Author Topic: Trade Madness - Refreshing every 3 minutes  (Read 8254 times)

Re: Trade Madness - Refreshing every 3 minutes
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Sauces tell me that Lebron is willing to go to the Celtics if we swing a deal for PJ tucker. The loss of love was too much for him, now that he does not have a whipping boy.

In other news, Kyrie is debating retiring to take up his life long passion of proving the Earth is actually flat.

Haha Stevens TP for that. LeBron likes the direction of the Celtics better now so he bails on Cleveland. Again.

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 03:21:25 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
since there is currently no thread on rumors, i will put this rumor here.

at the risk of being trollish, iRotoworld says:

>>The Mavs and Celtics are expected to discuss a deal that would send Andrew Bogut to Boston in exchange for one of the Celtics first-round picks, according to Mike Fisher of Scout.com.

This rumor has not been confirmed by any other national outlets, so it's unknown how accurate it is. The report states that such a trade is dependant on Boston first making another, larger move. The deal with Dallas would purportedly center around Bogut and his expiring contract in exchange for Tyler Zeller and one of Boston's less valuable future first-round picks.<<
If I've learning anything over the years, once a rumor is confirmed, it's pretty much dead in the water.  Most trades seem to happen when people are not expecting them. 

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 03:26:38 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

Mike Loyko Retweeted Zach Lowe
"I've had an exec tell me yesterday that Boston is going to get Paul George this week" -- @ESPNSteinLine

; )

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 03:32:03 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Take this for what its worth but Vegas just shifted their Celtics championship line from +1600 to +1000

I'd say something is definitely about to happen or has happened that hasn't been released to the public yet.

and for those who are unfamiliar with Vegas... A Andrew Bogut acquisition does not move a line that much.

Did the line change for any other teams that are in contention looking to trade to get better? Could be Vegas just playing it safe knowing the Celtics are a team that could be looking for a big piece by the trade deadline.

Vegas doesn't move a line 6U on a hunch, I mean they can but i've never seen it.
No other lines significantly moved today and from what I seeing this happened in the past hour.

So as a Vegas scrub (basically I understand the concept of lines), I am in the dark about something. Is Vegas' betting industry basically an insider? Like how would they of all people know anything before the NBA insiders? Do they have their own people? Do teams report to them before reporters? How would they know to move the lines?

We all know that the insider for Vegas is Adam $$$ilver-!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 03:33:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

"I've had an exec tell me yesterday that Boston is going to get Paul George this week" -- @ESPNSteinLine

; )

And now it's coming out the Pacers are targeting Okafor and also as we know, shopping their first round pick.

If we want a slim chance at PG13, have to hope the Pacers don't get a deal with their first rounder.

Otherwise try again in the summer.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2017, 03:37:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Could we pick up Darren Collison for Terry Rosier? Collison would be a really good back up for IT.

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

; )

And now it's coming out the Pacers are targeting Okafor and also as we know, shopping their first round pick.

If we want a slim chance at PG13, have to hope the Pacers don't get a deal with their first rounder.

Getting Okafor should probably tick off PG13..

I mean... Bird traded and rebuilt the team to be a pace and space type of offense. That is the exact opposite.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 03:47:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd say do yourself a favor and unplug from the rumors for a few days.  You'll be happier that way.

(I'm trying to follow this advice and having a hard time, as I always do this time of year)
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 03:49:07 PM »

Offline emajic1

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Take this for what its worth but Vegas just shifted their Celtics championship line from +1600 to +1000

I'd say something is definitely about to happen or has happened that hasn't been released to the public yet.

and for those who are unfamiliar with Vegas... A Andrew Bogut acquisition does not move a line that much.

Wow.  Is this true?  If so, we're definitely making a major move.  I actually think that we would have had interest in Boogie, but had a huge deal already agreed to that prevented further discussion.  Time will tell.

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 03:50:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

The championship odds moved more than that for the Celtics the day/night of our meeting with Durant....

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 03:51:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

; )

Getting Okafor should probably tick off PG13..

I mean... Bird traded and rebuilt the team to be a pace and space type of offense. That is the exact opposite.
That rumor is about as unlikely as any I have seen. Turner and Okafor can not play together.

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 03:55:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Vegas is trying to entice people to bet on the Celts given all the rumors.  It's not an indication of insider knowledge.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 04:00:32 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I'd say do yourself a favor and unplug from the rumors for a few days.  You'll be happier that way.

(I'm trying to follow this advice and having a hard time, as I always do this time of year)

I seriously try to. The most likely outcome is nothing serious happens, just like every year. I can't ever remember Danny making a lot of noise at the deadline. It's usually a bust..

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
I believe Paul George is worth making a major deal for. He can play the 2 or 3 or 4 depending on how you want to play. He can cover Bron, KD, Leonard, Beal and Derozan. I think he would also resign in Boston and end up being a great Celtic.

The Big 3 would be IT\Horford\George

He's the guy to go get!!  Nets 2017 #1, AB, Brown, Amir

George and Seraphin come to the Celtics.

Agreed - I think George moves the needle a lot more than Butler does. I honestly haven't watched the Pacers much this year, but if George is still playing at the level he showed in the playoffs against the Heat, then I think he makes us at least even with the Cavs in terms of talent (the officiating may still make it nearly impossible to win that series). In the deal you mentioned, I'd love to hold onto the Nets pick or Brown if at all possible.

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 04:23:56 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
BTW - what is refreshing every 3 minutes????

Anyway my 2 cents worth. Here I am again constantly refreshing and going to weei, rotoworld, espn - any site I can find. I am going to these stupid cryptic tweets to try to get more info and just like last year nothing is happening. I see myself doing this for another day and a half and just at the deadline when nothing happens I will wait a little longer to see if the NBA is just sorting out the details to make sure it works and guess what - nothing happens and I have wasted days and days waiting for something great. I think I need professional help.