Author Topic: My Idea for a trade with Blake griffin  (Read 1925 times)

My Idea for a trade with Blake griffin
« on: February 21, 2017, 04:09:15 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
You guys are not going to like this. Chris Paul has reportedly given verbal agreement that he will resign with the clippers. This is great for the clippers because it means they keep their guy. However, they are really in a win now mode. This trio of Blake griffin ,Deandre and Chris Paul is really not working. They are constantly injured. It never seems to be their year. I think it is because of the way the team was constructed. CP3 is a big playmaker. Blake is a huge playmaker. Deandre and Blake both love to work in the paint. Deandre cannot play outside the paint. Things are not working and it is time for a rebuild.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zx258f7

An olynyk  Deandre front court is perfect. Olynyk spaces the floor. He is young and cheap. Deandre makes up for olynyk's poor rebounding and defense. AB and Crowder give them stunning perimeter defense. Imagine CP3, AB and Crowder defending as a trio. ZDeandre in the paint waiting to swat the ball away. That is a fun team.CP3 can be the amazing playmaker we all know he is. He will have 3  3-point threats to pass to in olynyk,AB and crowder. Another huge factor is this move would save them money so they can sign a good bench.

For the Celtics it gives us a star. It solves our rebounding issue.It keeps all Brooklyn picks.It keeps our future.It even allows us to sign another max or near max player. Bradley and Jae crowder are becoming less important with the emergence of Jaylen and smart. There value is high right now. We should cash it in.

Clippers give us a first round pick
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: My Idea for a trade with Blake griffin
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 04:18:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Horrible trade. We give up three of our top 6 players for a guy that can bolt at season's end. I am also pretty sure his cap hold is so high it would not allow us cap space to sign a max level free agent in the off season.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 04:22:40 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
You guys are not going to like this. Chris Paul has reportedly given verbal agreement that he will resign with the clippers. This is great for the clippers because it means they keep their guy. However, they are really in a win now mode. This trio of Blake griffin ,Deandre and Chris Paul is really not working. They are constantly injured. It never seems to be their year. I think it is because of the way the team was constructed. CP3 is a big playmaker. Blake is a huge playmaker. Deandre and Blake both love to work in the paint. Deandre cannot play outside the paint. Things are not working and it is time for a rebuild.

An olynyk  Deandre front court is perfect. Olynyk spaces the floor. He is young and cheap. Deandre makes up for olynyk's poor rebounding and defense. AB and Crowder give them stunning perimeter defense. Imagine CP3, AB and Crowder defending as a trio. ZDeandre in the paint waiting to swat the ball away. That is a fun team.CP3 can be the amazing playmaker we all know he is. He will have 3  3-point threats to pass to in olynyk,AB and crowder. Another huge factor is this move would save them money so they can sign a good bench.

For the Celtics it gives us a star. It solves our rebounding issue.It keeps all Brooklyn picks.It keeps our future.It even allows us to sign another max or near max player. Bradley and Jae crowder are becoming less important with the emergence of Jaylen and smart. There value is high right now. We should cash it in.

I don't think the Clippers would do the trade even without the draft pick.  Once again people aren't going to trade star players without getting more value (unless you're the Kings).  Bradley would be a 1 year player and KO is a FA after this year. So the Clips would be getting Crowder and 1 year of Bradley for Griffin, who by all accounts wants to resign with LA and you think they'd also give us a pick??????   

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 04:23:58 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Im sitting here reading this like "man this would totally work. Very good layout for the new Clippers."
#JKJB

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 05:03:35 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131

I don't think the Clippers would do the trade even without the draft pick.  Once again people aren't going to trade star players without getting more value (unless you're the Kings).  Bradley would be a 1 year player and KO is a FA after this year. So the Clips would be getting Crowder and 1 year of Bradley for Griffin, who by all accounts wants to resign with LA and you think they'd also give us a pick??????   

My argument to that would be that the clippers are not going to win with this roster. They have been going at  it as a team for their 6th year. The team consistently does well in the regular season and then consistently never makes the finals. This team needs a bench. The stats show that Blake griffin and Chris Paul don't play great together because they are both playmakers. They both need the ball in their hands. This trade keeps them competitive and gives them a bench. If they want to keep winning  and go no where they should stand pat. However, if they want a shot at the championship without blowing up this is their best shot.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 07:38:02 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm drooling over a chance at getting Blake. I'd go 2017 swap, their pick back, Bradley, Smart as a potential start.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 07:42:56 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I'm drooling over a chance at getting Blake. I'd go 2017 swap, their pick back, Bradley, Smart as a potential start.

That's because you're nuts. That's a massive overpay given age, contract and injury history. Think about what the Kings just got back for Cousins and then modify your deal accordingly.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.