Author Topic: Price for Lopez has dropped  (Read 7637 times)

Re: Price for Lopez has dropped
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 01:32:46 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Nets would want a Brooklyn pick back.

I'd rather have given one Brooklyn pick to the Kings for Cousins...but we've seen stupid things happen  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 01:52:24 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
yeah,  i kind of like him.  so much better than anything we have down low.  underrated because of his **** team.

wouldn't give them one of their picks back though.

This exactly...TP.

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 02:05:12 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
A friend of mine brought his twelve year old son to a Nets game and shelled out a lot of money for it.   My friend was a very accomplished high school and college player.  He was looking forward to pointing out the fundamentals to his son.  The next day he was so frustrated telling me about the game since Brook Lopez's heels never left the ground while taking "jump" shots which contradicted what he was trying to teach his rather tall kid.

A bit of a tangent, but I thought it was funny and worth sharing.

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 03:19:20 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
With Magic now running the Lakers, I would not be surprised if they try to get Drummond or Lopez. The Lakers winning teams are traditionally strong in the middle. Guys they trade for or sign as FAs.

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 04:02:06 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
He brings no defense or rebounding. He's fine, but does nothing for us.

And that's the problem with Lopez.  We need a crunch time scorer, a rim protector/shot blocker and a rebound fiend.  None of these describe Lopez.

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2017, 04:11:53 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
He brings no defense or rebounding. He's fine, but does nothing for us.

And that's the problem with Lopez.  We need a crunch time scorer, a rim protector/shot blocker and a rebound fiend.  None of these describe Lopez.

The thing is that the Nets have him playing primarily out by the 3-pt line just like the Celtics like to do. This guy definitely has a much better low post game than Horford or Amir. I think his last game he blocked 8 shots so obviously he can do that. He hits 3's is what the Celts want anyway - and I don't mean the Amir I'm wide open let me take my 3 second preparation and launch the 3 shot. We can't have it both ways - if we want a rebounding big he needs to play near the rim and not the 3-pt line. I think in close half court games Brook can be a real asset down low. JMO

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 04:22:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Per Marc Stein

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine  1m1 minute ago
 The price on Brook Lopez has dropped, league sources say. Instead of two first-rounders, word is Brooklyn would accept a first and a second.

If he keeps getting cheaper maybe I think about that deal.

Nets are desparate

Lopez is slowly becoming ancient technology

They will be lucky to even get a 1st round pick if you ask me

Injury prone
Not a very good shooter
Slow and cant defend out on the perimeter

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Per Marc Stein

The price on Brook Lopez has dropped, league sources say. Instead of two first-rounders, word is Brooklyn would accept a first and a second.

Nets are desparate

Injury prone
Not a very good shooter
Lopez is on his way to a 3rd straight 70+ games played season and 4th in 5 years.  So how is he injury prone?  This is his 1st year shooting 3s but his 3P% is 34.4% while shooting 47.0% overall and 83.5 ft%.  He may not be a "very good shooter" but he certainly is a good shooter. 
He'd be a significant upgrade over Amir.  I certainly wouldn't give up a Nets pick for Lopez but I'd give up our 2018 1st and a 2nd for him.   

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 05:26:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Per Marc Stein

Nets are desparate

Injury prone
Not a very good shooter
Lopez is on his way to a 3rd straight 70+ games played season and 4th in 5 years.  So how is he injury prone?  This is his 1st year shooting 3s but his 3P% is 34.4% while shooting 47.0% overall and 83.5 ft%.  He may not be a "very good shooter" but he certainly is a good shooter. 
He'd be a significant upgrade over Amir. I certainly wouldn't give up a Nets pick for Lopez but I'd give up our 2018 1st and a 2nd for him.   

Yes but not on a CBS system

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2017, 05:27:10 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Not at his salary unless we are clearing Horford. I'm ready to move on from Horford, too many no shows. I'd swap Lopez for Horford right now

Silliest thing on CsBlog this year.

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2017, 05:28:49 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Lopez is on his way to a 3rd straight 70+ games played season and 4th in 5 years.  So how is he injury prone?

