soon

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I have learned with Ainge...he likes to collect "assests" rather than use them. Guys like Amir and Zeller were signed to be used in times like this week.

I do not expect one move. I do not expect the C's to trade those picks...or any of them. I expect them to draft a really good guard in the draft to add to their glut of guards. I expect a bunch of draft and stash guys with the other picks they have in this draft

From there I hope they can lure another big piece in FA...this team as it stands will not beat Cleveland...they will win maybe 2 games but no more vs them

If the C's are a one and done in the playoffs...it will force Danny to shake up the roster. Can't go three years in a row and not win a series with the same guys on your team. Tired of being "close". Need to make the move to the next level soon

Yeah it's infuriating. We could have had Myles Turner in the draft. Who knows what we're leaving on the table in these deadlines that pass with absolutely nothing happening. The Assets it turns out are worthless..

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I chose IDWT. Had there been an option for "small, non-transformative trade that fills in the gaps," that would be my first choice.

Mike

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Win-Win.

I'll take trying for Hayward/Griffin over 2 months and a couple playoff series worth of Butler/George and no chance at Hayward/Griffin.  It's not like we can't trade for Butler/George after free agency ends, all that you lose is a single playoff run (where you didn't have a shot at winning a championship anyway)
I'm bitter.