Author Topic: KC Johnson: Bulls "Rebuffing" Trade Offers For Butler (Deal Unlikely)  (Read 2397 times)

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
https://mobile.twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/834076844244754433?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Fresh out of the oven, another Butler rumor!

See normally I would take this and end any hopes, but the thing is, Cousins wasn't supposed to be available at all Saturday at 3PM.

Saturday 11PM he gets traded for not so much...

But I imagine Bulls truly want a godfather package and Ainge is obviously saying no, so I doubt anything happens here.

Probably PJ Tucker or Bogut at this point. Maybe Drummond enters the rumor mill?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: KC Johnson: Bulls "Rebuffing" Trade Offers For Butler (Deal Unlikely)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 12:51:49 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I mean this nicely,  but there are a lot of active threads out there, many concerning Butler.  Can you consider starting fewer new threads and instead just add to the ongoing conversations? You've started a ton of new threads in the last 10 days.

Thanks!

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 12:55:55 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I mean this nicely,  but there are a lot of active threads out there, many concerning Butler.  Can you consider starting fewer new threads and instead just add to the ongoing conversations? You've started a ton of new threads in the last 10 days.

Thanks!

Yep my bad.

Sorry this deadline is causing me to feel hyped even though I should be expecting nothing much.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 01:03:22 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
After what Cousins went for (and the dropping price for Lopez), if I was Chicago, I would rebuff the trade offers too.  Chicago is smart to not sell into what this market appears to be.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 01:09:28 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
After what Cousins went for (and the dropping price for Lopez), if I was Chicago, I would rebuff the trade offers too.  Chicago is smart to not sell into what this market appears to be.
Market is very different for Butler. He is signed through 2020 (at a below market salary) and is not disruptive in a bad way like Cousins. Chicago can just keep him around and he will contribute and not embarrass the team.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 01:11:39 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Thanks!
I prefer a new thread with new information. No need to wade through pages of arguing what he is worth to get to new information.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 01:14:48 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Thanks!
I prefer a new thread with new information. No need to wade through pages of arguing what he is worth to get to new information.

Guess I'm in the same boat, but I hate going to the same thread just rehashed differently. No offense to OP, nothing against him, just speaking in generalities. Because last year, I remember seeing like 20,000 different threads about literally the same topic that moderators had to constantly merge or delete.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 01:16:40 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Thanks!

I'd encourage OPs (or fellow staff) to modify titles rather than have rehashes spelled out in a bunch of new threads.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 03:55:05 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I come to this and other sites every day.  When I see a thread more that 3 pages long, I ignore it.  I look for and read only new threads.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 04:04:07 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Thanks!

I'd encourage OPs (or fellow staff) to modify titles rather than have rehashes spelled out in a bunch of new threads.

TP - also a mention in the title as to what page the new info begins would also be helpful. The major problem with this recommendation though is that a poster who doesn't often create new threads would be unable to alter prior threads.

Because there are issues with this, I always kind-of thought it would be neat if there was a subject thread (ie, Jimmy Butler) with related threads under the subject. That way people could create all the new threads they wanted to, but it would be easier to find relevant ones from more than a day ago.

Either way, I've always been a satisfied member of CB and glad things are moderated well around here.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 04:13:05 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
My bad guys. I didn't mean to start a mini back and forth here.

In my original mindset, I just thought of creating a new thread because this wasn't just some "fluff" rumor but KC Johnson is a reliable Bulls reporter who is usually on the top of his game. Plus most of the Butler threads are talking about "trade ideas" or what "others" are reporting of him (like Windhorst).

I did create a "Jimmy Butler Watch Thread" a while ago on "around the NBA" section of the forums we could use for it all. I can bump it if you all want. It was basically us monitoring him throughout the first half of the season.