Poll

If Danny doesn't make a move by the Trade Deadline. How disappointed will you be

Disappointed
6 (18.2%)
Very Disappointed and Danny does not know what he is doing
3 (9.1%)
In Danny We Trust
16 (48.5%)
Not making a move right now is the best move
8 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: If Danny doesn't make a move by the Trade Deadline. How disappointed will you be  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
thoughts?

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
I am kind of torn. on one hand, I would hate to give away a pick that could potentially be #1 and be a superstar.

On the other hand, you already have a guy who is #2 in the league in scoring and your pick you can only "hope" is as good as Thomas/whom you are trading for. and by signing Horford ainge clearly indicates we are going all in.

The main question is, say we get George or Butler or even Melo. does that put us on level with the Cavs in a seven game series? And if so, how about the warriors?

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
should add an option for 'surprised' rather than 'disappointed'.  that's the box I would check. 

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Well I voted "not making move = best move", but I want a small addition.

Like Bogut or PJ Tucker. Love O'Quinn too but idk if he's being targeted at all by the C's.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Goes without saying, but how about we merge these identical threads?

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I trust Danny; he's earned it.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I'm fine with whatever he does as long as he doesn't overpay. I have a gut feeling that pick is going to produce a great NBA player, perhaps even better than the one we would give it up for.

But we are a very good team now on the cusp of being great and I wouldn't mind Ainge making a run, for the right price.

Two smaller pieces for cheap would be good by me also.

DA is smart enough to make the right decision. We don't know the actual asking prices, so if no deal is made, I trust the price was too high.
CELTICS 2024

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I hope we get a rebounder on a expiring contract

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'm with Greenenvy... fine with whatever Danny does as long as he doesn't overpay.  I won't be dissapointed at all if we don't get a star.  Hopefully we can get a decent rebounder/defender of some caliber though.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Id much rather him do nothing than overpay.  If Chicago, Indy and Detroit want to be perrenial 6-8 seeds, that's on them

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Id much rather him do nothing than overpay.  If Chicago, Indy and Detroit want to be perrenial 6-8 seeds, that's on them

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I think only Drummond could get us past LeBron ......but if we have to give up half the core .....then we are back to square one .

Might just be better off drafting Fultz ,  see what Brown and Zizic bring next year.

We could use Boget to give us a chance against Raptors

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Major move- not that disappointed. I'd rather not move a BKN 17 or 18 pick, which I think is necessary to get a stud. I think the Cousins yield was an outlier. Would be wild if he signs elsewhere.

Minor move- a little disappointed. I'm expecting Danny to get some rebounding for the playoff push. Bogut, Trevor Booker, Tyson Chandler, and Taj Gibson interest me.

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I would prefer to stay the course, so I choose not to make a move.  The future is incredibly bright in Boston and as I posted in another thread I think this upcoming free agency period will be our big telling point.  We could add a max free agent and a top 4 pick to our current core of veterans and improving young players.

I do trust Danny to make the right moves, and considering how much both he and Stevens have talked about building a team that can compete for the long term I don't see us making any drastic moves.

Future looks good and I don't want to derail the hype train!

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It depends what other moves are made around the league.  I'll be a little disappointed if someone like PJ Tucker goes elsewhere for a second rounder or two.  We're playing with house money this season, but it's a good enough team that it deserves some improvements around the edges to give the team the best chance to have post-season success.

EDIT: There are two of these threads apparently.