Poll

If the Celtics just made a trade, which of the following should they definitely not trade?

Marcus Smart
Kelly Olynyk
Amir Johnson
Avery Bradley
Al Horford
Jaylen Brown
I wouldn't miss any of them....

Author Topic: If the Celtics just traded ______________. Who would you miss the most?  (Read 3734 times)

Re: If the Celtics just traded ______________. Who would you miss the most?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 07:30:17 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I voted for Jaylen.  I think his potential is to become an all star, and he was practically a gift to us with the Nets pick, would hate to see him traded and reach his potential someplace else.

He has already impressed several big names: LeBron, Jimmy Butler (whom he worked out with in the offseason if I remember correctly) and I think he has already shown the signs of a few go to moves that could make him a go to scorer. 

Smart is a close second, but Jaylen looks like he could be special on both ends of the floor in just a year or two.

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 07:32:08 PM »

Offline sirnastee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Not a solitary one of them.

I am a fan of the jersey. Players come and go.

Cold blooded. While I disagree with your sentiments, I agree with the result. If a move made by Ainge led us to 18, then I don't really care who the players let out the door would be. Some would make me wince more than others, but 18 and 19 and 20 and etc are what matters.

These are the Celtics, let other teams have their star players that put up nutty stats. I will take the banners.

No one who's spent five minutes in the coaching business has "favorite players." One of the biggest no-nos there is.

hahah, because your first name is Coach, doesn't make you a real coach, Bo!  Bo knows Coach!

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 07:34:47 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Not a solitary one of them.

I am a fan of the jersey. Players come and go.

Cold blooded. While I disagree with your sentiments, I agree with the result. If a move made by Ainge led us to 18, then I don't really care who the players let out the door would be. Some would make me wince more than others, but 18 and 19 and 20 and etc are what matters.

These are the Celtics, let other teams have their star players that put up nutty stats. I will take the banners.

No one who's spent five minutes in the coaching business has "favorite players." One of the biggest no-nos there is.

hahah, because your first name is Coach, doesn't make you a real coach, Bo!  Bo knows Coach!

Guess again, Skippy
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 07:35:10 PM »

Offline sirnastee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Avery Bradley.  We have watched him grow up on the C's, and every summer he improves notably in some aspect of his game.  He used to just make mid range jumpers and make baseline cuts early in his career.  Then he solidified his 3 point shooting.  Then he worked on his dribbling.  Then he worked on passing and playmaking.  He is only 6'2 and goes out and gets the most rebounds on the team.  Humble personality and perfect teammate. 

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 07:37:59 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
All my Smart gear ....I d cry.

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2017, 07:46:07 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
I'd really miss AB, the only connection to the old era, haven't seen much of Brown, never really enjoyed watching Smart play.

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 08:16:02 PM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
It's Marcus Smart. Players like him don't come around very often. I feel like Jaylen May have great potential but there is a Jaylen in every draft.

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 08:19:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Smart.

But also Bradley, only because as someone else (@stig) said here, he was the last one of the "old era" (PP34, KG, Doc, etc.). Plus we've witnessed him improve every year and his elite defense is a treat to watch (esp. guarding players like Lilliard/Curry, etc.)

Would be a little sad seeing him go but not as much as Smart though.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 08:37:05 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I chose Smart not because he's the best of the lot, but because I'd hate to have to play against him in the future.

That's all you need is Marcus Smart playing against his old team mates thinking pay back. I'll pass on that.

I'd like to see what Brown matures into, and watch it happen in real time.