Author Topic: Pretty sure Danny already has deals in place for Bogut and PJ  (Read 4739 times)

Pretty sure Danny already has deals in place for Bogut and PJ
« on: February 21, 2017, 12:29:34 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Strictly depending on if we make a big deal using amir's contract and jae/AB

An NBA source tells us the Celtics and Mavs can be expected to talk about an Andrew Bogut trade. But there is an ‘if’ and there is a ‘fit’ that must be addressed. – via Scout.com
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 12:37:04 PM by rondohondo »

Re: Pretty sure Danny already has deals in place for Bogut and PJ
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 12:37:04 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
It's kind of crazy that we could be blowing up this team given how well it's been playing.

I also don't think the PJ and Bogut trades are both going to happen if we make a major rade, I think it depends on who that trade is for. For example if we trade Bradley and Crowder for Butler I can see it happening. But if we trade for Drummond then I don't think we make the Bogut deal

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 12:40:06 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Cue the obligatory sarcastic fireworks picture.

It's hard to get excited for a 32 year old center whose years past his prime and never on the court and PJ Tucker

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 12:41:27 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
Excited to hold on to assets that aren't late second round picks though.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 12:42:26 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

It's hard to get excited for a 32 year old center whose years past his prime and never on the court and PJ Tucker

Don't get excited by a minor move to shore up a weakness, get excited by how good our team is right now and the pick we have coming up
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 12:45:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It's kind of crazy that we could be blowing up this team given how well it's been playing.

I also don't think the PJ and Bogut trades are both going to happen if we make a major rade, I think it depends on who that trade is for. For example if we trade Bradley and Crowder for Butler I can see it happening. But if we trade for Drummond then I don't think we make the Bogut deal

I don't think you'll see any kind of "blowing up" of the team.  There's always the possibility of a major trade for a star, which necessarily has costs, but normally that's not seen as blowing things up.  Otherwise you're talking about trading a backup center like Tyler Zeller, who's played all of 400 minutes this season, for another backup center in Andrew Bogut, who just has a different skill set.  Or maybe trading a couple of players at the end of the bench for a more useful bench player in Tucker.  Small changes designed to make the team more competitive and address a weakness or two, but far from blowing things up.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 12:46:01 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell

Don't get excited by a minor move to shore up a weakness, get excited by how good our team is right now and the pick we have coming up

How good our team is right now? We still can't beat anyone of significance and would lose to CLE, WAS, and TOR is 7 game series. Best case scenario we put up a good fight in the second round.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 12:56:51 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

How good our team is right now? We still can't beat anyone of significance and would lose to CLE, WAS, and TOR is 7 game series. Best case scenario we put up a good fight in the second round.

Yeah, having a solid hold on the #2 spot in the east while being without multiple starters/rotation players for the majority of the year apparently guarantees we will lose in the 2nd round  ::)

I understand Cleveland, but I will wait to see the actual games against Toronto and Washington.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 12:58:05 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987

If the Celtics picked up DeMarcus Cousins without giving up their core, they will be talking about NBA Finals right now and not being concerned about getting past the first or second-round. Meaning, the Celtics would've smoked the entire Eastern Conference with a lineup of IT4, Bradley, Crowder, Horford, Cousins.

And when I mean by "smoke the entire Eastern Conference", I also mean the Cleveland Cavaliers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 12:58:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm honestly kind of surprised there hasn't been much talks about O'Quinn.

Another guy who can rebound also at 4M for next season.

Still could get a max guy this summer and O'Quinn helps this year too.

But I would not mind Tucker or Bogut at all.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 12:59:32 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

We're 37-20, second best in the Eastern Conference, and have a starter coming back that hasn't played in over a month.  Not only that, but we've recently beaten a few top teams (the Rockets, Raptors, Clippers, and Jazz) despite missing 1 starter in three of those games and 2 in the other.

There's nothing to suggest that we would, at best, just "put up a good fight" in a 7 game series against the Wizards. I agree that we aren't beating CLE or TOR this season (barring a major change), though

Edit: To add to that part about the Wizards, we are 1-0 against them at home ad 0-2 against them on the road.  Obviously both sample sizes are tiny, but we would have home court so implying that we have no chance in the series is ridiculous
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 01:06:20 PM by BitterJim »
I'm bitter.

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 01:07:50 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I don't get why people think the Celtics won't beat WAS in a series. Because they beat us 2/3? Newsflash, we weren't healthy both times, First game we were without Horford AND Crowder and the last one was without Bradley.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 01:40:44 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Just read this...

The Mavs and Celtics are expected to discuss a deal that would send Andrew Bogut to Boston in exchange for one of the Celtics first-round picks, according to Mike Fisher of Scout.com.

This rumor has not been confirmed by any other national outlets, so it's unknown how accurate it is. The report states that such a trade is dependant on Boston first making another, larger move. The deal with Dallas would purportedly center around Bogut and his expiring contract in exchange for Tyler Zeller and one of Boston's less valuable future first-round picks.

http://www.scout.com/nba/mavericks/story/1756644-mavs-celtics-trade-talk-bogut-for-a-no-1

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 01:53:47 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Just read this...

The Mavs and Celtics are expected to discuss a deal that would send Andrew Bogut to Boston in exchange for one of the Celtics first-round picks, according to Mike Fisher of Scout.com.

This rumor has not been confirmed by any other national outlets, so it's unknown how accurate it is. The report states that such a trade is dependant on Boston first making another, larger move. The deal with Dallas would purportedly center around Bogut and his expiring contract in exchange for Tyler Zeller and one of Boston's less valuable future first-round picks.

http://www.scout.com/nba/mavericks/story/1756644-mavs-celtics-trade-talk-bogut-for-a-no-1

This is what's important - what is that other larger move? Is it Melo? Butler? Griffin? Drummond? I guess only time will tell.

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 01:54:39 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Just read this...

It makes sense.   If Boston gets one of the swing men they want (Butler/George), the followup move is a short term, fix a weakness for a playoff run type of move.