Author Topic: Stein - Executive said "Boston is going to get George this week"  (Read 12116 times)

Re: Stein - Executive said "Boston is going to get George this week"
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2017, 10:12:05 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I wonder if we could flip Rozier and the 2019 LAC 1st to suck Philly into this deal, they supply Okafor to essentially replace Brown needing to be included. The deal turns into:

Boston receives: George, Ellis

Philly receives: Rozier, 2019 LAC 1st

Indy receives: Johnson, Bradley, Zeller, Okafor, the rights to Nader, 2017 BKN 1st (top 1 protected), 2018 BOS 1st, 2019 MEM 1st, 2017 MIN 2nd, 2017 LAC 2nd, 2019 DET 2nd

I know that's a lot to give up, but I'd be willing to cash out for George. Indy gets a prospect in Okafor, the 2017 BKN pick, a starter in Bradley, and sheds the Ellis contract. Oh and a D-League All-Star..! Not to mention they load up big with 6 picks over 3 years to jump start their rebuild.

Roster looks like:

Thomas/Smart/Jackson
George/Ellis/Green
Crowder/Brown/Young
Horford/Jerebko
Olynyk/Mickey

You forgot to include Danny's left nut.

Yeah that's what you give up for Anthony Davis maybe... That's a whole lot to give up for one player who is a year and a half from a horrible  injury. 4 1st round picks possible #2 pick and 2 rotation players and 3 seconds. We didn't give this up for Ray Allen and KG combined and does that get us a championship? Plus now Danny only has one nut left...

half a nut? give Danny a break.

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2017, 10:21:21 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I think a trade package including Amir Johnson/Jae Crowder/Terry Rozier/Brooklyn '17 & '18 (while it it would be a tough pill to swallow would be something Indy would embrace and Boston would embrace too).

We have a log jam at wing position so Rozier is expendable. Jae gives them a cost controlled building block veteran. Brooklyn picks allow them to build with likely the greatest odds of getting the #1 seed in the next 2 drafts.

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2017, 10:57:02 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
It'll be great to get George.  Fingers crossed.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2017, 11:03:21 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think a trade package including Amir Johnson/Jae Crowder/Terry Rozier/Brooklyn '17 & '18 (while it it would be a tough pill to swallow would be something Indy would embrace and Boston would embrace too).

We have a log jam at wing position so Rozier is expendable. Jae gives them a cost controlled building block veteran. Brooklyn picks allow them to build with likely the greatest odds of getting the #1 seed in the next 2 drafts.

That's the kind of package that can't be refused for George, Butler or Drummond. The question is whether Ainge would ever offer it.

I'd like to see those two Nets picks split up and go for Drummond and either George or Butler, if possible. That would make Lebron crap in his pants.  :laugh:

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2017, 11:10:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
It'll be great to get George.  Fingers crossed.
dont count on it.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2017, 11:14:09 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
No trades, please.
We are winning without them.