Author Topic: Feel like it will be Melo  (Read 2436 times)

Feel like it will be Melo
« on: February 21, 2017, 12:19:44 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
... and before I get to my point this has NOTHING to do with the Celtics Instagram following Melo.. In fact the person or persons who control Celtics social media would have absolutely no insight on trades...

So down to Melo and Phil ... Their situation has become so bad that one there is almost no competition for Melo.. Only CLEV and LAC have permission to trade, which they have nothing really to offer ... so whomever gets him will be at such a low price DA will have to get his hands dirty...

So what if The Celtics can offer a bunch of expiring contracts and future picks...
ex) Johnson, Zeller , Young, 2018 Celtics own pick, and 2017 early 2nd round pick

Keeping entire core together while adding a deadly scorer on a two year contract while you keep and build those Nets picks

Jackson is looking more desperate by the day and maybe DA will just make another lowball move...

Re: Feel like it will be Melo
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 12:21:02 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I would almost do that, just to p--- off the Knicks fans.

Mike

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 12:21:16 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If we can add Drummond, holy moly lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 12:24:11 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
Jackson ain't taking an offer that doesn't include Crowder.

Crowder, Johnson, Jerebko, late 1st would be the best we could do. And that may be an overpay to be honest.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 12:28:57 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Crowder, Johnson, Jerebko, late 1st would be the best we could do. And that may be an overpay to be honest.

Jackson sounds like he willing to take a day old loaf of bread back frankly.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 12:35:38 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
BKN 2018 pick is also swap-rights, correct?  If so, Celts don't have their" own" pick as they will surely swap.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 12:39:00 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

What about this Zeller, Johnson, Jerebko , BOS 18 and Memphis Pick. Would you do that?

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 12:39:36 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
BKN 2018 pick is also swap-rights, correct?  If so, Celts don't have their" own" pick as they will surely swap.

No, 2018 Nets pick is owned straight up (and unprotected).  The 2017 pick is only swap rights because the Stepian rule prevented them from sending us their 2016, 2017, and 2018 picks without getting one back in 2017 (or one back in each of 2016 and 2018, but there was no way Danny would do that)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 12:39:37 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

No Brooklyn 18 is a pick they gave us. I believe that '17 was the only option to swap.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 12:40:06 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Melo, while a talented player, fits the worst among the names being tossed around (Butler, PG, Drummond). Still, I'd probably do the trade since the price will likely be cheap. I'm thinking, Rozier, Zeller, Young and a late 1st rounder and an early 2nd rounder (aka the "Cousins package") can get it done.
- LilRip

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 12:40:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
the swap is only for this year -- Nets could not leave themselves without a first rounder in consecutive years hence the swap so that if it happened they'd have the C's first rounder.

EDIT: nothing says your premise is wrong more the 5 posters telling you you're wrong in less than a minute   :o

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 12:48:07 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
What's interesting is Melo said on Sunday he spent the weekend talking to his family. He had said his family was most important to him in terms of a trade, and he wanted to stay in NY. Just a little more smoke to add.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 12:48:22 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226

What about this Zeller, Johnson, Jerebko , BOS 18 and Memphis Pick. Would you do that?

Absolutely.

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 12:54:00 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd buy low on Melo but word is Hayward would consider the C's this off season. So my question is what would you prefer Melo at PF on a cheap deal or go for Hayward and play Crowder at the PF?

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 12:57:19 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Melo, while a talented player, fits the worst among the names being tossed around (Butler, PG, Drummond). Still, I'd probably do the trade since the price will likely be cheap. I'm thinking, Rozier, Zeller, Young and a late 1st rounder and an early 2nd rounder (aka the "Cousins package") can get it done.

You have to realize "names" get tossed around every year however how likely are they to be traded? maybe one major trade a deadline? its hard and unlikely to make a major trade... However in a situation like Boogie in Sac and Melo in NY the GM's/owners are desperate to move the player so a deal is more likely ... We cant just get sucked in all the rumors because most trades that actually do occur dont have a rumor to it .... trades come out of the blue, hence why I feel Melo could be the option here ....

Also dont forget Brad and Melo had some time together at ALL Star weekend so that could have changed any predeterminations by DA in the past? Who Knows? its just a theory...