Author Topic: Stein - Executive said "Boston is going to get George this week"  (Read 12053 times)

Re: Stein - Executive said "Boston is going to get George this week"
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 07:22:13 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I wonder if we could flip Rozier and the 2019 LAC 1st to suck Philly into this deal, they supply Okafor to essentially replace Brown needing to be included. The deal turns into:

Boston receives: George, Ellis

Philly receives: Rozier, 2019 LAC 1st

Indy receives: Johnson, Bradley, Zeller, Okafor, the rights to Nader, 2017 BKN 1st (top 1 protected), 2018 BOS 1st, 2019 MEM 1st, 2017 MIN 2nd, 2017 LAC 2nd, 2019 DET 2nd

I know that's a lot to give up, but I'd be willing to cash out for George. Indy gets a prospect in Okafor, the 2017 BKN pick, a starter in Bradley, and sheds the Ellis contract. Oh and a D-League All-Star..! Not to mention they load up big with 6 picks over 3 years to jump start their rebuild.

Roster looks like:

Thomas/Smart/Jackson
George/Ellis/Green
Crowder/Brown/Young
Horford/Jerebko
Olynyk/Mickey
The part about protecting the 2017 pick make no sense.  So if it's the top pick then they get nothing in it's place?

Anyway, I would be surprised if we can put any protections on it at all (since we don't actually own it).  More than likely we'd have to trade our pick or not, and then they could use it to swap with brooklyn. 

Either, both of the brooklyn picks plus bradley seems too steep for me.  One brooklyn pick plus bradley seems fine.

We would actually conduct the pick swap with BKN immediately, allowing us to institute protections.

Mike

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 07:23:36 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I wonder if we could flip Rozier and the 2019 LAC 1st to suck Philly into this deal, they supply Okafor to essentially replace Brown needing to be included. The deal turns into:

Indy receives: Johnson, Bradley, Zeller, Okafor, the rights to Nader, 2017 BKN 1st (top 1 protected), 2018 BOS 1st, 2019 MEM 1st, 2017 MIN 2nd, 2017 LAC 2nd, 2019 DET 2nd

I know that's a lot to give up, but I'd be willing to cash out for George. Indy gets a prospect in Okafor, the 2017 BKN pick, a starter in Bradley, and sheds the Ellis contract. Oh and a D-League All-Star..! Not to mention they load up big with 6 picks over 3 years to jump start their rebuild.

Roster looks like:

Thomas/Smart/Jackson
George/Ellis/Green
Crowder/Brown/Young
Horford/Jerebko
Olynyk/Mickey
The part about protecting the 2017 pick make no sense.  So if it's the top pick then they get nothing in it's place?

Anyway, I would be surprised if we can put any protections on it at all (since we don't actually own it).  More than likely we'd have to trade our pick or not, and then they could use it to swap with brooklyn. 

Either, both of the brooklyn picks plus bradley seems too steep for me.  One brooklyn pick plus bradley seems fine.

Sorry, it would then turn into the BKN 18 unprotected. You can protect aquired picks now: https://www.nesn.com/2017/02/nba-rumors-celtics-now-can-protect-nets-first-round-picks-in-trades/

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 07:25:26 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Roster looks like:

Thomas/Smart/Jackson
George/Ellis/Green
Crowder/Brown/Young
Horford/Jerebko
Olynyk/Mickey

We would actually conduct the pick swap with BKN immediately, allowing us to institute protections.

Mike
Not sure what you're saying.  And still doesn't say anything about the replacement in case we do end up at #1.  No team will make that deal unless that pick becomes something else in the event that it is not transferred this year.

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 07:26:54 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
We can only hope the executive was Larry Bird.

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 07:28:48 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

Roster looks like:

Thomas/Smart/Jackson
George/Ellis/Green
Crowder/Brown/Young
Horford/Jerebko
Olynyk/Mickey

Mike
Not sure what you're saying.  And still doesn't say anything about the replacement in case we do end up at #1.  No team will make that deal unless that pick becomes something else in the event that it is not transferred this year.

I think you missed my reply above. 

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2017, 07:34:37 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I heard today they were in on Okafor in order to keep PG.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2017, 07:37:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Makes total sense. Lol

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 08:38:46 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
As most have said, I don't buy it.

But I do hope this is Ainge's Plan A for the next couple of days. Of everyone who is/had been talked about as possibly available, George is the guy I'd want the most.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:01:51 PM by Big333223 »
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 08:41:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Makes total sense. Lol

Trading away a 2017 first rounder in a draft like this for Okafor at this point feels like a moronic move.

Yes, Okafor is a former #3 pick himself, but it's not like Okafor is threading the needle for the Pacers if he goes there. And there's a reason he's more available than Noel in trades..
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 08:49:43 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Makes total sense. Lol

Trading away a 2017 first rounder in a draft like this for Okafor at this point feels like a moronic move.

Yes, Okafor is a former #3 pick himself, but it's not like Okafor is threading the needle for the Pacers if he goes there. And there's a reason he's more available than Noel in trades..

The draft isn't full of talented, interior-oriented bigs.  It's not inconceivable that Okafor could be as good as any big in the 18-20 range where Indiana will pick, and perhaps much better if they can get him back to where he was before he was shut down last spring.

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 09:00:33 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Roster looks like:

Thomas/Smart/Jackson
George/Ellis/Green
Crowder/Brown/Young
Horford/Jerebko
Olynyk/Mickey

You forgot to include Danny's left nut.   
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 09:04:38 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
paul george just seems like he would fit so perfectly on this team

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 09:14:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Roster looks like:

Thomas/Smart/Jackson
George/Ellis/Green
Crowder/Brown/Young
Horford/Jerebko
Olynyk/Mickey

You forgot to include Danny's left nut.

Yeah that's what you give up for Anthony Davis maybe... That's a whole lot to give up for one player who is a year and a half from a horrible  injury. 4 1st round picks possible #2 pick and 2 rotation players and 3 seconds. We didn't give this up for Ray Allen and KG combined and does that get us a championship? Plus now Danny only has one nut left...

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 09:38:28 PM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Where Indiana would be picking is not a bad price to pay to PG if you are Larry Bird.

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 10:00:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Roster looks like:

Thomas/Smart/Jackson
George/Ellis/Green
Crowder/Brown/Young
Horford/Jerebko
Olynyk/Mickey

How exactly do you plan to beat the team they will assemble with that cache you are giving them?