Brook Lopez 2011-12 Game Log  5 games

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lopezbr01/gamelog/2012/

Brook Lopez 2013-14 Game Log 17 games

His feet, I get you like the guy but acting like he does not have a history of injury and picking stats that only reinforce that is disingenuous.

The All-Star center broke the fifth metatarsal in his right foot during a Dec. 20 loss to the Sixers. In addition to the surgery to repair that fracture, Lopez underwent a first metatarsal osteotomy designed to "unload and protect the injured area," according to a team release.

"With this procedure, we both fixed the broken bone (fifth metatarsal) in Brook's right foot and repositioned another bone, so that his sole of his foot will bear weight more evenly than before," Nets medical director Dr. Riley Williams III said in a statement. "The repositioning portion of the surgery lessens the stress on the fractured bone, and decreases the likelihood of re-injury in the future."

Lopez is expected to receive clearance to return to the court for offseason workouts.

The sixth-year center previously missed all but five games of the 2011-12 season after breaking the same bone in his right foot twice in quick succession. Back in June, the Stanford product underwent an additional surgery to address a screw that became bent after being implanted during an earlier procedure.

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2014/01/04/brook-lopez-injury-update-foot-surgery-brooklyn-nets

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2017, 05:58:08 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Lopez is on his way to a 3rd straight 70+ games played season and 4th in 5 years.  So how is he injury prone?

Brook Lopez 2011-12 Game Log  5 games

Brook Lopez 2013-14 Game Log 17 games

His feet, I get you like the guy but acting like he does not have a history of injury and picking stats that only reinforce that is disingenuous.

The All-Star center broke the fifth metatarsal in his right foot during a Dec. 20 loss to the Sixers. In addition to the surgery to repair that fracture, Lopez underwent a first metatarsal osteotomy designed to "unload and protect the injured area," according to a team release.

"With this procedure, we both fixed the broken bone (fifth metatarsal) in Brook's right foot and repositioned another bone, so that his sole of his foot will bear weight more evenly than before," Nets medical director Dr. Riley Williams III said in a statement. "The repositioning portion of the surgery lessens the stress on the fractured bone, and decreases the likelihood of re-injury in the future."

Lopez is expected to receive clearance to return to the court for offseason workouts.

The sixth-year center previously missed all but five games of the 2011-12 season after breaking the same bone in his right foot twice in quick succession. Back in June, the Stanford product underwent an additional surgery to address a screw that became bent after being implanted during an earlier procedure.

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2014/01/04/brook-lopez-injury-update-foot-surgery-brooklyn-nets
I don't particularly like Lopez but he would be a significant upgrade over Amir if we could get him relatively cheap.  I know Lopez's injury history but that doesn't make him injury prone.  He's been pretty healthy for the past 2.5 seasons.  Horford has a similar injury history only playing 11 games in 2011-12 and 29 games in 2013-14 because of torn pectoral muscles and Ainge signed him to a 4 year MAX deal.  I don't see anyone on here calling Horford injury prone.   

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't particularly like Lopez but he would be a significant upgrade over Amir if we could get him relatively cheap.  I know Lopez's injury history but that doesn't make him injury prone.  He's been pretty healthy for the past 2.5 seasons.  Horford has a similar injury history only playing 11 games in 2011-12 and 29 games in 2013-14 because of torn pectoral muscles and Ainge signed him to a 4 year MAX deal.  I don't see anyone on here calling Horford injury prone.
A broken chair would be a significant upgrade over Amir, but you don't have to pay a broken chair $22 million per.

Lopez is a guy who has averaged 6 rpg in 30+ minutes twice in his career, and is on track for a career-low 5.2 this year. He also averaged 3.5 DReb in 35 (!!!) mpg in 2010-11. All this while being 7'0, 275 lbs.

How any self-respecting NBA team wants to pay him is beyond me. I would't touch him with a 10-foot pole if the Nets were paying to get rid of him.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2017, 06:16:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I have a coupon for a BK Whopper Value Meal  ....

Do we have a deal?

Or

They can give Celtics a second round pick TO take him

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2017, 06:40:53 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Not at his salary unless we are clearing Horford. I'm ready to move on from Horford, too many no shows. I'd swap Lopez for Horford right now

Silliest thing on CsBlog this year.

Not as ridiculous as Horfords play to what he gets paid.